"Quitter's Cankers"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gautama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Normal, IL
OW, OW, OW!! I'm not one to get angry very often, but these things are really pissing me off. I've been off analogs for over a month and, as if the general feeling of depression/ malaise isn't enough, I'm going through another round of these damn sores in my mouth. This time it's SIGNIFICANTLY more painful! One in particular on the part that connects my tongue to the bottom of my mouth. It hurts to vape, eat, and even talk. Needless to say, I'm feeling...hostile. Gargling salt water helps for a bit, but not very long. I swear by all that is good in this world, if I ever get the chance to meet any of the BT higher up's, I'm putting my foot in their collective asses :evil:. (end rant)

Out of curiosity, how long after one quits do they continue to get these afflictions (ie: mouth sores, zits, depression, etc)?

Gautama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Normal, IL
emu oil works great for cankers, kills the pain and speeds up healing. bnrk

Emu oil? As in the bird? Well in that case, there's an Emu farm a few miles from my house. I wonder if the keepers would mind if I were to suck on one of their birds for a while? :p I'd be up for about anything at this point...

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Last edited:

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
You need to go to your dentist and ask for a prescription of this stuff called "Debacterol". It cauterizes canker sores immediately and they heal in like a day.

I went through a bad bout of getting a canker sore once a week. I had one that was the size of a nickel and lasted three weeks once. It was pure hell! I couldn't figure out why I kept getting them. I thought it was my juice or just bad hygiene.. One things for sure, I'm a lot more cautious when I chew now!

But yeah, Debacterol. Get it. Works.

Gautama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Normal, IL
You need to go to your dentist and ask for a prescription of this stuff called "Debacterol". It cauterizes canker sores immediately and they heal in like a day.

I went through a bad bout of getting a canker sore once a week. I had one that was the size of a nickel and lasted three weeks once. It was pure hell! I couldn't figure out why I kept getting them. I thought it was my juice or just bad hygiene.. One things for sure, I'm a lot more cautious when I chew now!

But yeah, Debacterol. Get it. Works.

A nickel!? For 3 weeks!? That had to excruciating. I can't even imagine.

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
A nickel!? For 3 weeks!? That had to excruciating. I can't even imagine.

It was literally the worst pain I had ever experienced. And not only was it gigantic and painful, but it was next to one of my wisdom teeth, and it made it feel like I had a KILLER tooth ache. I stuck it out though and it went away. (Didn't have dental at the time).

I also want to mention that any tooth pastes with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate seem to contribute to canker sore production. I switched to a "sensitive" toothpase and they dropped DRAMATICALLY.

from some web search:

A. Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is a detergent found in toothpaste, shampoo, shaving cream, bubble bath and car wash soaps. Research on the effects of SLS on teeth and mouth is complicated and contradictory.
Some studies from the 1990s suggested that SLS might contribute to canker sores, while other trials showed no impact. More recently, SLS has been implicated in wear on tooth surfaces and irritation in the mouth (Swedish Dental Journal, Jan-March, 2003).
Some people may be more susceptible than others. Another reader offered this story: “I used to have canker sores all the time and then I read about SLS in toothpaste. I searched around for toothpaste that did not contain this ingredient. I started using Biotene toothpaste and I have not had a canker sore since I started using this product. It also reduces dry mouth.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread