RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The worst top-airflow face burner was the Vector by VLS. Flat out dangerous for purging! I accidentally did it once... kinda. That only needed to happen once! And not for more than a split second.

But to your point, if you do purge, the Athena will get you too. Not like the Vector, but it will get you.
authentic_vector_rda_rebuildable_atomizer_by_vls-08_2.jpg

I think if an rda can easily burn your face with an intentional or accidental purge, it's a design flaw... Especially when it's RDAs meant for high power.

I never understood the appeal of the Vector or most top air drippers. I only ever got decent at best flavor from it/them.

ETA:. I know people loved their ability to be damn near leak proof but I don't like sacrificing performance for functionality.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Really good rda right there. But I am actually liking my GeekVape Athena more, though it's a tad loud on the open draw. Still... good vaping!
The Athena kit was on my buy list for a while but I'm currently running a Therion BF with a Psyclone Mods Kryten, a Pulse with a Dead Rabbit, a Steam Rabbit with a first gen Peerless and a Driptech-DS with a Goon 1.5 so I figured four squonkers was enough for now. I'm pretty happy with my current rotation but I've still got my eye on the Drop. If he releases an all black or SS version, I'm in.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The Athena kit was on my buy list for a while but I'm currently running a Therion BF with a Psyclone Mods Kryten, a Pulse with a Dead Rabbit, a Steam Rabbit with a first gen Peerless and a Driptech-DS with a Goon 1.5 so I figured four squonkers was enough for now. I'm pretty happy with my current rotation but I've still got my eye on the Drop. If he releases an all black or SS version, I'm in.
I don't remember if I read it somewhere or I saw it in a video but supposedly more color variations of the Drop are coming. I don't mind the black/SS mix I just really hate that Drop is printed on the side. It looks kind of... tacky. I do really enjoy the performance, though.

Reactions: Tralfaz

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The worst top-airflow face burner was the Vector by VLS. Flat out dangerous for purging! I accidentally did it once... kinda. That only needed to happen once! And not for more than a split second.

But to your point, if you do purge, the Athena will get you too. Not like the Vector, but it will get you.

I think if an RDA can easily burn your face with an intentional or accidental purge, it's a design flaw... Especially when it's RDAs meant for high power.

The top air only RDA's I use sometimes these days: VapourArt GP Dripper Pro's (22mm). They come with an accessory squonk pin, and both the DT and 510 adapter have spit-back shields. I use the adapter and wide bore Syner's in mine.

gpdp1.jpg

gpdp2.jpg

gpdp-pico.jpg

p67gpdp.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I was disappointed to see Synervape is no longer selling his DTs.
One of my favorite DTs.

They are some of my favorite DT's as well. Michael was great to talk to, and I always got quality workmanship for a way more than fair price. He didn't even charge me extra for some 'special ones'. Luckily I bought what I thought would be a lifetime supply of them (IIRC around 25... I should have bought more). All of them are still on the atty's/mods they were bought for even though many of them are just backup gear now days with way too much gear in hand.

Brian was the same at DTD, made me a lot of fancy custom DT's way back in my tube mod days.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Phew that was a long thread!

I'm all caught up and I have to say it was a good read.

Still loving my DotMod 22mm's and will probably pick up at least one more.

Not much talk here regarding the DotMod 24mm single post? I held one in my local B&M and wasn't at all sure about it.

I like to drip straight through the drip tip and the center post seems to be the worst possible location for dripping, and I'd also worry about it blocking the airflow.

Still I'd love to hear from people that had tried it.

I also tried an Entheon RDA at the same B&M and I have to say the flavour was fantastic - think this will be my next purchase.

Last edited:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Any thoughts about the SXK E-Phoenix Resurrection v2 22.5mm?

$9.99 at 3F, I was going to pick one up for my Pico Squeeze but I thought there was a flaw that kept me from buying it a while back. Let me see if I can find the reason. Edit: The air slots are at angle and there were complaints about spitting at your face. This would probably be similar to the top airflow issues in the above posts. I love the look of it though!

ff08eff663ac73a6e2240bab0f327b32.jpg
b109fa02307db0a7d40bd55bde699240.jpg
a91e19821770842b47d207142bb01357.jpg
Not to be a douche and someone had to actually mention it to me as i was mentioning a clone and was called out on it this thread is for discussion on authentic RDAs. If you want to message me I'll be glad to discuss it further

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Not to be a douche and someone had to actually mention it to me as i was mentioning a clone and was called out on it this thread is for discussion on authentic RDAs. If you want to message me I'll be glad to discuss it further
Noted! Well the three post authentic was rated even worse. If you can please edit your post and remove the quote I will edit mine. Thanks for the heads up.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

I have had this for almost a week and I am starting to warm up to it.... I was struggling to get a perfect build for a single battery squonk. The included coils ohm out to a .1-.12 but are a 4core wire so have a ton of mass. I switched a couple builds around and messes with coil placement and I think after seeing fiddling Im Getting outstanding flavor. It's got a lot it room for cotton and juice and after your first build is quite easy to build on. If anyone has any questions please pm me

Reactions: Fozzy71

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Picked up the B2K Caviar Edition and I must say for $60 it's the best packaged RDA I have ever gotten. It comes with 4 different top caps, 8 drip tips, 4 beauty rings and some other stuff it's crazy. Not to mention it's an excellent vape. If you can afford it it comes with $60 in spares easily and it's a pretty killer flavor atty to boot
I've been really interested in this and wondering how it's working for you?

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I've been really interested in this and wondering how it's working for you?
It's an excellent little single coil banger honestly I can't really find fault with it. Good flavor check, not easy to oversquonk check, tons of extras and spares check, looks clean check ..... I can't recommend it enough

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Me too! I am nudging someone here for some info. LOL
If your thinking of the nudge it's actually got really decent performance. At first I was a little apprehensive but after your first build it's easy to build on, it's hard to oversquonk,looks pretty damn sexy and the airflow is plentiful and smooth. Almost too plentiful as I prefer mine about halfway closed off.

Anyways I hope this helps and happy New year

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
It's an excellent little single coil banger honestly I can't really find fault with it. Good flavor check, not easy to oversquonk check, tons of extras and spares check, looks clean check ..... I can't recommend it enough
thank you! really appreciate it

Reactions: Sed8op8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread