Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I feel like this H, FOR QUALITY you are going to pay a bit more. The Production by flawless DOES NOT come close to the QUALITY of the Tug as an example. I have seen the Hobo 3.1 around $80 and to me that is fair. If you factor in a discount code you may get it for cheaper. Im not rich and I would love these drippers to cost $45 but I also dont think thats really fair to expect from an American doing it themselves.
I never said I expected anything from anyone. Fact is it's a plain rda at a high price, bottom line. That and the whole American thing isn't really a great argument to start with, there's plenty of great cheaper attys that still have great quality produced from the US. So that's not an excuse.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
I shelled out the money for a Stumpy and I could NOT be happier, it instantly was filled with my ADV and put on an authentic Rig to live for now. My buddy also got an authentic Hobo v3.1 from some shop outside Detroit and I am here for the weekend, he let me build the Hobo how I like and use it all yesterday and today, I think it breaks down like butter and the flavor is NOT as good as the Stumpy BUT it is close. He paid $100 BUT bought it local in a B&M. Overall I think the Hobo 3.1 is an awesome piece BUT it is not as good as the Stumpy IMO. I had the same build and juice in them both last night and I must say I like the Stumpy more. The 3.1 is no slouch but due to me already having a Stumpy I probally wont purchase another short stature attie for a while. I have my Petri coming, bought a Hastur and RH and just got my Stumpy haha. Im going to need another mod, possibly my friends authentic Dotmod.

Im not farmilar with all these cheap American authentics, sorry, hard to keep up with all these atties haha. All atties are pretty simple IMO, I was speaking about me. I dont mind paying $80 for a high quality American made RDA. I would love for them to be $40 cheaper but I dont personally see it happening, $80 is a pretty fair as well as expected price IN MY OPINION for a high quality RDA like the Hobo 3.1. And a fact, not an opinon IS that there are drippers just as simple for more if not the same price.

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I meant, do you have the 2x three holes or 2x slots or one slot and three holes. I am still trying to figure this out becasue I see a few different versions (yet all are V2s). I have 2x three holes but I want the 2x slots.

It's 2x three hole. Didn't know there was a slot version.

When I recommended that build I was still using spaced microcoils and 28ga. I have sense changed to 27ga around a roughly 2mm mandrel. I can't believe how well it works with NETs. No real loss of flavor and minimal gunking even with darker liquids like GJ4 and count caramel. Credit to MFtoms for recommending the 2mm size.

Glad you're enjoying the manta! I removed the bottom o ring from my cap and it's a little easier to remove but still a pain!

I have to admit though, The Stumpy has replaced the Manta as my favorite atty. Similar flavor, but I like the low profile of the Stumpy and the fact that I can slap a single coil right between the two posts.

I have MVJ's Seattle Pipe Clubs Seattle Evening Pipe Tobacco in it. Wonderful flavor. Equal to Vector and Marquis. I'll try the 2mm next. Don't have any 27ga but, I'm finding I'm liking 26ga more and more. I can't do the shorties even though the Bambino is the only one I've tried.

Thanks for the further suggestions.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
I have MVJ's Seattle Pipe Clubs Seattle Evening Pipe Tobacco in it. Wonderful flavor. Equal to Vector and Marquis. I'll try the 2mm next. Don't have any 27ga but, I'm finding I'm liking 26ga more and more. I can't do the shorties even though the Bambino is the only one I've tried.

Thanks for the further suggestions.

26ga may be better... Haven't tried it yet. Just used 27ga because it happened to be handy at the time.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
J, the Stumpy is really something else. The flavor is the best I have EVER had. Think SC Tug but amplified A LOT. It has better flavor then the Revolt but not by a lot and I like the Revolt better cause quality AND I know the CEO. It really is a close call between the Stumpy and Revolt to me, they are both used daily and for a good portion of the day. I will not use my Hastur anymore since getting the Stumpy and I actually gave it away. The Stumpy is amazing.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
@HeiSINberg - just saw on Science of Vaping's Instagram that The Zenith is releasing next Friday.
You saw that too huh? Lol I was gonna post that pic but not many were interested so I didn't. Have you heard a price or anything yet?

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
You saw that too huh? Lol I was gonna post that pic but not many were interested so I didn't. Have you heard a price or anything yet?

Nah, I went to SOV's site hoping that they would've had it listed for pre-order or at least had it listed under atomizers so I could see a price but... nada.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Im curious about that Thump attie, you ever end up getting a new attie yet H?
Other than the mako shorty I mentioned before no, and I only got that cause of my coupon I had. I had to stock up on juice this pay so I took it easy on my bank account lol. But like you I'm really interested in the thump myself.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Flipped over to Instagram to look at it. Interesting! RDA & tank.
Thanks For the skinny...
It's definitely worth a look, for people who like tanks of course. Which would be me since I don't like carrying drippers everywhere all the time. I like how the post has slots/holes in it and then the screw clamps down on it. I just hope it works good, there eclipse was around 80$ so I'm sure this will be around the same price.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
It's definitely worth a look, for people who like tanks of course. Which would be me since I don't like carrying drippers everywhere all the time. I like how the post has slots/holes in it and then the screw clamps down on it. I just hope it works good, there eclipse was around 80$ so I'm sure this will be around the same price.

That'd be a good price for me. After smoking menthol so for 45 years I always carry menthol around with me and hated dripping it. I got the Cthulu tank and really dig it. This could be another solution.

Reactions: HeiSINberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread