RBA HELP. Am I missing something with the whole RBA craze? Flavor is ok and having to re drip constantly is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceejay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
California
I look at RSST's, rda's, rba's, et al., the same way I look at The Beatles and Nirvana. While I never really dug them, I am fully aware of their importance and influence in the music world, and I appreciate them.

That being said, I've tried them, I get to "use" them on a daily basis (my friends'), I've gleaned enough information from them to confirm that they're just not my bag. They taste delicious and if you're a tinkerer and a researcher, it's right up your alley. But it's just not me. I'll stick to my tried and true carto tanks.

Don't know if you remember me but you gave me some advice on carto tanks. Tried them out, and found them inconsistent. I followed the tutorials for priming etc but eventually quit vaping. Came back to vaping recently and tried out rebuilding. Let's just say I wish I started rebuilding a long time ago. :p

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I think carto tanks take just as much research to use properly as RBAs.. you just don't need to focus on math at all with that research. I mean the physics can be broken down with carto's, but that' not necessary.:) I've stuck with carto tanks as primary ROA, but it took a lot of trial and error. RBAs weren't as drawn out in figuring out what works well..

jarobins85

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I had the same issues as you I thought it was the airhole I thought it was my wick I thought it was the juice but in the end it was me lol. I got some tips from some IGO-L pro (JonnyB88) he told me that the way the wick is aligned to airhole can make a significant difference "the height of the coil in relation to the air hole is also significant.
If you can, push the coil down lower and it might smooth it out. Higher the coil, the harsher the hit." and this proved to be very true. Also using lower nic juices helps a lot too, I'm using a 6mg at this point and I'm thinking about going all the way down to no nic at all in the future. I personally use a 5wrap setup with normal cotton balls and I'm geting about 1.7ohms on average and the flavor is absolutely awesome! So good that I can't even vape on my Mini protank2 because to me it's just a pile of fail cause I'm getting the same flavor as the IGO LOL.
That's just my lil tid bit on all this.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Getting 28g up to 1.5ohm means a lot of wire, too much wire for standard battery voltage. You are going to need a vv/vw device to properly fire that build, as your power-to-surface area ratio is way off. Too much surface area, not enough power, means too cold a coil. Resistance is NOT the most important factor here, it's surface area vs power available. Too much power for the surface area, you burn juice. Not enough, you don't vaporize properly.

If you are going to be using this on an eGo battery, stick with 32g. It will heat up much quicker for the same resistance as a thicker wire. I suspect your coil is just never reaching optimum temperature, which accounts for the lack of flavor.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but as others mentioned the wick looks a bit choked. Getting that sorted will improve your vape a bit, but the main issue I see here is the wrong wire for your setup.

If people don't think RDAs give superior flavor, they have just never tried a properly built one. If I suck at driving, and do a slow lap in a supercar, that doesn't mean the car is crap, it means I'm a crap driver ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread