RDA suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Noob here, got a narda clone to go with my gbox squonker.

Wow, building was a real challenge for me...tiny space and couldn't figure out how the coil went in. Watched some youtube and saw all kinds of wicking, but have found small tails work better for me.

Finally managed, and love the flavour...but my narda whistles like a banshee...I think perhaps its because I push the coil down after wicking?

I'll share some photos tomorrow...I usually rebuild on Saturdays.

There are the coils I use:

$2.83 AOLVAPE 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire - 50pcs/pack / 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.52ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Noob here, got a narda clone to go with my gbox squonker.

Wow, building was a real challenge for me...tiny space and couldn't figure out how the coil went in. Watched some youtube and saw all kinds of wicking, but have found small tails work better for me.

Finally managed, and love the flavour...but my narda whistles like a banshee...I think perhaps its because I push the coil down after wicking?

I'll share some photos tomorrow...I usually rebuild on Saturdays.

There are the coils I use:

$2.83 AOLVAPE 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wire - 50pcs/pack / 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.52ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Whistling can be caused by Airflow passing over a Sharp Edge. And if there is No Sharp Edge, there Usually isn't any Whistling.

Out of the 4 NarDa's I have, I had 1 that wanted to Whistle. Not exactly a Call the Dog whistle. But a little Annoying none the less.

I Chamfered the Air Inlet Holes slightly on the Deck Cover as well as the Inlets on the Deck using a Jewelry File and it all but Eliminated the Whistle.

You could also Drill/Grind Out the Inlet Holes in Deck Cover. Like what Asbestos does...

have you drilled out the top cap on one yet? It makes it virtually silent. Not the deck....just the top cap.
rps20170515_162211-jpg.657467

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread