Ready for something bigger/stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashabrown

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2012
Minnesota
I've been using a 650 ego and a few 1000mah ego-c's for a year now and Im ready for something more powerful and bigger! I'm leaning towards a Bolt or a Provari...I want something that's fairly simple to operate and I'd like to have a variable voltage option. Any suggestions on something that's a fairly reasonable price that has minimal risk of having technical issues?

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I think the bolt is fixed voltage. When I was looking into other PV's the Vamo & Zmax looked like good options. I looked into the evic but it just seemed really gimmicky in my personal opinion. I hate plugging my phone into the computer so I didn't want the hassle of plugging my pv in for updates but many people don't mind. I went with the Provari in the end. If you have the cash Provari is my recommendation. It's solid easy to use & it just plain works! The warranty & option to send in for repairs was also a major selling point for me as well. You'll get several recommendations but be sure to do the research for yourself too!

cleveland

Dec 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Many pvs have same features, where build quality becomes differential.

Provari > all, IMO & I know many others will stand behind me on that.

With the included 1 year warranty, option to purchase second year available, high quality device hands down.

If you're not set yet make sure to check out YouTube reviews with high hits for provari, comparisons etc!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but depending on how much you want to spend . There is a large choice of options for you to consider . While the Bolt ( fairly cheap ) , or the Provari ( kinda pricey ) there are also some other devices you might want to take a look at . These have VV , as well as VW , where the Provari , is only VV . Look at the Vamo ( around 40.00 ) stateside , or I just got one today from China , for 29.95 . It's SS and took less than two weeks for shipping . Also take a look at the Zmax . There is a Smok version , and a Segelei version ( ihave both , but prefer the Segelei ) . And now there is even a telescoping Zmax . The regular one is around 60.00 and the newest telescoping is around 75.00 . So lots of choices out there to consider . Good Luck , with your decision .

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you can swing the initial price of a Provari setup, it will be a great investment for the long term. Their durability, consistancy, and customer service is legendary. Even after the warranty is up, Provape will continue to service your Provari for as long as you own it for the cost of parts. None of the Chinese origin mods can offer that service.

Slightly blemished Provari's are available in the clearance section for $140. Clearance

polarcub

Apr 6, 2013
menifee, CA
All of the above recomendations are solid for sure...I ended going with the evic in the end and love it. I was a little concerned with the ability to plug into the computer but in the end its a non factor. The one feature I absolutely love since I travel quite a bit is having the ability to vape and charge at the same time. Most pass through features/mods only allow you to do one or the other. You can still get a second battery to swap but as of yet I have not seen a need to. For the cost i feel that the evic is a great choice. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

fourtwizzy

Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
southern connecticut
All of the above recomendations are solid for sure...I ended going with the evic in the end and love it. I was a little concerned with the ability to plug into the computer but in the end its a non factor. The one feature I absolutely love since I travel quite a bit is having the ability to vape and charge at the same time. Most pass through features/mods only allow you to do one or the other. You can still get a second battery to swap but as of yet I have not seen a need to. For the cost i feel that the evic is a great choice. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I too got an evic and I love it. Put a nice carto-tank setup on there and I've been happy ever since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread