Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyLioness

Apr 3, 2019
Hi all, I'm new to the DIY vape juice thing, but not to DIY in general. I have already been making my own hair care products for a while now. When I got into the idea of making my own juices I thought 100% vg would be the way to go because I already have a lot on hand for my hair stuff. I know I need to thin it out but don't know how much. So first question, what's the best ratio of distilled water to vg?
I am using a jomo lite 40S if it helps to know this.
Next question, can anyone advise me on how to make my own flavor extracts, without necessarily having to use pg? I was considering using the sugar free flavor shots we use at Dunkin donuts because all of the ingredients other than the unknowns listed as "natural and artificial flavors" seem to already be used in many commercial e juice flavors... Water, propylene glycol, sucralose, glycerin, and whatever those natural and artificial flavors are. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for your help, can't wait to get started mixing. No, really I can't wait, I'm almost out of juice, lol.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can use up to 5% to thin your VG. Any more than that the vape becomes sort of anemic.

But really, sometimes less is more. If I were you I would experiment with some smaller ratios and/or a few drops in your tank.

Best of luck, I found it improved my vape a fair bit. Of course I was on max VG because I was PG sensitive and then I found PEG400 which is also a flavor carrier like PG. I dropped the water because I did not need it.

Good luck,

Anna

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I thought 100% vg would be the way to go because I already have a lot on hand
That doesn't seem like a particularly good justification to go against the industry standard of adding PG as a dilutant, flavor carrier, and for the throat hit. Max VG liquid is for people with special sensitivities and has drawbacks. As you've noted, all the best flavors are already in PG solution, so you should probably just buy a bottle. A little bit goes a long way.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Next question, can anyone advise me on how to make my own flavor extracts,
Just to get your feet wet, might like to read (see sticky's) some of the posts in:
Liquid Extraction From Tobacco
"natural and artificial flavors" seem to already be used in many commercial e juice flavors... Water, propylene glycol, sucralose, glycerin, and whatever those natural and artificial flavors are.
I would be extremely cautions of a utilizing listing ingredients as natural and artificial, there is a world of difference between what is intended to ingest and vape, not to mention the vague natural and artificial buzz words. For a good example of a vape flavor supplier where I'm careful purchasing their flavors, you could take a look at LorAnn oils and flavors:
Best LorAnn Super Strength Flavors for Vaping – Color Coded Spreadsheet
You will see a number of chemicals like Diacetyl which are acceptable to ingest but should not be used to vape. Tobacco nets are one thing but flavors like LA pop corn and butter are another. Dunkin Donuts flavor shots maybe acceptable to vape, but I'm doubting you will ever get the total proprietary breakdown of all natural and artificial chemical makeup of their shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread