The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RBA newbie Kanger Mini Top Tank

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by chellie, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I think this ^^^ pretty much it up when it comes to Building Coils.

For me, and the type of Hit I want, a 3mm ID Coil of 26ga SS (or 28ga NiChrome 80) is a Great Build on a STM/TTM.

And something like these...

$2.20 Authentic MKWS 316 Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (50-Pack) - 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.32ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$3.26 Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (100-Pack) - 29 AWG / 0.3mm dia. / 1.1ohm / 12*12mm leads / 5 loops at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or these.

... work Great!

But I'm a Card Carrying Flavor Chaser who Vapes at Relative Low Wattage on a Single Coil RTA. But the person Next to me might be More into Clouds and Higher Wattages. Or a Balance of Flavor and Clouds. Or who knows what?

So the Only way to know what is Best is to do what you Suggested. And to Try different Gauges and Wire Types.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Kbee has really good spools of wire and also sell variety packs like the Kanthal bundles here.

Kanthal A1 multi-packs

4 - 100 ft spools, 1 each 24, 26, 28, 30 gauge for $11. Or 7 spool set for $16. Inexpensive and lots to try out.

They also sell on ebay. Ship fast too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I rec'd the RBA from FastTech - authentic Kanger but it is the one with the smaller holes. I may try to find one with the larger holes. I am now ordering wire and will let you know how it goes. Happy Holidays!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The small hole is on all the new Kanger RBAs so kind of hard to find the large hole ones. The small hole one seems to work pretty good though but I do prefer the larger hole.

These are clone RBAs that fastech has for couple $. They have the large hole and are surprisingly well made. You could always get one and use the authentic base and use the shell from the clone. I did that for 5 of the small hole rbas.

$2.04 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Plus Coil Head for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    These are the authentic RBA at fasttech. But it is a crap shoot on the hole size. Out of the 8 that I ordered a few months back. 3 had the large hole and 5 were the small hole. You will probably get small hole if ordered.

$5.30 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini RBA Plus Coil Head - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This glass will also fit the tanktop and give more juice capacity and a different look as it is bubble glass. Definitely easier to remove than the straight glass for cleaning

$1.73 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Cleito Clearomizer - authentic / 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks. Did the RBA piece come with the larger holes or the smaller ones?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Both came with the large hole RBA

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Here is a picture of the last one I got from him. along with a picture of the RBA that came with it. It is the Version of the tanktop with the v1 airiflow and the v2 rba.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks. I always like to have an extra tank so I will order it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Looks like he's out of the SS color if that is the one you wanted. But he usually gets more every week or so. Still has the red white and black. But he charges $2 for the black for some reason

• Like Like x 2
  14. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I looked and saw that. I wrote to him to see when he will get more in. I want the silver. I guess the black would look OK with the silver but I prefer silver. Good deal tho --thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    More help/opinions please ---

I have an OHM meter - a small Eleaf one - but I just realized it is one of the old ones for like the egos --where you tested the ego battery on the V side and the atomizer on the Q side. I have an adapter piece for the atomizer side and am able to screw in my tanks.

Is that OK to do?

Do you think it is OK and fairly accurate even with the adapter "thingy"? It seems accurate to me but I just wanted to double check

For the Kanger top tank mini the display says my coil is .66 and the eleaf measured the same. So that is spot on.

For the Kanger Mini C and on the display it says the coil is .55 - when I test it in the eleaf it is .63

Should I just spring for a new one or is this one OK?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Get another Reader but that is probably ok. It isn't usually advised but a regulated mod can be used for building coils and dry burning.

Something like the coil master tab 521 is a good reader. Uses a 18650 battery and also allows dry burn of coil.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I never even thought of using another mod --good for temp measure. Well I am going to use the old reader but just temporarily. I was looking at the coil master kits -- really nice but I do not need the whole kit so I will look around for one of the newer ones at a good price. The one you mentioned was the one I looked at. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  18. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I was waiting till I had more stuff for my next FastTech order and just ordered. I saw your review for the RBA so I ordered that one - hoping it comes with the larger holes. Right now I have pre-built coils so until the wire and stuff comes I am going to give it a go with the pre-built. Thanks for all the assistance and education.

• Like Like x 1
  19. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I ordered some wire - still waiting for it . I also ordered premade coils and they came they are 24 AWG Kanthal A1 and they have 6 wraps so I am going to try it... thanks

• Like Like x 2
  20. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The ebay guy has the stainless tanks back in stock....Currently listed at $19.88

• Like Like x 2