Quick question for tanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
Very nice. I have this exact one being canoed or pigeoned over from China right now. The plane took off on the 30th of May and is apparently still in flight. Those mid-air refuels must be costly.

That's a really high price for coils, did you get the M series or the X series 904L's?
Not sure I’ll have to get back to you on that lol. At work right now

edit: the site doesn’t say just x2(for number of coils) and .2ohms. Yeah they were a little pricey compared to other sites but I just figured I’ll have it all in one package lol

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Ecigmafia
    Ah okay. I think I ravaged their clearance page pretty good when I first started buying stuff, haha. They have pretty good customer service though. Had a tank show up that had a bent thread post. They had me take a video of it, and then after seeing it, sent out another one. They are stateside as well, so that order should get to you pretty quickly.

Reactions: Roneraven

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
    Ah okay. I think I ravaged their clearance page pretty good when I first started buying stuff, haha. They have pretty good customer service though. Had a tank show up that had a bent thread post. They had me take a video of it, and then after seeing it, sent out another one. They are stateside as well, so that order should get to you pretty quickly.
    Yeah it will be here tomorrow lol. I wasn’t to sure about them but google said they legit so I have them a shot haha

Reactions: Z-Lee

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Ended up ordering the freemax tank and some of the .2 dual coils since they have that giant open hole on 2 sides for wicking lmao. Assuming there wouldn’t be a wicking issue with that opening lol. Thanx again for that heads up Z. This smok tank was really awesome at first but after reading some of the reviews a lot of the tfv9 coils seem to be faulty, would hate to buy a 5 pack and only get like 2 working coils out of it, that would piss me off lmao. Between that and the wicking issue I seem to be having here and there figured I would try something better lol Thanks again Z
    I love my fireluke 2. Never had issues with a bad coil yet. I hardly go over 55 watts with the .2ohm.

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    the site doesn’t say just x2(for number of coils) and .2ohms. Yeah they were a little pricey compared to other sites but I just figured I’ll have it all in one package lol
    I just realized I read this wrong, haha. The X2 is part of the 904L X series coils. They are presumed to be superior to the M series 904L's, but I can't say I've tried the M series. Between the two however, you can be assured that they will last, and they're both mesh. I'd say between the two, find a price point between what you like, and a decent price. Some swear by the multiple coiled, coils, but I can't say I've noticed that much of a difference, to be quite honest. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would object to that. I bought 4x packs of 5-coils from FastTech for about $12.50 a piece, but they are still waiting for them to arrive with an ETA having been pushed back twice now. Paying the higher price is sometimes worth the less hassle.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Freemax Fireluke 3/Maxluke (904L X or M series coils)
    I wanted to make a correction on here as to not spread misinformation. The 904L X series coils can be used in the Fireluke 3/Maxluke and the Twister (X/TX series coils), but not the M Pro/M Pro 2. The M series coils are for the M Pro/M Pro 2. I was thinking the M series was compatible with the Fireluke 3/Maxluke, but realized after doing some further research today, that it was the X/TX series coils I was thinking about instead.

tldr;

Fireluke 3/Maxluke: compatible with 904L X and X/TX* coils
    M Pro/M Pro 2: compatible with 904L M series coils (and a few other brands)

The 904L X and M series both use COILTECH 4.0, which uses SS904L and has a slightly different ratio of tea cotton vs. regular than the 3.0.

*The TX coils use COILTECH 3.0 which does not have the SS904L and has a slightly different ratio of cotton from the 4.0.

From what I've read, all are still considered to be of good quality and have a long coil life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread