Questions questions questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
I got tickled (we say that in the South alot. Hope it makes sense to other people! It means a tiny giggle or laugh, kinda like a "bless your heart" thing.) when you said Grimmgreen was blowing all of that vapor and wondered why your kGo wasn't like that. And you bought a ProVari! Just wait until that thing comes in. I've never used one, but they are top notch! You will soon have that vapor! As for the nic buzz, please drink some water!!! Carbonated beverages-especially those with caffeine-make dehydration worse. Alcohol too (dehydration is the prime reason people have hangovers after drinking too much). So Water is your best bet. If you don't drink water, then eat fruits and veggies that contain water, like watermelon. Someone once posted eating iceburg lettuce helped them, and it does!! Put some lettuce on your next sandwich. Water will also help break up the congestion in your chest, that stuff has got to get out of there and you need to help your cough become more productive. Congratulations, and I am so glad you are so excited about vaping! It's life changing! :)

Vernn

May 22, 2013
Missouri
Just bought a bottle of this...

Simple Home Remedies | Ingredient of the Month

If I understand correctly from what I've read then adding some of this in my juice will reduce throat hit and lung hit, reduce flavor, and increase vapor production. Thats pretty much exactly what I need.

I bought a couple of droppers too. I'm just going to add a few drops as my juice level goes down to find the sweet spot.

Oh, first time in 20 years I got into a car and drove some place without smokes. Its amazing how well vaping works as a substitute for smoking. I've only been an ex smoker for 4 hours and actually got in the car without even thinking about grabbing smokes.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

If I understand correctly from what I've read then adding some of this in my juice will reduce throat hit and lung hit, reduce flavor, and increase vapor production. Thats pretty much exactly what I need.

I bought a couple of droppers too. I'm just going to add a few drops as my juice level goes down to find the sweet spot.

Oh, first time in 20 years I got into a car and drove some place without smokes. Its amazing how well vaping works as a substitute for smoking. I've only been an ex smoker for 4 hours and actually got in the car without even thinking about grabbing smokes.

Gotta go for dinner. Yes that's the right one. 20 drops= approx 1 ml. Like I said the clearo head is prolly 2.4 ohms and best to use a LR ohms.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    daleron is good at that. :) She helped me out, along with many others, a lot.

Hey! Don't look at me! I'm not smarter! :D
    Still learning too.

Daleron is a very cool, helpful and sweet gal :thumbs:

:blush: I did!? :confused:

Way to go Vernn! I was just about to tell them you had run to Wally World :)

TheElectrician

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    So years ago I tried using the first generation of e-cigs to quiet smoking. It was joke. 60 dollars for the little white cigarette looking tube with the light up end and the cartridges that gave two good pulls between drops. It didn't work.

Fast forward to recently, and as a two+ pack a day smoker for 20 years I have recently been waking up not being able to breath, no energy, chest congested, and it got so bad that coughing didn't even do anything. I could cough as much as I wanted but it wasn't productive so I just trained myself not to cough since it was useless. Wheezing at night and all that. I was slowly dieing.

A week or so ago a coworker informed me of his dad quitting smoking using vaping. I told him about my previous attempt and he said the one his dad owned had a display and a big battery etc, and he hadn't smoked in years because of it. I went to youtube and found Grimmgreen's videos and if there was an award for making something look pleasurable he should get it. I had no idea how much of a hobby the whole thing had become, and as a tech guy I was hooked.

I ordered like 450 dollars worth of stuff online a week ago. Ego twists, a provari, 15 different flavors of juice, tanks, cartomizers, the whole 9 yards. I figure if I quit smoking then money in this case truly wasn't a concern. I was just praying that it would work.

Well I still haven't got my equipment in the mail yet, and today I was tired of the headache and chest congestion and being tired and not being able to breath. I got so motivated I found a local e-cig store and made the trip. I ended up spending 100 dollars for two KGo batteries in a little kit with two small tanks, 2 replacement heads, and two 30 mil bottles of juice. Its only been two hours, I can already breath better, the smokes, lighter and ash tray are put away, and I have absolutely no desire for a real cigarette. The guy gave me 24mg nicotine juice and I half feel drunk and have a slight headache, but at this point getting too much nicotine is loads better than not enough, so I thank him for that.

Now to the questions....

#1 In Grimmgreen's youtube videos that guy blows out smoke that would make a steam engine jelous. My little KGo setup I just bought hits too hard if I draw slow enough and long enough, and thats a good thing because I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to "feel" the vape. Boy was I wrong. However the guy at the store said the juice I bought was something like 70/30 or 30/70 so it wasn't so thick that it would gum up equipment. I have seen the PG and VG acronyms and would like to know what they stand for and mean. Also, I would like to make more visible vapor. Like loads of it. I don't know why but that is just part of what would make the experience more satisfying for me. I mention it here because I'm guessing the ratio of these two ingredients might affect how well you can see the vapor or how "big" it looks. I'm happy with the throat hit/lung hit I get, I just want to see more if that makes sense. I need to be educated on this topic.

#2 As long as I can tolerate the symptoms for now is it ok to really be loading up on this much nicotine? Like I said I would much rather have too much than not enough, and right now its keeping me pretty buzzed and content. I have zero desire for a real smoke. I almost can't believe I just typed those words. :laugh:

#3 This symptom is starting to subside but within the first hour of vaping I was coughing like crazy, but the big difference is that the cough is productive, as in I'm actually getting rid of crap in my lungs. Is this vape related, or just just lack of real smoke related, and what can I expect in the coming days/months.

#4 I knew the taste wasn't going to be like a real cigarette and honestly thats fine with me. I don't think I was ever addicted to the taste of cigarettes. I just need the taste to not be bad. I got two flavors, grape and tobacco today. The grape is definitely better so I think I'm sticking with that. However they both have what I can best describe as that "stage smoke" flavor. I assume this is just the taste of the PG/VG base liquids that all liquids use to carry the nicotine. Are all liquids going to have this background "stage smoke sweety" flavor or is there truly a variety of very very different tasting liquids out there?

Thats about all I have for right now. Sorry for the long read, and I thank you if you made it this far. I can't believe Its only been two hours and I'm already very noticeably breathing better. Also I can't believe I don't want a cigarette. Normally I'm not sentimental, but I have been praying so much for this to work. I have no doubt I would have been dead in 10 years. :( All because a couple of bored teenagers decided to buy some cigarettes at a gas station 20 years ago one night.

Wow! My story is almost the same! I have 23 days now, feel so much better! I still reach for a cig sometimes and relize i dont smoke. Its still a little hard. But the e cig makes it so much easier! Keep with it! And fight the urge when it comes!!!

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 13, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ. USA

Of course you did sweetie. Just being there and being supportive is, something, exactly what was needed at the time.

Way to go Vernn! I was just about to tell them you had run to Wally World :)

Sometimes I think that place is my second home. LOL!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread