Status
Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
In 3 days I will be at my 6 months of no cigarettes..Can't tell you how thankful I am to be off the "nasties". I surveyed my stash and now have enough stuff for at least 1 1/2 yr. I hate the fact that even after 6 months of sucess they still have a slight hold on me. Is this normal I ask you? I need to be strong and break the what if(?) cycle, and just pitch them.

So here is my question to you all, how long did you keep that last security blanket pack in the freezer for the "just in case"?

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Still have it, a pack of Camel Special Lights. It's more of a collectors piece now that a "just in case". After about the same amount of time I started to feel the same way, I read some of the posts about Snus and tried some. I still use it every so often, about a can every 4 days of Swedish Snus. The american stuff doesn't do anything but cause dental problems. Check out the Other Alternatives to Smoking/Smokeless tobacco and you can read all about it. Some of us need a little more than e-cigs can give, Snus IS NOT DIP, dip gags me.

Nyte

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Georgia
Still have it, a pack of Camel Special Lights. It's more of a collectors piece now that a "just in case". After about the same amount of time I started to feel the same way, I read some of the posts about Snus and tried some. I still use it every so often, about a can every 4 days of Swedish Snus. The american stuff doesn't do anything but cause dental problems. Check out the Other Alternatives to Smoking/Smokeless tobacco and you can read all about it. Some of us need a little more than e-cigs can give, Snus IS NOT DIP, dip gags me.

Holy MOLY! You have a pack of Camel Special Lights? That was my brand...started with those, and sadly...they hold a little bit of nostalgia with me. I was the only one out of my group of who smoked them, so everyone knew if they happened across a shiny gold pack, it was mine. They used to make fun of me for how light they were, "Like running down a hill with your mouth open!" and they NEVER bummed them from me. (Happy to say I don't miss the actual cigarettes. Just the box and the memories attached.)

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
My last carton of smokes were rotten or had that newfangled burnout paper or something. So they were the reason I found ecigs and their nasty smell (even before lighting) was a good reminder to not smoke. They sat in a draw for the first month after switching. I literally forgot about them until I opened the drawer a month later. I immediately threw them out because I wouldn't even wish them on a smoker.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I've still got most of a carton and a couple packs lying around. I don't even give them a second thought anymore. Somebody will come over that smokes and they can have them. They've been there for more than six months. Somebody don't come soon they're gonna get stale smokes. Ran into some guys that smoked at the last weekend's playoffs baseball game. . but, I never think to take them with me to give away. But, I've got nuff vapin stuff I'll never run out. Slowly cuttin the nic, and eventually will load up all the vapin crap in a footlocker and find a relative to give it to. No idea how long though. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

ec!gg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
www.ecigg.org
That is awesome you had the confidence to get rid of them. Great job!

I vacuum sealed 5 packs left from the carton I had purchased two days prior.

Kept them in the freezer for 3 months before I gave them away. I kept them that long "just in case". Switching to vaping was just so easy that I figured there had to be a catch.

So far no catch.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
I have 2 unopened packs left from last purchase before vaping, 4 months now, may never get rid of them. They're my security blankets in case of the Great Flood, subduction zone mega-quake, tsunami, monster hurricane, earth crustal shifts, the super volcano under Yellowstone, the asteroid, earth polarity or rotation reversal, solar storm frying all electrical equipment, the next Ice Age or just a plain brownout at the power company, when I won't be able to charge my batts. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
In 3 days I will be at my 6 months of no cigarettes..Can't tell you how thankful I am to be off the "nasties". I surveyed my stash and now have enough stuff for at least 1 1/2 yr. I hate the fact that even after 6 months of sucess they still have a slight hold on me. Is this normal I ask you? I need to be strong and break the what if(?) cycle, and just pitch them.

So here is my question to you all, how long did you keep that last security blanket pack in the freezer for the "just in case"?

Even though i took to the ECig right away, I must regretfully admit I hung on to a pack of unopened camel lights (yup me too, heard that brand twice in this thread, altho i don't think they were the special lights lol) for about six months! Luckily the seal never got broken on that pack and I tossed them.

prismsand

Apr 4, 2011
Spokane,Washington
It will be 6 months for me too end of August.I hadn't had any hauntings for a real cig til this past month.Not sure if it is stress from personal events or just that at some point one starts to think about them again.From quitting in the past on patches etc. I remember going through the same thing.Kinda like passing the "honeymoon" phase.

I also have a stash of real cigs.I tell myself I can have one if I really feel the need.And to not feel ashamed if I do.

Trouble is the e-cig keeps winning hands down everytime.Unlike the patches.The thought to have a cigarette passes very quickly.I'm really happy about that.

My older sister smokes.I haven't pushed her to try the e-cigs.Though I do mention from time to time how long I have gone without the real ones.Last week she actually asked me to buy her a starter set.I said sure will do !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread