RDA or RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Hello all...
I'm planning to give coil building a try and was going to get an rba for the tvf8 baby but then someone suggested that it's better to get an rda instead.
So i want your opinion on this.
Should i get an rda or RDTA?
And also tell me which one to get in whichever category you suggest.
I like clouds and like to vape subohm.
Also i think I'm gonna stick with kanthal 24 or 26g for now if that affects your suggestions somehow.
I have an al85 and i plan to use whatever i get with that mod.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions guys. :)

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Both. Or get a RDA/RDTA.
For RDTA I like the Ijoy 5 and VV Perseus. There are alot out there!
RDA, Kennedy, Icon, Pulse 22 (single coil)
Then there are RTA's, Kylin, Ammult, Serpent, etc.
But if you're beginning you can pick up a Twisted Messes RDA pretty cheap. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cf11

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
If you really want to try a tank go ahead and get you one. The reason I say that is once you get an dripper or a squonker that tank will be be in the "I remember that box". It's just alot less hassle, less issues, better vape, more build options, more compact, oh I could go on. Can you tell, I never warmed up to the tanks.

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
If you really want to try a tank go ahead and get you one. The reason I say that is once you get an dripper or a squonker that tank will be be in the "I remember that box". It's just alot less hassle, less issues, better vape, more build options, more compact, oh I could go on. Can you tell, I never warmed up to the tanks.
I'm sorry i don't get what you're saying here.
Do you mean an RTA when you say tank?
So you're suggesting i should go for a good RDA?

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Both. Or get a RDA/RDTA.
For RDTA I like the Ijoy 5 and VV Perseus. There are alot out there!
RDA, Kennedy, Icon, Pulse 22 (single coil)
Then there are RTA's, Kylin, Ammult, Serpent, etc.
But if you're beginning you can pick up a Twisted Messes RDA pretty cheap. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
You're giving me too many options :p . That's why i posted this in the first place, got confused with all the options.
Can't seem to find the twisted messes on Fasttech.

Reactions: Eskie

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I'm sorry i don't get what you're saying here.
Do you mean an RTA when you say tank?
So you're suggesting i should go for a good RDA?

Sorry for the confusion is early for me. Yes the RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) is a tank. You know not everyone drinks the same cup of tea, at least for me the RTAs just didn't fit my lifestyle too many things had to be perfect for it to work. If you are set on a tank IMHO a squoker device with a bottom fed atty is a better option. I use both squokers and drippers depending on my mood or what I'm doing. I have several devices but just got this one and for a starter I think is a great option.
$54.87 Authentic Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker VW TC Box Mod Kit (Black) - 1-80W / 200-600'F / 1*18650 / 5ml juice reservoir at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: Tonee N

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Sorry for the confusion is early for me. Yes the RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) is a tank. You know not everyone drinks the same cup of tea, at least for me the RTAs just didn't fit my lifestyle too many things had to be perfect for it to work. If you are set on a tank IMHO a squoker device with a bottom fed atty is a better option. I use both squokers and drippers depending on my mood or what I'm doing. I have several devices but just got this one and for a starter I think is a great option.
$54.87 Authentic Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker VW TC Box Mod Kit (Black) - 1-80W / 200-600'F / 1*18650 / 5ml juice reservoir at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Yeh i feel the same way about rtas.

I was leaning more towards RDA as well.
Any good recommendations for that? Also i wanna keep it under 30usd if that shortens the list.

johnkat

Apr 26, 2017
I use a Geekvape Avocado RTA for when I'm out and about / driving / don't want to be dripping for whatever reason.
I use a Geekvape Tsunami 24 RDA when i'm home, chilling, and when I have no issues with dripping.

These are not my only atomisers but my favourites and co-incidentally the easiest to build on.

Good luck with your search :)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Best ever is an Odin by lokilab don't know if FT has a clone or not. Lokilabs has closed due to new regulations if you find a used one scoop it up. Clones of the thumper, hobo, and kennedy are good choices in your range. Something new on the market in the squonker line is this one I'm going to order today is this one.
Pulse 22 BF RDA - VANDY VAPE

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
For your information, The smok baby has a rebuildable deck option so you can use coils for convenience or if you decide building is not for you.

I use a Geekvape Avocado RTA for when I'm out and about / driving / don't want to be dripping for whatever reason.
I use a Geekvape Tsunami 24 RDA when i'm home, chilling, and when I have no issues with dripping.

These are not my only atomisers but my favourites and co-incidentally the easiest to build on.

Good luck with your search :)
Yes I'm aware of the rba as you can see i also mentioned it in the post. But I've heard bad things about it and after my fasttech order for the rba got canceled i decided to get an rda, rta or rdta instead.

Everyone seems to be loving all the geekvape products. I'll sure give em a look.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

johnkat

Apr 26, 2017
Yes I'm aware of the rba as you can see i also mentioned it in the post. But I've heard bad things about it and after my fasttech order for the rba got canceled i decided to get an rda, rta or rdta instead.

Everyone seems to be loving all the geekvape products. I'll sure give em a look.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Haha Cf11 you picked up on my message before I edited that out ... There are issues with the baby rba because the chimney size was changed, in europe, to comply with TPD TRPR regulations and the old RBA's didn't fit - however I have one and they're not bad at all I have to say - However there is no comparison to the Geekvape items I mentioned.

Again, Good luck :)

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Best ever is an Odin by lokilab don't know if FT has a clone or not. Lokilabs has closed due to new regulations if you find a used one scoop it up. Clones of the thumper, hobo, and kennedy are good choices in your range. Something new on the market in the squonker line is this one I'm going to order today is this one.
Pulse 22 BF RDA - VANDY VAPE

Will give odin a look. Thanks :)

I'm not really a fan of squonkers myself. I get why they can be better than the rdtas but it's not for me.
But good luck with the one you ordered, hope it turns out good. :)

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If you get a good tank, you absolutely do NOT need an RDA....

The only reason I use RDAs is because I DIY and use them to test the flavours, so I need something that I can switch the flavour to another one after a few puffs.

There's lots and lots of good RTAs and such now that provides excellent airlflow, and so on that used to be limited to RDAs only.... it's no longer the case, regardless of what a RDA fan might tell you.

Not to say that RDAs are bad mind you, but using one means that you must keep your eye on it to prevent getting dry hits, you have to keep filling it, they will leak if you hold them wrong, you should NEVER drive while using one... just a few example of things to consider.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Kindbright Goon Copper 24mm RDA Atomizer w/ Wide Bore Drip Tip
IMG_20170322_171804_551.JPG

Plenty of room to build :)

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
If you get a good tank, you absolutely do NOT need an RDA....

The only reason I use RDAs is because I DIY and use them to test the flavours, so I need something that I can switch the flavour to another one after a few puffs.

There's lots and lots of good RTAs and such now that provides excellent airlflow, and so on that used to be limited to RDAs only.... it's no longer the case, regardless of what a RDA fan might tell you.

Not to say that RDAs are bad mind you, but using one means that you must keep your eye on it to prevent getting dry hits, you have to keep filling it, they will leak if you hold them wrong, you should NEVER drive while using one... just a few example of things to consider.
Actually that's one of the reasons i was leaning towards an rda. To try different flavors from diy.
Anyway thanks for your input :)

Reactions: Eskie

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I've heard that there are problems with the plates that hold the wires in the goon. They bend very easily when screwing them down and might even break.
Any thoughts?
Well we have a total of four goon clones, all from 3f, not a single problem. Two of them we got at Christmas, are used daily. The other two are in rotation. Depending on which mod I want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread