RDA Rdas like the velocity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
DallasVaporsupplies has a base for sale (base only) for the cloud chasers Archon RDA thats called Archon TWO that is a very Velocity like deck.
You would have to buy both the Archon rda and then the extra base.
Have yet to find them sold as Version two with this deck.

Cheaper prices for the Archon rda can be found at other venders than what dallassupply sells them for, BUT they are the only place I have found that base (v two).

I got mine from local shop, he sold me the rda (with v2 base) and threw in a second barrel ( the box contained all the extra parts and replacement center pin for the original 3 post design) so I ended up with a parts I don't need....and extra stuff too.....

Might be what you are looking for, the screws are flat head grubs, so no hex key!

Its a nice dripper, adjustable air flow and deep well.

Reactions: DanJiblets

subohmboy

Sep 19, 2015
Las Vegas
The Dotmod Petri is an excellent 2 post RDA.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448776602.759992.jpg

A little different than the velocity but very good in its own right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Not at all. The Velocity has a massive following, maybe not so much on this forum, but I see them all over. The top cap gets a little crowded at times, so for huge builds sometimes a four post atty like the Twisted Messes is a better choice since the top cap doesn't impede on the deck at all.

I guess I'm mostly shocked that more companies aren't building similar decks. Everything is the same 3 or 4 post design. If the velocity is so popular, why not a couple similar rdas out there?

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I didn't like how small the post holes were on the dotmod, just my :2c: On that one.

Hadn't looked at the fishbone plus...this looks interesting...but i would most likely break the glass or ceramic, also my :2c:.

Good luck on your quest for the perfect rda, its a journey I am also on.
I think I'm up to 10 or so that I've tried, liked them all mostly, hated the Freakshow thougho_O

subohmboy

Sep 19, 2015
Las Vegas
There's almost nothing wrong with the Twisted Messes/13 Heavens 9 Hells quad post RDAs. The walls of the cap are completely straight and don't impede at all on the build deck, which is huge. Side airflow, adjustable, huge post holes, solid grub screws, it's just a great atty. It and the Velocity are my current everyday vapes

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm kind of shocked there aren't more options. I love building on the velocity, it's just so damn easy. Apparently I'm in the minority there lol.

I'm sure your going to see the velocity style deck become much more common. I sure lots of RTA's and RTA's will start using them. It's already in the Aromamizer, Cthulhu V2, OBS Cirus, etc.

I just got a Velocity clone and a Aromamizer and that style deck is really a great improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread