The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RBA newbie Kanger Mini Top Tank

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by chellie, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks. I got to tell you I realized I have an extra tank so I am glad he was out of the silver last time. I bought the top tank kit and then I purchased the subvod - which came with a top tank so I have 2 top tanks. I realized this because I was going through my vape bin to give some of my old stuff to someone that wants to start vaping and I realized I have a brand new top tank.

Meantime I assembled my own coil kit in a cool box I have with --wire cutters, coilers, some pre-made coils, ohm reader, baby screwdrivers, cotton, rba bases, ceramic tweezers so I think I am just about ready to go. Going to try the pre-mades Saturday and just waiting for the wire I ordered.

• Like Like x 3
  2. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Rec'd my fasttech order - the second RBA deck I ordered came with the larger holes. Yay. So I have the original with the small holes and this other one with the large ones.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I've been using the 24 with 6 wraps with a 2.5 core but am coming in .41. Flavor is great but it is a little lower than what I want. I am counting each full wrap as 1 each and the 2 on each end as 1 together.

Is that right?

I'd like to get the resistance in the .5 to .67 range if possible.

Any more advice?

• Like Like x 1
  4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    For me, I like 26ga, ramps up/cools off quicker.
    2.5-3mm, 7 wraps...around .8ohm

7 wraps of 24ga should get you close to .6ohm
    upload_2018-3-1_18-46-10.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Count the top wraps. Coil legs down, number of wraps showing on top. I just made a Kanthal 24 AWG 6 wraps. Here are photos. Hope they show what you are looking for. I don't really use Kanthal any more, I just made this to show the wraps.

[​IMG]

Fuzzy sorry but you can see 6 wraps with legs down.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Thanks. Pic helps a lot. I will try again. I think I need one more wrap. Just lost one of the chimney screws.....on the extra so I will wait till the other one needs a change.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If you lost them inside. Just drag a strong magnet around in the area lost. They are magnetic. Have found them after losing them in carpet that way many times

• Like Like x 3
  8. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    OK I just tried again - 6 wraps and it is coming in .41 - I counted from the top. I have 2 rba's - authentic Kanger and not authentic. I was using the non because it has the larger air holes. The premade coil it came with was fine.

Now I took the coil I made and tried it in both and on the kanger and it is at .41. *&&*****

So I tried again and I got it at .55 to me it is 7 wraps if I count from the top but 5 plus the 2 1/2 ends is 6?. I should take it off and try on the non-authentic but I am not. It's perfect - great taste - not leaking -- fingers crossed!

I'm thrilled I got one and will keep trying. I did space this one a bit....if that makes a difference.

Another one came out at .67 which I really like so I will keep practicing.

Thanks for all the help

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    No need to mess with it if you like the coil....Enjoy it

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I have 24 and 26 so I will try your suggestions.

• Like Like x 3
  11. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Happy Easter all - wanted to post a follow-up.

I figured out what the problem was.

One of my airflow connector pieces is bad.

That is why I was getting different resistance reads.

• Like Like x 2
  12. chellie

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I had to look this up and glad I found it. I am going to order the 5ml replacement - 4 is just not cutting it --I am like constantly refilling. Thanks for the links.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.