Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I wanna give a little update on the Goon, more so regarding the flavor. I'll take back what I said about the flavor being subpar. It's actually excellent and I'm rather impressed. It wasn't the rda that was producing a lack of flavor but the juices I was using. They were well reviewed budget juices which I let breathe for some time when I got them becasue they smelled funky and I attribute that to the lack of flavor, I have a few more bottles from the same company that I tested in known good flavor RDAS with the same result (Kennedy 24, Tugboat 24 and the Subzero Comp 24). I decided to give it another crack with some better juice and the flavor is everything it should be and more, on top of that I'm also getting excellent cloud production but that didn't change from before. If you're looking for an rda with excellent flavor, a unique build deck and good cloud production I can now recommend the goon.

I've been thinking about picking up a 24mm atty even though I have absolutely no need for one. Anyway, I noticed the negative post is screwed into the deck vs milled, is the post keyed into the deck? I'd be worried about it spinning if it was just screwed in?

I know this is an RDA thread but this Boreas is ....ing amazing

It's all good (IMO) I was just thinking the same thing last night as I was relaxing on the couch with my Avocado on top of the Panzer. A little variety in vape styles is a good thing, I was a straight bottom feeder for a while & then got turned off from the BS unobtainable nonsense from modders. Sure, I hunted for a while & got some nice fancy Italian boxes but I was burned out so I grabbed a tank for the first time in months. Wow, then I got a few more tanks & non squonk mods. Anyway, now I have a little of each & I think the beauty of this thread is that everyone here enjoys building, whether it's an RDA, RTA or BF it's all good. So while I'm feeling all lovey dovey I might as well say thanks to all of you in this thread for making me feel welcome. You'll cost me some money but I think I'll stick around :thumb:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
So I got my VO Distro Evolution last night and built her up this morning this time I used a simple single core SS316l clapton 26gx32g 8 wraps 3mm id I should have used kanthal or something with a higher resistance because I wanted To space the coils but there wasn't room. Anyways its reading at .3 and the vapor production is pretty stellar using the chuff top however I noticed it mutes the flavor quite a bit. Using the stock 510 or my own drip tip really kicked the flavor up a notch. With the quirky deck I'm able to just adjust my cotton almost like a rug across the bottom and drip like a mad woman through the drip tip. I am REALLY liking this RDA and can't wait to try a nice spaced build in it 8)

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hobo Re-do
Switched to a single coil 26ga 3mm .79 Ohms. Using only a single air hole it's a beautifully dense vape with smooth flavor. Warm. I think those who know this RDA are correct in that it prefers higher resistance. Again, this is with my home-made tobacco extract. Lower power seems to be preferable for most of them.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Well so much for getting the Drifter in this weekend. USPS saw to that. Gotta love ground shipping, the most worthless way to ship. But on another note, I'm glad everyone's enjoying there hobo 3.1's, always good to see hobo love!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Well so much for getting the Drifter in this weekend. USPS saw to that. Gotta love ground shipping, the most worthless way to ship. But on another note, I'm glad everyone's enjoying there hobo 3.1's, always good to see hobo love!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've had a tough few weeks with vape Mail too. I was hoping to get some flavorings today so I could do some mixing but no such luck.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Looks like some good stuff at Oasis Vapes.
You will want to buy on a Tuesday as their 40% coupon code is only active on that day of the week. To put their prices into perspective, I picked up 3 x 240ml = 720ml for $56.22 shipped. $56.22/ 720ml = 8¢/ml :eek: . That is right up there with DIY pricing...

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
So, I am waiting on the Hobo3.1 I ordered, tracking says Monday.

A few moments later I ordered 2 BF screws for the 3.1 from NarDa. The mail package arrived today, Saturday, and I opened it immediately. Opened package and there was absolutely nothing inside it. Zero, 0.

What is there to do? Help, please.

Last edited:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Sweet Little Sixteen Saturday Night

20160326_200407-001.jpg

Much better as bottom feed!

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
So, I am waiting on the Hobo3.1 I ordered, tracking says Monday.

A few moments later I ordered 2 BF screws for the 3.1 from NarDa. The mail package arrived today, Saturday, and I opened it immediately. Opened package and there was absolutely nothing inside it. Zero, 0.

What is there to do? Help, please.

If I remember correctly mine was in a small zip lock type bag and taped to the bubble rap

Reactions: 67Tele

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
Anyone know where I can grab a Hobo 3.1? Y'all killed Viper Vapes' stock :lol:

Got my tax return incoming on Monday and like the way you guys do things around here. Just have to figure out who gets my money. Def picking up a Hobo (if you can help!), a Goon and another 24mm atty. Or 3? :thumbs:

Got room for one more (enabler)?

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
If I remember correctly mine was in a small zip lock type bag and taped to the bubble rap

Yeah, so I carefully cut bag and turned mailer bag inside out and searched, nothing 0 there.

I;m wondering how to contact them, I can't even find their site, again.

Reactions: 67Tele

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Yeah, so I carefully cut bag and turned mailer bag inside out and searched, nothing 0 there.

I;m wondering how to contact them, I can't even find their site, again.

All is OK. They just got ahold of me and are sending more. Very good folks.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
But what about a Kennedy 24 with a slam cap and Fat Dragon widebore?

View attachment 542330
I have the slam cap & regular size cap. I've had the slam cap since the Kennedy 24 was released (prerelease version, only noticed it was shorter when I got my black K24) & I picked up a second Kennedy 24 when the prerelease/beta version deck's insulator blew out on me and I had to send it in to Kennedy. They sent me back a new deck for free. I'm going to get a couple of fat dragon tips for my 24's soon. But I think my point in this was to say there's a noticeable difference in flavor between the two caps. The slam cap gives better flavor while the regular sized cap gives a little less flavor but much more vapor.

Side note, update on the SOISZ24, the thing is an absolute beast. The atty is perfect for clouds and flavor & works perfectly as a hybrid with the mod. The deck is gigantic. If you have a Subzero mod, and want a new 24mm atty, I HIGHLY suggest it.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I have the slam cap & regular size cap. I've had the slam cap since the Kennedy 24 was released (prerelease version, only noticed it was shorter when I got my black K24) & I picked up a second Kennedy 24 when the prerelease/beta version deck's insulator blew out on me and I had to send it in to Kennedy. They sent me back a new deck for free. I'm going to get a couple of fat dragon tips for my 24's soon. But I think my point in this was to say there's a noticeable difference in flavor between the two caps. The slam cap gives better flavor while the regular sized cap gives a little less flavor but much more vapor.

Side note, update on the SOISZ24, the thing is an absolute beast. The atty is perfect for clouds and flavor & works perfectly as a hybrid with the mod. The deck is gigantic. If you have a Subzero mod, and want a new 24mm atty, I HIGHLY suggest it.
Have you had any problems with the o ring on the chuff cap of the sub 24? Mine is so tight to the point that if it's not juiced up I can not get the cuff on and even with juice it's quite difficult I've even had the o ring bunch up. I typically pop the chuff off to redrip. Aside from that this atty is amazing.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

That is awesome that made it with a real hybrid connection and they included a 510 adapter! I'd been wondering when someone was going to do it right again.

Reactions: HeiSINberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread