RBA Options(I think I'm ready)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneylandx

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Loiusiana
Got me a Provari not long ago and finally feel I have enough experience in the vaping world to jump into the rebuildable atty market. Really the only thing that turned me off was the high price of some of the more popular units. Seems like these are quickly becoming the future and the price has really dropped. Several different options out there for around 30 bucks. Does anyone have any experience or recomendations for a good, fairly cheap, rba to start with? Gotvapes has the below units which must be fairly new.

1) Birkshire
2) Monster Mesh
3) Fahnrenheit
4) Eternity

qccraig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Disneylandx:

I really enjoy my DID from MMVapor. I paid a chunk of change for it, but it is so much better built as compared to many of the clones on the market. I use it everyday sometimes all day. I also have a Phoenix that I picked up from a store and an A7 that I bought from Empire mods. I use them for dripping. The A7 is better than the Phoenix. The Phoenix has plastic inside that will melt if the coil makes contact and the center pin on the Phoenix has some issues with moving and not making contact with the device.

So far the A7 is holding up nice and it also works with bottom feeders. I don't use silica wicks anymore, I like the taste and durability of SS wicks. The nice thing about RBAs is they cost nothing to rebuild and if you don't like the setup, change it till you find something that works better.

All that said, the $100 you spend on a DID and the 3 week wait in my opinion is worth the money. Basically, it is bullet proof and it works well on the Provari (I have one). You can get an A7 for less than $30. There's also Markbugs.com that sells the Chalice II, but they've been out of stock, seems like forever. There's a plethora of videos on rebuildables: Take some time to watch them and read the reviews.

CraigW

bubbajoe72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
Big D, Texas
Check the Rebuildable Atomizer Systems subforum for reviews and tips.

The ones listed also go by the following names:
- Birkshire = AGA Hydra (not to be confused with the AGA-T Tiamat)
- Monster Mesh - DUD
- Farenheit - A3, Wyvern
- Eternity - Vision Eternity

I have the Monster Mesh/DUD which is a RBA Tank and the Farenheit/A3 Wyvern which is more of a dripping RBA. Both are fairly easy to set up but the Monster Mesh comes with a stainless steel mesh wick whereas the others come with silica wicks.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
The ones listed also go by the following names:
- Birkshire = AGA Hydra (not to be confused with the AGA-T Tiamat)
- Monster Mesh - DUD
- Farenheit - A3, Wyvern
- Eternity - Vision Eternity

whereas the others come with silica wicks.

Birkshire can be an either silica or mesh set-up..all geney type attys can be used with silica wick really easy

Lbox88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
West Michigan
I'm just starting out with RBA's also, I went with the $25 Griffin from Discount vapers since it comes as a kit with the allen key, mesh, and Kanthal. Watch the product video and you should be able to make a decent first wick/coil that may still need some tweakiing. Good luck!

IMG_20121030_222355_707.jpg

Byten

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
USA
Just keep in mind gotvapes makes up their own names for pretty much everything they sell. They are in fact the exact same thing other sites are carrying. Be sure to browse the "#500 SS mesh" thread, there is a ton of very good info there but it is a VERY long thread.

Personally, I'm waiting on a Tiamat in the mail but the "DUD"(Chinese clone of the DID) was a very close second place for me. btw Kanthal A1 28 AWG is on ebay right now, has been hard to find lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread