'Re' Steep E Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SxChoc

Dec 2, 2016
Hi all,

Brand new to this forum and generally a novice with vaping full stop!

I just wondered if it's possible to resteep a liquid as in I brought a concentrate (which recommended a 20% mix to the base liquid) but I was advised by a shop to never go above 15% so this is what I did but the flavour is really weak soooo I'm wondering if I could another another 5% of concentrate and steep it again or doesn't it work this way?

Thanks,
Craig

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You can always add more flavoring to something already made. As far as steeping being necessary...if it's a tobacco flavoring or a custard type flavoring, I'd say give it some more steep time. If it's not either of those types, IMO I'd give it a taste test (a drop or 2 on your finger) and a vape test with a few drops. If it's good in your opinion already...no need to steep it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
viannen_01.gif

Welcome to ECF!​

pJYvGY3.gif

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Add some more vg/pg to try and dilute it?

If you don't want to dilute your nicotine mix up a bottle of unflavored liquid in your desired nic level and pg/VG ratio. Unflavored is useful in cutting strongly flavored liquid and can even be vaped on its own.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
OP, you can add extra flavour if you wish, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to percentage of concentrates.
Manufacturers will gave a guideline percentage, you need to experiment with that.
You can add extra flavouring to e liquid, you can use less than the recommencded amount. It's all down to your tastes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Good information here by all. I second the motion to mix up a nicotine/pg/vg unflavored bottle every time you mix several flavors. You can tone down the flavor in a hot mix, vape it as an occasional vape or even a daily vape, as some of us do.

Adding another 5% flavoring is going to reduce the nic percentage by some amount. Put your original recipe into a juice calculator at the original mix percentages if you haven't already. Then, add the extra flavoring and see what happens to the nic percentage. Then, if necessary, you can add back the nic you need once it's flavored correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread