Quit Analogs w/ E-Cig for 4 months but started back... Ready to quit again - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first discovered E-cigs a few years back and they helped me quit for 4 months straight - however after a stressful road trip to Atlanta I started analogs again and have been on them ever since. :(
I have no idea where my batteries, charger, etc, is for my DSE 901 - also all of the shops I ordered from in the past are no longer in business ( that's a bit concerning... ) :confused:

I did my hours upon hours of research and price comparison years ago and I'm really not up for it again.:facepalm: I just want to quit analogs for good. So if any of you could please suggest an e-cig with a long battery life and shop I can buy it and the parts/liquid from that isn't too expensive please let me know. I would GREATLY appreciate it.:laugh:

willr001

Feb 18, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Depending on appearence preference, I'd get either a simple mod from madvapes or a couple ego batteries and atty's from liberty flights or cignot or totally wicked. The mod would be cheaper if you wanted more than a couple batteries. The ego is the size of a mini cigar. The tank system dulls flavors a bit, but is very convenient if you don't mind a little fiddling to get it working good for you. An LR atty is good for dripping. I like fsusa and vaporbomb juices myself, but it's kinda personal preference.

Vendor links are all in the supplier forum.

Welcome back!

The 901 was okay but I am looking for something "stronger" I guess? I don't mind spending a bit more than what the 901s' cost. It doesn't have to resemble an analog, however I'd prefer something that isn't too bulky.

I guess I've forgotten a lot about e-cigs because I have no idea what a box mod or tube style is haha sorry! Please refresh my memory.

I seemed to go for flavors like coca cola and vanilla.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all your help!

techtony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Louisiana USA
well, I have a p16 for home use but for on the go I have an ego-t from totally wicked. Issue on the ego-t right now though: it seems like a toss of the coin, if you get a good one you get a good one. some people have problems with leaking or burnt flavor some others do not.

I myself have been using one for 2 months on the same atty with no problems(knock on wood).

There are many many options out there, hopefully a lot of people will chime in so you can get a good prospective of what's out there.

Good luck and welcome back to the world of vaping!!

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
Joye eGo has 1000 mah batteries that should last you at least a full day of chain vaping. You dont necessarily have to go with the 510 cartridges, the tank system. You can always use 510 cartomizers, mega (large size) atomizers, and a variety of other 510/compatible products on the batts too.

Liberty Flights is a wonderful company with great customer service. They sell the eGo stuff and also a wide variety of equipment right down to the carto's and even syringes. Wonderful 20% sale, just click on the link in the upper left corner of the home page for 20% off you entire order.

I use FreedomsmokeUSA and also GourmetVapor for my juices.

Welcome back and best of luck! There are a lot of other type devices out there, often called mods, but I cannt speak to them as I am happy with my eGo batteries.

Darth Skirata

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Blue,

I had a similar experience to you. I started using a pv and was able to completely quit analogs for 6 months. I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years and loved smoking. I tried everything to quit and could never make it more than a couple of days, even with medications like chantix.
My advise is to mot jump into all kinds of crazy mods and customization. Get yourself a couple of eGO batteries - they last forever and a day. If you are in front of a computer all day or on the road all day, maybe get a USB passthrough eGO (it's a fully recharageable eGO battery but with USB passthrough capabilities), and a couple of standard 510 atomizers to go with it. I have used a few different models, and the eGO gives great battery life, isn't complicated or fancy, and produces good vapor and flavor, in my opinion.
I got mine from cignot, as the equipment they sell is genuine Joye OEM equipment. You can find cheaper stuff out there, but it's cheaper for a reason.
For juices, I live Vapor4Life for certain flavors (Wowboy), FSUSA (FreedomSmokeUSA) for certain flavors (Wyatt Earp, Voodoo) and MadVapes for others (Mad Grape, Verry Berry, Hawaiian Delight). From your statement about a preference for Vanilla or Cola, probably your best bet would be to check out FSUSA and MadVapes for juice.

Based on what I've read here on the ECF and video reviews on YouTube, I would recommend staying away from one of the newer tank or wicking systems, like the eGO-T or the Volcano Inferno, seems like the manufacturers still have some QC process stuff to flesh out there.

Good luck and welcome back!

Thanks for all the help everyone! I just purchased an eGo from Liberty Flights... I am a bit confused by all the different "types" of eGos. The T and XL or something??

This is the one I ordered.... Joye eGo 510 - Special ECF Offer. Looks like the Standard one. It was only $39!!

I ordered some juice from them just so I could order from the same site however I'll check out some of the places y'all have listed.

THANKS EVERYONE!! I really think I'll be able to make it past 4 months this time. Hopefully I'll NEVER smoke another analog again ^_^

willr001

Feb 18, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks for all the help everyone! I just purchased an eGo from Liberty Flights... I am a bit confused by all the different "types" of eGos. The T and XL or something??

This is the one I ordered.... Joye eGo 510 - Special ECF Offer. Looks like the Standard one. It was only $39!!

I ordered some juice from them just so I could order from the same site however I'll check out some of the places y'all have listed.

THANKS EVERYONE!! I really think I'll be able to make it past 4 months this time. Hopefully I'll NEVER smoke another analog again ^_^

Nice deal!

My fav for beating cig cravings is to slap an LR306 on there with a drip tip and use whatever my fav 24mg tobacco juice of the moment is.

The T (tank) system has a bit of a love/hate thing going on. When it works, it's decent on flavor and draw, and very convenient, when it doesn't work it gets real inconsistent on vapor and flavor. Still, it beats the pants off the standard carts for the 510 atty, and holds a good bit of juice. Very useful for driving or other situations where dripping is less than ideal.

I still need to try cartomizers. CE2's seem to get a lot of good reviews.

XL is just a larger atty and cartridges. There is a straight and cone shaped mega atty. I've heard they can leak more, but also heard they are better than the regular 510 or T atty for flavor and vapor. XL may also refer to the larger 1000mah ego batts versus the 650mah batts.

Glad to have you with us. Enjoy, and remember that the juice is much more important than hardware. Don't be afraid to shop around or try flavors that you may not expect to like. I was very suprised at how much I liked soda flavors, and how much I didn't like tobacco flavors. Then I was suprised by how much I liked non-standard tobacco flavors after not liking the more analog-esque flavors. Right now I'm really digging on the Gorilla Juice (banana tobacco) from AVEJuice, maybe with a drop of wyatt earp (by itself tastes like a handrolled analog with some cherry pipe tobacco in it) from fsusa when I need to take it up a notch in intensity.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride. Focus on how much better your lungs feel, and you sense of taste and smell. If you exercise, the being able to breathe is awesome. Stay positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread