The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA suggestions

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Haps, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Haps

Haps Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Canada
    Been using a REO grand with a Reomizer 2 for quite a few years. Single coil 6 wraps of 30 at 1.4. Was the perfect recipe. I MTL and look for flavour not clouds.

About a year ago I had bought a coppervape to try something different. Bought an origin clone to build on. And as much as I liked the coppervape I could never get a good build working on the origin clone. Just can't get the flavour right.

Well the REO has now bit the bullet. It's repairable but being from Canada the cost of shipping some small replacement parts is quite expensive.

Would like to explore getting the coppervape up and running with a BF RDA that gives me what I need and am looking for suggestions on RDA's I should try out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm a Flavor Chaser. And run almost exclusively Single Coil RDA's

And for me, the NarDa (or the NarCa) is the Best flavor oriented RDA I have ever used with my CopperVape(s).

$8.05 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$7.97 NarCa Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 22mm diameter / 304 stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Note: Fasttech is on Holiday until the 22nd. And I'm sure they will have a Ton of Backlogged Orders to fill. So if you need something Quickly, going with Fasttech (or any other China Based company) might not be a good call.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Haps

Aug 22, 2013
    Canada
    I ordered one of those but it'll probably be awhile. A local shop shows that they have pulse 22 in stock so I may grab one after work .

• Like Like x 2
  4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I've never used a Pulse 22. But I have read Good Things about it.

If you do get one, let us know how You like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ve got a pulse 22 which I use on an elitar. It was designed specifically as a squonker so it has very little in the way of juice well. Other than that though it’s a great RDA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Just out of curiosity, what broke on the REO? I have a few spare parts for REOs...if I have what you need, I'll shoot it up to you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Haps

Aug 22, 2013
    Canada
    The positive contact .I don't think I'm a button masher .but after 4 years it broke . And the replacement is approx $40 shipped

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'll do it for $39. :lol:
    pm me an address....a regular letter to Canada can't be that hard, can it?

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Rex Everything

Rex Everything Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Tacoma
    the pulse is exactly what you don"t want....super airy, big chamber and power hungry

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    OK, buddy.... at the rate you're going, I think I set you up for the next 8 years. :lol: I threw in a new 510 pin as they can break sometimes. Cross your fingers, it should get there just fine.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    @Haps, well you are in Canada, have you seen the B2k.
    They have come out with a V4 I think thats what its up to now.
    It comes with 5 top caps, one being SS, and a mtl styled reducer.

I purchased the Caviar edition, my first post less deck, and then picked up additional gold plated decks (2), and 1 SS top cap.

I am more into restricted DL style, but that included mtl air restriction may be a good start for a single coil, small chamber, true MTL bottom feed RDA.

Check Hazetown and Vape Enushi.
    Now additional colored top caps are also available.
    :toast:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mike P

Mike P Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2017
    I've been loving the wasp nano. single coil and its only 10-15 bucks so everyone should have one. the flavor is tremendous(best I've tried) and cloud production is great. even at lower watts with the airflow cut down the flavor is still awesome.

it comes with a bf pin too, I haven't used it but it should be perfect for sqounking

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mermaaan

Mermaaan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    California
    If you are looking for the higher end I'm a big fan of the new Jorda B by KHW mods. I don't do mtl but I do enjoy a restricted lung hit. The stock cap that comes with the jorda has a single hole option for mtl (i run mine with 3 holes) and you can buy extra dedicated mtl caps that should give you a true mtl hit. KHW has a fb group but also sells directly from their website, which was perfect for me as I don't use fb.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haps

Aug 22, 2013
    Canada
    Local stor showed stock on pulse 22. But alas they didn't have it. So I ordered one. Should be in on Monday. Also ordered a NarDa from FT so will try that out when it comes.

Been tinkering with this origin out of necessity and got it working better. Still not great. But good enough to get me through. Once those 2 atty's come in I'll try them out before looking further.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Northernshrink

Northernshrink Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    Haven’t used a REO in a number of years but I’m thinking due to the recessed well and 510 connection RDA choice would be a little limiting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    They're not recessed anymore. The "LP" (low profile) models have flush 510's but a 22mm will have a tiny bit of overhang. The P67 models have flush 22mm tops. However, I find the newer, simpler mechanical squonkers are better performers. I can build my own contacts and rebuild the entire mod in about 20 minutes if I need to. Still have alot of love for REO though. Excellent mods for those who don't need to push the limits a bit.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Haps

Aug 22, 2013
    Canada
    Ok finally got my Pulse 22 today. I had ordered some claptons as well for sh*ts and giggles. Holy hell. Coughing fit. Had to try DTL just to be able to smoke it.

Abandoned that idea and just went back to my regular 6 wraps 30ga kanthal on a screwdriver(maybe 2mm) that I've been using for years.

Had to choke the air almost completely off but it's semi-working. Getting lots of flavour and it's vape-able. But need to spend some serious time screwing around to find a build that works for me. I also grabbed some stainless so need to tinker quite a bit to dial in my build on this thing.

It's hitting a bit too hard right now. But coil height was really just a guess. And I haven't yet tested it to see what the actual resistance is with the longer legs to get up near the airholes on the pulse 22. May need to adjust my #of wraps or wrap diameter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crammit442

crammit442 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
  19. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Oops!

• Like Like x 1
  20. crammit442

Jan 7, 2011
    Alabama
    I received my NarCa clone yesterday. Nicely made. I found the deck a bit awkward to build on and its a bit airy for me. The well also seems very shallow. Every time I replaced the cap after dripping, I had to wipe off liquid from around the AF holes. I don't think that'll be an issue if it's setup to BF since you won't actually be dripping and shouldn't need to take the cap on and off frequently. Looking at the NarDa, it also looks like it would be difficult to leave the mandrel in your coil while clamping the legs. The NarDa looks lime the AF would likely have more AF restriction. It did make very good flavor once built. Any pics off your builds or tips for best results would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Charles

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.