Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfntm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ozark, AL
Hey All.

New to the forum, I have been browsing but can't find what I'm looking for. If you could post some links for me to answer my questions or answer them here that would be great!

ok let's start,

I am looking at getting a mech mod and a Provari and another vv device. I'm also lookin gay getting some rba/rda atomizers, hh357 atomizers, and some other style tanks. I guess you can say I have become a hobiest-ish vaper.

Now ow the questions I have are as follows:

- for an rba/rda I know that you can make it to the ohms that you want so that I can smoke it on the Provari which has a 1.5 ish limit if I'm not mistaken. With that being said, what would I d to get that ohm range for the Provari and what would I do to get that "sub-ohm" smoke for a mech mod?

- for a mech mod, how do you determine that the battery you are going to be using is safe to use with that 0.5-1.5 range rba/Rda? And also how does a kick factor in with this aspect if I choose to use a kick for the wattage variable vape.

Any information you vets in the vape community can thro this infant vaper would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!!

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
If you want to get similar performance to a sub-ohm, and still have it fire in a VV/VW, look into micro-coils.

Batteries: Most people here are just going to cut to the chase and recommend safe-chemistry high-drain IMR batteries.

Here are useful links I've accumulated:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html
www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blo...-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html
https://www.commonsenserc.com/page.php?page=c_ratings_explained.html
Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide
Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Have fun and be safe.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Mods

Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide

Advice & Tips for a New RBA User

Provape recommends using only AW IMR button top batteries for the Provari, so that's already figured out for you.

For an 18650 battery mechanical mod that will be doing sub-ohm coils on an RBA/RDA, you'll need one of the following IMR batteries (in bold type) that has a continuous discharge rating of at least 20 amps:

AW IMR
18650 2000mah 10Amp CDR
18650 1600mah 24A

Samsung hybrid (LiNiCoMnP)
INR18650-20R 2000mah 22A

MNKE IMR
IMR18650 1500mah 20A

Panasonic ​or Orbtronic hybrid
CGR18650CH (IMR/Li Ion hybrid) 2250mAh 10A
NCR18650PD (LiNiCoAl) 2900mAh 10A

Efest IMR
18650 2000mah 10A
18650 1600mAh 30A

Sony
us18650vct3 1600mAh 30A
us18650v3 IMR 2250mAh 10A

I will say here, since you are a novice, I strongly suggest you not do sub-ohms until you have had consistant success using standard resistance coils first. Sub-ohms brings you into a grey area of safety/risk until you know exactly what you are doing. There's a lot to learn before even attempting your first wick/coil with a rebuildable. Much of the information is in the above links. Study, research, watch video demonstrations, then when you feel you are ready, take the plunge.

Last edited:

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
Totally agree with Baditude, we have been here so many times before, i would not recommend you to jump straight to mechs and coils etc. There is a hell of a learning curve involved, I was told decades ago not to run before i could walk, sound advice.

Do the research, learn and absorb, and enjoy your vaping along the way, theres always tomorrow.

My appolgies if you are not a novice but your questions lead us to believe you are a new vaper.

Skyfntm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ozark, AL
I have been vaping for a year now. That's one year without a smoke and I absolutely love to vape. I have progressed from the ego to an itazte vv which I love. Now I'm moving into a Provari and mech mods. I usually run a carto tank just because am a firefighter and it's not that hard to drop the whole unit in my pocket. And dripping at the station isn't fees able. Now I have quit dipping and the itazte just doesn't have the battery to supplement how much I vape. I go through a 3ml tank in 8 hours. These novice questions have been the questions that I have not been able to get the answers to in my research.

Thank you all for the links and the information. Any other information that you think would be related to my questions please post them.

Also I don't plan on going sub-ohm. I just like to know all aspects of everything before I attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread