Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
This project was the request of a friend (dancing disco Dino :laugh:) who does a lot of coil building and testing.

I used a Hammond 1590YBK case (92mm x 92mm x 42mm).

Features:
-Raptor 20A 120W
-Output voltage: 3.3v - 6v
-Reverse polarity protection via externally added p-channel mosfet
-Input overcurrent protection via externally added PTC fuses
-6v (loaded) low voltage cutoff via externally added zener diode
-Power connect/disconnect switch
-Volt/ohm meter power connect/disconnect switch
-LED power on indicator
-LED low battery indicator

Dino needed an ohm meter that it is accurate, reads less than 1 ohm, and reads ohms to the hundredths. I initially was going to use a separate volt meter and ohm meter, but then went on a search to find a combo volt/ohm meter that would meet the requirements I needed. I ended up using eleaf's combo volt/ohm meter and am powering it with a 4v 250mA LDO.

rbb01.png

rbb02.png

rbb03.png

rbb04.png

Last edited:

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
This was my next project very cool. I was going to use a cheap 5v step up board for power and a ldo for the meter. I never thought of using a Raptor, I finished my 10a raptor 3 weeks ago so it would be easy to use one for this purpose and they are so affordable. Thank you for the information, I will probably have a question or two in a few days lol.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Just insert the eleaf volt/ohm meter wiring into the circuit similar as you would for a standard volt meter, except you need a separate low volt power source (you can use 2x AA batts or the 4v LDO like I did).

I used a DPST switch to power on/off the volt/ohm meter instead of a SPST switch so to match the power connect/disconnect switch. I also used the LTC1440 comparator as a low input voltage indicator set to activate the red LED at 6.2v.

eleaf-wiring.png

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
This project was the request of a friend (dancing disco Dino :laugh:) who does a lot of coil building and testing.

I used a Hammond 1590YBK case (92mm x 92mm x 42mm).

Features:
-Raptor 20A 120W
-Output voltage: 3.3v - 6v
-Reverse polarity protection via externally added p-channel mosfet
-Input overcurrent protection via externally added PTC fuses
-6v (loaded) low voltage cutoff via externally added zener diode
-Power connect/disconnect switch
-Volt/ohm meter power connect/disconnect switch
-LED power on indicator
-LED low battery indicator

Dino needed an ohm meter that it is accurate, reads less than 1 ohm, and reads ohms to the hundredths. I initially was going to use a separate volt meter and ohm meter, but then went on a search to find a combo volt/ohm meter that would meet the requirements I needed. I ended up using Eleaf's combo volt/ohm meter and am powering it with a 4v 250mA LDO.

rbb01.png

rbb02.png

rbb03.png

rbb04.png

Put these into production and I believe sales would be insane. Do you ever make anything for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread