RDA RDAs for MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Can you build RDAs for Mouth to Lung vaping?

Thickness of the Kanthol contributes to finished ohm rating right?

Would say an Avocado, Griffin, Mutation X work for MTL if you built, say a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coil?

Thanks!
I do MTL and use only rda's, in fact only one rda, SV clone from fasttech. My stockpile will have 10 of them. The SV is good at flavor. It has one air supply which is tight enough for MTL. It's a bit fiddly to build on because the posts are verticle and the wire is trapped under a screw but worth it to me.
$7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
How about any of these that I mentioned:

"Would say an Avocado, Griffin, Mutation X work"

I have the griffin rta 22mm set up and normally run it wide open for DL. I just cranked the air closed most of the way and it is still pretty airy. I could do a MTL hit but my .27ohm coil at 50w isn't really ideal for that.

Edit: The merlin might be a better choice for MTL RTA since it is single coil and easier to build higher ohm but it is still quite airy like the griffin when the AFC is mostly closed.

Reactions: champions

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I have the griffin rta 22mm set up and normally run it wide open for DL. I just cranked the air closed most of the way and it is still pretty airy. I could do a MTL hit but my .27ohm coil at 50w isn't really ideal for that.

Edit: The merlin might be a better choice for MTL RTA since it is single coil and easier to build higher ohm but it is still quite airy like the griffin when the AFC is mostly closed.

Thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking for!

Reactions: Fozzy71

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Reactions: Rossum

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    A smaller chamber does help for flavor but they can still get hot even with low power due to long drags and less air being pulled through. I run a Derringer w/ one air holes below 10 watts (currently 30 gauge Nickel at .11 ohm power limit 22 watts), but prefer a mid-sized RDA (Doge clone) at around 14 watts (using #28 wire on 5/64", both single coil). The larger RDAs and the latest generation sporting huge wire holes etc. are probably too opposite though to work well. Especially those using giant drip tips.

Neither of my RDAs are set with true tight MTL airflow, relying on low effort and just dithering around to be MTL and allowing DL bursts as the heat builds. Typically I've used clearos for tight draw, but have a tiny Atomic RDA to try out soon.

Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    MicroDrip - Mini ECIG

I have three of these and can't say enough good things about them. Flavor for days. Easy to build and drip.

Check the site often and you should find them in Stock again.

I also have 2 spheroids, but those are a little more difficult to get wicked and coiled correctly.

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    MicroDrip - Mini ECIG

I have three of these and can't say enough good things about them. Flavor for days. Easy to build and drip.

Check the site often and you should find them in Stock again.

I also have 2 spheroids, but those are a little more difficult to get wicked and coiled correctly.

I really like the Micro Drip, MicroDrip

Mini Drip is excellent too or the Ti Mods Achilles, the best of the best imo. Atomizer «ACHILLES»

Jonathan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I MTL also, i only ise rda's. I have a pair of reo' w modded squid atty's and a viicious ant cyclone as well. In my experience, the smaller the atty, the better the flavor. Also i find that .05 x .01 kanthal ribbon makes most flavor and vapor. I pair it w w 2.5 mm silica wick, 4 wraps is about .75 ohms. I have tried so many rda's and have a dozen that collect dust,along w a dozen genesis stlye rta's. Nothing beats a small atty w flat wire and silica for me. Tried claptons and aliens and twisted coils of all manners, i still come right back to my flat wire lol

Reactions: Verb

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Can you build RDAs for Mouth to Lung vaping?

Thickness of the Kanthol contributes to finished ohm rating right?

Would say an Avocado, Griffin, Mutation X work for MTL if you built, say a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coil?

Thanks!
    I build 1.3 to 1.5 ohm coils for TC on the SV rda clone from FT for MTL. I use a wide bore drip tip so I can drip through it and a 12 mm tall slip ring to prevent leaking in my pocket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread