Status
Not open for further replies.

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
No nic for 2 days now and no problems.
Strange.
I've always known that the entire ritual of 'smoking' and now 'vaping' was the most relaxing and enjoyable part of the habit for me, but I've smoked a pack and a half a day for over 45 years until Jan. of this year when I tried my first e-cig. Two days later I was off of analogs completely with no desire for the burning stuff. I tried one and couldn't stand it so I just continued to fulfill my needs and desires with various flavors and types of e-juice.
I noticed that if I went below 20 mg nic that I would totally chain vape and feel slightly nervous as my body looked for the drug it was missing.

Now the story behind the headline.

I have terrible lungs....always have. Asthma, bronchitis, finally diagnosed with emphysema about 15 years ago. When I was about 6 yrs old I drank some paint thinner (hey, I remember I was really, really thirsty) and scarred the inside of my airways and lungs. That is probably where it started.
Read: COPD
Anyway....
During the past 10 days it became increasingly 'harsh' vaping.
Three days ago I could no longer inhale vapor with ANY level of nicotine in it.
My usual 24mg wouldn't even come close to getting into my throat before I went into coughing spasms and fits.
6mg was vape-able for me, but it burned slightly and got worse until after a half dozen puffs at that level I would begin choking again.
Then I mixed up some zero nic juice to see what would happen.
No irritation....just relaxing pleasure.

I enjoyed smoking,
I enjoy vaping now for the same reasons.
I don't need the nicotine nor even crave it much anymore it appears, so perhaps I will be able to continue to get all of the pleasure, relaxation, and focus I was getting before sans the drug.
I know that some of you will think,
"why bother with the vape if you aren't using it to get your 'fix' anymore." "Wasn't the whole idea to be able to get your drug in a healthier, safer, and more community friendly manner?"
Perhaps...although for me at the time it was more about saving money than finding a healthier alternative.
Vaping was and is about both.

For me, nicotine is no longer an option. Fortunately and amazingly, it is also no longer a necessity. And I absolutely don't have to worry about returning to analogs....I would never make it past the first puff. In fact I now try to avoid inhaling in the presence of 'smokers'. (I see that as my problem and not their problem, however.)
But for now, I am merrily vaping away at zero and loving it....the warmth, the thickness of the vape, the flavor, the whole ritual thing that I find relaxing and focusing.

Wish me luck as this journey continues for me. It is different for all of us.
Two days ago. it became radically different for me.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Good for you! I tried this past monday and only made it 2 cartos worth. I may have been challenged more than you in that I vape flavorless.

I thought the sweet vanilla taste of the VG would stand out. Not happenin. Just vaping water.

I don't know what to put into it to make it taste good, yet not have a smell to it. Maybe just adding a little McCormick's vanilla?

Anyway, I just mixed in some nic to make it 3-4mg., and it gave me that nice tobacco taste. I definitely noticed that it was mostly psychological when I was cutting down.

The reality for me is that I may as well have a small amount of nic in my vape because the next important step for me is not vaping at all. And putting down this ecig seems as hard as quitting analogs cold turkey.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2010
    Ohio
    congrats on quitting nic. I quit awhile ago except for the vapes, like bobas bounty, that has 6mg as it's lowest nic. As for why I keep vaping, it's so relaxing. Coming home from work or winding down at night with a nice vape really hits the spot. for some people that ultimate quitting of cigarettes is quitting vaping as well. For me, it's a hobby that I enjoy while not killing my body. My wife hates it but tolerates the fact it is something I enjoy. Some liquids are worth vaping at 0 nic while a lot of others lose their appeal with the nic gone. I loved ecopure rich. At 0mg it's stupid to pay that kind of money. DIY is a route you can go if you used to buy from vendors that simply put flavoring in pg/vg and you paid for it. I personally love more creative liquids which costs more but I can't replicate their juice.

intriqken

ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    I've now past the week mark with no nicotine. I've had to junk a bunch of used cartos that had nic in them...easier and quicker than cleaning them.
    I miss the nic. I miss the throat hit mostly.
    I'm not having a problem with getting nervous or any other typical side effects from quiting nicotine. The whole ritual thing of vaping is calming and enjoyable enough. There is no mistake about the throat hit, though.
    I can and do, however, vape the no-nic at higher voltages to get the throat hit I miss.
    Still.....
    so far, so good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread