The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Quit Vaping?

Discussion in 'Vaping Success Stories' started by RichieRich, Mar 6, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RichieRich

RichieRich Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    How many of you have quit vaping due to not being as dependant on it? I am at 7 months without a smoke, and have moved down to zero nic. I used to order e-liquid once a month, but my most recent purchase was back in December. I realized last month that I do not seem as dependant on vaping which is why I have been able to stretch my supply for so long. How many of you are in a similar situation? I still keep my e-cig with me as a security blanket, but i am consdering just leaving it in the drawer going foward.

Any support groups i should look at?

Thanks,

2. northwestfarmtn

northwestfarmtn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2012
    Tn.
  3. Turnip

Turnip Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Australia
    Hello Richie,
    Transitioning from vaping to giving up altogether is the next stage for me as well..a support group is a good idea.
    A couple of days ago I was vaping away happiy for two days without realising that my juice had no nic in it, so I was pretty pleased with myself- unfortunately I woke up early the next day and had to dig out an old packet of tobacco and ended up smoking four cigarettes in a row, due to overwhelming urges.
    Prides and falls come to mind here!
    Back on the eCig now pondering my next move.

4. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Boston,MA.
    Is vaping so awful for you it feels like some terrible habit or was quitting always your goal?
    Just curious?
    C.B.
    [​IMG]

5. Penner

Penner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    USA
    I'd like to quit all.

Still costs money + I don't like to be beholden to anyone or anything + unless a USA vendor association forms/ becomes powerful, or some really good studies are published...

the govt/ big pharm/ BT are going to ban this or tax it heavily sooner or later.

Do I enjoy vaping, yes. But, the writing is on the wall.

6. bobalex

bobalex Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'll probably stop vaping the day of my funeral. Maybe a day or two before.

7. John D in CT

John D in CT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Connecticut
    RichieRich - First, can I borrow ten grand? I promise I'll pay you right back.

Next - I applaud your interest in not being dependent on inhaling anything other than air. Since quitting analogs about six months ago, I've been vaping 0 nicotine and liking it. One nice thing about it is the obvious - I'm more able to take it or leave it. Some days I'll forget to vape altogether, and if I leave the house without my PV, it's not a tragedy. I'm naturally saving on juice as well by not having to vape as much as I probably would on nicotine.

On the other hand; I'm toying with the idea of starting up on nicotine again, with the express intent of raising my dopamine levels, and experiencing the pleasure that we all know nicotine can deliver (especially when consumed along with MAOI's, but that's another thread). I skew toward the depressed end of the "Joy Spectrum", so as long as I'm not sucking in smoke, I might just dabble.

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you well.

8. vjc4

vjc4 Full Member

Mar 1, 2012
    U.S.A
    i know someone who did this!!!!!lol

9. John D in CT

John D in CT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Connecticut
    What, hit up RichieRich for ten large?

10. vancity

vancity Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    VanCity
    Although id like to quit all together some day, i think vaping is becoming or has become a hobby for alot of us :p

11. Dayvidpriddy

Dayvidpriddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    I'm also pretty much in the same boat as you as you are man. I didn't start using these things until 6 months after I quit cold turkey and at first I was worried that I would become addicted to these but that didn't happen. I use them when I feel like using them, which is nowhere near as often as I thought it would be.

I'm not sure why that is, but it just is.:) I'll definitely never get rid of my collection though, I've already spent tons of cash on this stuff and it's kinda a habit to keep buying when I can afford to.

12. Gloria

Gloria Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    midwest
    I'm with you RichieRich. I'm working on getting to zero nic now so that I can stop vaping altogether.

My main reason for wanting to quit is I just want to be free of the need for it. Plus I have no support within my immediate family to continue. My hubby expects me to quit vaping and my adult kids think my desk looks like a .... lab. :blush:

I'm just south of you in "-----field". Maybe we should start quit vaping support group meetings for the Chicago area. :2cool:

13. Baldr

Baldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Congrats.

I've been very slowly lowering my nic level, with good results. It would be nice to eventually reach the point where I can just put the PV aside and not use it without going nuts.

14. Turnip

Mar 24, 2011
    Australia
    Agree, just tired of the dependancy thing. And how to get the things through customs if you want to travel, lots of little things like having to drag all this stuff around. Mainly I am sick of needing nicotine still, . I agree with the view that nic can sometimes be health benefit, but I dont want to need it. And yeah it does cost money as well..
    Problem is after a couple of days nic free I pounced on the cigs again after a whole year ciggie free,
    Oh dear, what to do.

15. Dayvidpriddy

Jun 22, 2011
    Turnip you will probably always "want" to smoke, it doesn't really go away, I'm sorry to tell you.:oops: I've been smoke free for going on 15 months now and I still want to light up, am on all kinds of drugs to keep me calm, etc and I still want one and I still use e-cigs!

Unfortuntely it's a fight you are going to have (more than likely) for the rest of your life. If you are lucky you will escape it, most do not.

16. Icig

Icig Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    Idaho
    From smoking 7 years I got off with vapor. It has turned into more of a hobby now... It literally breaks me every month... Mods...juices...attys...tanks....mods...mods... You get the picture. If I could quit vaping.. I would. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone.
    Volt
    Magma
    Inferno
    Lava tube
    Vmod 2.0

17. Turnip

Mar 24, 2011
    Australia
    David I'm afraid you are right, probably forever addicted. I remember a friend (who was busy moving house) saying "I havnt smoked for 10 years-but right now i'd kill for a cigarette."
    Perhaps there should be a Smoker/Vaper addition to Alcoholics Anonomous, ie Nicotine Addicts anonomous-One drag and its one puff too many,
    Cheers

18. Dayvidpriddy

Jun 22, 2011
    Turnip,

My own lung doctor admitted to me that he smoked when he was in med school but quit because he knew he had to quit, how could he be a lung doctor and smoke, he said to me? He told me flat out that to this day he still craves to smoke, but hasn't allowed himself to do it.

I was pretty speechless when I heard him say this to me. It just tells the story all over again of how addicting this really is. It's very tough...

19. Turnip

Mar 24, 2011
    Australia
    Few of the Health Pros will admit to ever having the habit-they would prefer to sneer at Smokers and treat them as subhuman.
    I think I would like your Lung Doc, sounds honest.
    One Doc told my Mum " I gave it up five years ago and Im still angry" hahaha

20. J**2

J**2 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2012
    Medical Lake, WA, USA
    The MAO inhibitors in real cig smoke are responsible for a significant portion of the dependency enhancement and continuing use. That's why e cigs have low abuse potential. They just have nic.

There are studies suggesting real benefits to nicotine ingestion. Some day we may vape for health. ;-)

Jeff

GG stealth, Provari, iatty2, DIY chef

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.