RDA suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Been using a REO grand with a Reomizer 2 for quite a few years. Single coil 6 wraps of 30 at 1.4. Was the perfect recipe. I MTL and look for flavour not clouds.

About a year ago I had bought a coppervape to try something different. Bought an origin clone to build on. And as much as I liked the coppervape I could never get a good build working on the origin clone. Just can't get the flavour right.

Well the REO has now bit the bullet. It's repairable but being from Canada the cost of shipping some small replacement parts is quite expensive.

Would like to explore getting the coppervape up and running with a BF rda that gives me what I need and am looking for suggestions on rda's I should try out.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm a Flavor Chaser. And run almost exclusively Single Coil rda's

And for me, the NarDa (or the NarCa) is the Best flavor oriented RDA I have ever used with my CopperVape(s).

$8.05 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$7.97 NarCa Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 22mm diameter / 304 stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Note: Fasttech is on Holiday until the 22nd. And I'm sure they will have a Ton of Backlogged Orders to fill. So if you need something Quickly, going with Fasttech (or any other China Based company) might not be a good call.

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Just out of curiosity, what broke on the REO? I have a few spare parts for REOs...if I have what you need, I'll shoot it up to you.

The positive contact .I don't think I'm a button masher .but after 4 years it broke . And the replacement is approx $40 shipped

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The positive contact .I don't think I'm a button masher .but after 4 years it broke . And the replacement is approx $40 shipped
I'll do it for $39. :lol:
pm me an address....a regular letter to Canada can't be that hard, can it?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
OK, buddy.... at the rate you're going, I think I set you up for the next 8 years. :lol: I threw in a new 510 pin as they can break sometimes. Cross your fingers, it should get there just fine.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@Haps, well you are in Canada, have you seen the B2k.
They have come out with a V4 I think thats what its up to now.
It comes with 5 top caps, one being SS, and a mtl styled reducer.

I purchased the Caviar edition, my first post less deck, and then picked up additional gold plated decks (2), and 1 SS top cap.

I am more into restricted DL style, but that included mtl air restriction may be a good start for a single coil, small chamber, true MTL bottom feed RDA.

Check Hazetown and Vape Enushi.
Now additional colored top caps are also available.
:toast:

Mike P

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2017
I've been loving the wasp nano. single coil and its only 10-15 bucks so everyone should have one. the flavor is tremendous(best I've tried) and cloud production is great. even at lower watts with the airflow cut down the flavor is still awesome.

it comes with a bf pin too, I haven't used it but it should be perfect for sqounking

Last edited:

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
If you are looking for the higher end I'm a big fan of the new Jorda B by KHW mods. I don't do mtl but I do enjoy a restricted lung hit. The stock cap that comes with the jorda has a single hole option for mtl (i run mine with 3 holes) and you can buy extra dedicated mtl caps that should give you a true mtl hit. KHW has a fb group but also sells directly from their website, which was perfect for me as I don't use fb.

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Local stor showed stock on pulse 22. But alas they didn't have it. So I ordered one. Should be in on Monday. Also ordered a NarDa from FT so will try that out when it comes.

Been tinkering with this origin out of necessity and got it working better. Still not great. But good enough to get me through. Once those 2 atty's come in I'll try them out before looking further.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Haven’t used a REO in a number of years but I’m thinking due to the recessed well and 510 connection RDA choice would be a little limiting.
They're not recessed anymore. The "LP" (low profile) models have flush 510's but a 22mm will have a tiny bit of overhang. The P67 models have flush 22mm tops. However, I find the newer, simpler mechanical squonkers are better performers. I can build my own contacts and rebuild the entire mod in about 20 minutes if I need to. Still have alot of love for REO though. Excellent mods for those who don't need to push the limits a bit.

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Ok finally got my Pulse 22 today. I had ordered some claptons as well for sh*ts and giggles. Holy hell. Coughing fit. Had to try DTL just to be able to smoke it.

Abandoned that idea and just went back to my regular 6 wraps 30ga kanthal on a screwdriver(maybe 2mm) that I've been using for years.

Had to choke the air almost completely off but it's semi-working. Getting lots of flavour and it's vape-able. But need to spend some serious time screwing around to find a build that works for me. I also grabbed some stainless so need to tinker quite a bit to dial in my build on this thing.

It's hitting a bit too hard right now. But coil height was really just a guess. And I haven't yet tested it to see what the actual resistance is with the longer legs to get up near the airholes on the pulse 22. May need to adjust my #of wraps or wrap diameter.

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I'm a Flavor Chaser. And run almost exclusively Single Coil RDA's

And for me, the NarDa (or the NarCa) is the Best flavor oriented RDA I have ever used with my CopperVape(s).

$8.05 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$7.97 NarCa Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 22mm diameter / 304 stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I received my NarCa clone yesterday. Nicely made. I found the deck a bit awkward to build on and its a bit airy for me. The well also seems very shallow. Every time I replaced the cap after dripping, I had to wipe off liquid from around the AF holes. I don't think that'll be an issue if it's setup to BF since you won't actually be dripping and shouldn't need to take the cap on and off frequently. Looking at the NarDa, it also looks like it would be difficult to leave the mandrel in your coil while clamping the legs. The NarDa looks lime the AF would likely have more AF restriction. It did make very good flavor once built. Any pics off your builds or tips for best results would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread