Quick Questions on my mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Hi all,

I am currently running a Tobh RDA on my King 3 Mech Mod, So far so good. I have done my homework on my coil building, Ohms law, and amp limits but I still have a few Questions.

I am running Sony VTC 4 batteries with a 30 amp limit and my current set up is about .5 ohm dual coil. 6-7 wrap 28ga Kanthal, running approx. 8.4 amps which I am sure is well within my safety limit. I check my batteries about every hour or so on my Intercore D2 Intellicharger and by hand for any warmth or excess heat. I check my Ohms frequently to make sure they are around the same level as when first built.
One concern I have is for a Vent on the battery as the King 3 has no such air ventilation in the Mod, Should one be drilled in or am I okay as long I stay on top of checking up on my batteries?

Also have not currently bought a multimeter to check for shorts through the Atty but have not had any such issues that I could not immediately notice such as hot spots or just plain badly built coils on my part.

Is there anything I am missing here? :D

Thanks ECF for all the info, has been my most valued resource since I started vaping.

42Bisco

Jun 15, 2013
Columbus, Ohio, USA
It definitely would not hurt to drill a few small holes near the top for peace of mind. I'm surprised they don't have vent holes already, but since they don't you should consider doing it (just in case). Sounds like you're very well informed and have been using good batteries! Buying a multimeter would be a good idea too, under $20 from FT!

Stay safe fellow vaper!

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Thanks,
Yeah i just double checked and there is absolutely no air flow out of the mod, so I will end of drilling some vent holes. Are there any preferred spots? I would imagine not near the bottom as that is where my hand is.
Here is a pic of my setup and I usually fire with my middle and or ring finger. King3 Tobh.jpg

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
You could also test it first before drilling as some mods will vent through the topcap and/or switch. Take the topcap off and try to blow through the tube with the switch attached, then do the reverse. If you get a good airflow through one or the other you should be good.

Good on ya for being a smart vaper!

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Also from what I have looked up and watched most batteries vent through the Positive end making the top probably the best to drill?

Miata, Checked both ends, completely solid, no airflow. I even took off the top cap with the 510 connection to check the middle and nothing. Will try to get to drilling holes as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
One more quick question as well about battery storage,

I keeping my batteries in a simple plastic pill bottle to keep them away from metal or any possible shorts, and i usually rest them for an hour after charging. Would it be okay to put both my Batteries in the same bottle as long as they are side by side and not able to stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread