Ready for an AVP - Vamo V5, SVD, and what about Zmax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
Works a lot better with an 18650 as it lasts considerably longer. MVP2 is the winner hands down. Battery lasts forever
I got both the 650 and the 350, the latter as a backup. As for the MVP2, I'm counting on this.

went for the SVD ... it did run me $110 for a us vendor and got it in 2 days, it was also my first vv/vw mod so that did include batteries charger and a protank 2 :)
seems you got a good deal given the battery items and protank. I'd have certainly preferred 2 days.

I have a SID as well. Fantastic APV.

I did, however, just get one of those MVP v2.0 from 101Vapes. Coming in the mail tomorrow! Woooo. No more charging my 18650s every other day :D

Love your adventure time avatar. ;) I'm jellis about your arrival today. Will keep the SID in mind for sometime out in the future.

I did just order an SVD and an innokin 134.
I love the 134 but I'm very petite and it would just be too comedic for me to carry around. I'm seeing a major pattern in this thread for SVDs haha

I have both an MVP 2, and a Vamo V5. I really like both and would be happy with either. Im probably gonna sell the Vamo to a coworker though, and keep the MVP. Really cant go wrong with either, but its nice to not have to swap batteries, carry a charger etc.

I've a feeling there's an upcoming love affair with the MVP for me for the exact reasons you mention. I gave the Vamo serious consideration and may wind up picking it up in the end. But not yet... not yet....

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA

Robert Price

Oct 25, 2013
Aspen, CO
I have heard, both light hound (a high end flashlight suppler) and amazon sells good batteries and chargers. Fasttech is ridiculously slow, and is even slower if you buy batteries, as no batteries are currently allowed to be shipped from China by plane. So if any Chinese vender will have the same problem. I would make sure anywhere you get your batteries from are in the same relative region as where you live for faster service even if it cost a little more. It will just save you the headache. I also think the zmax should defiantly be looked at as an option. I ended up with a SID, which uses the same chip, but hear the telescoping zmax v3 is a little nicer. I also would probably been happy with a SPV as well. At the end of the day its all about personal preference.

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
I have heard, both light hound (a high end flashlight suppler) and amazon sells good batteries and chargers. Fasttech is ridiculously slow, and is even slower if you buy batteries, as no batteries are currently allowed to be shipped from China by plane. So if any Chinese vender will have the same problem. I would make sure anywhere you get your batteries from are in the same relative region as where you live for faster service even if it cost a little more. It will just save you the headache. I also think the zmax should defiantly be looked at as an option. I ended up with a SID, which uses the same chip, but hear the telescoping zmax v3 is a little nicer. I also would probably been happy with a SPV as well. At the end of the day its all about personal preference.

Most definitely the sole reason I went with a telescoping zmax v3 was because I have every variety of battery always charged up. It's nice to be able to grab a batt and go.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

FirebornMuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Between my honey and I... I have the SVD and the VAMO and she has the zmax.... Here's my 2 cents... If you go with Vamo, they're great but you have to buy an air flow controller because the threads are indeed weak, also, the pin falls and you may end up having to fix it... I love my VAMO but it stays at home now days. My honey has the zmax and loves it, but my main complaint about it is that it only has the one button to do everything! But it's a nice apv! My suggestion would be the SVD out of those three cause they're built really tough, the menu and everything is totally easy to use, and it's a telescoping mod which means you can use different size batteries without changing parts. As far as batteries go... Go for EFests and a nitecore charger... good, inexpensive SAFE option... I'd get a pair of 18650s and a pair of 18350s to start out if you can.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I have both the MVP 2 on the way (back in stock at 101vape.com as of tonight) and the Vamo V4 from Zainy. Unfortunately I ordered AW batteries from Zainy as well so that may slow that one up considerably. That's half the reason I pulled the trigger on the MVP 2 though. I'll have to research this airflow controller thing, I had read the Vamo threads were weak, was going to lube them liberally and try to be extra careful but it's still a concern.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Love my Provari, was my first regulated mod. Works great.

When I was first shopping for a Variable, the MVP caught my eye, but only puts out 11 watts, and while it has good battery life, when it's toast the MVP is toast. This might not be a concern for you, but since I've been using rba's and have vaping at 15 watts, the devices with lesser power would have been a disappointment.

If the VTR had been available when I was searching, I may have just purchased one, but am very satisfied with the performance and dependability that the Provari has provided.

Last edited:

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Love your adventure time avatar. ;) I'm jellis about your arrival today. Will keep the SID in mind for sometime out in the future.

Thanks & double thanks! It's gonna be slam-bam-in-a-can!

tumblr_inline_mg0z9d0gOs1rd7x24.gif

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Love my Provari, was my first regulated mod. Works great.

When I was first shopping for a Variable, the MVP caught my eye, but only puts out 11 watts, and while it has good battery life, when it's toast the MVP is toast. This might not be a concern for you, but since I've been using rba's and have vaping at 15 watts, the devices with lesser power would have been a disappointment.

If the VTR had been available when I was searching, I may have just purchased one, but am very satisfied with the performance and dependability that the Provari has provided.

That's debatable. With some electronics repair skills, almost nothing is permanently toast if parts are available. two years ago I replaced the capacitors on my $2,500.00 Samsung television. Would have cost $400.00 to have a shop do it. I did it for $15.00 (this includes the shipping). The cost of the capacitors, the solder and iron I wanted to use. Took me about an hour because they sent me the wrong iron and it took longer to manipulate the solder on the power board. Samsung went cheap and used 10v capacitors instead of the 25v they were supposed to use. My repair was also an improvement.

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
My SVD arrived yesterday. I've had about 24 hour --well ok, less since I actually sleep ;) to play with it and I used it at work all day. My first impressions -- I love the way juice tastes using this. It has to be the unit because no other variables changed (same protank 2 w/ the same juice) and yet the juice tastes bright, vibrant and also I'm tasting more flavors in the juice that didn't show themselves before. (omg I cannot wait until my RBA gets here!!)

I do not fully understand the electronics but something is absolutely different between my experience with the SVD and the MVP. Is it possible it is watts? Would someone be so kind as to explain this for me? How would watts affect the flavor? Is it a matter of a more consistent burning of the coils without say, hotspots or power spikes (or dips)?
To test my statement, I just arrived home and put the same tank I used not a moment ago with the SVD onto the MVP and took a toot. There is not a question there is a difference.
I also seem to feel less of a "film" in mouth from what I can only presume is one of the ingredients of the juice.

As to the look and feel of the SVD.
The button is much, much easier to push. That's important to due to an injury in my usage thumb. When the battery is in the unit feels solid. I like the finish and I really like the ring at the top. I only wish they would have mimicked that ring on the battery cap because as it is now, that cap doesn't seem it's even part of the design but rather an add-on from something else.

I guess my only complaints are A) the + and - buttons seem counter-intuitive to me. I keep hitting the opposite of what I think it should be. I suppose that's a function of which side a person holds facing in or out, i.e.; the button or the digital display. B) I guess I'm a minimalist at my core because I do not care for all this inscribing on the unit particularly on the telescopic section. The logo engraving at the top would have been enough.
And while not a complaint, I'm not sure how I feel about the telescoping function and the way it makes the unit look. It's a little strange though certainly it is functional.

Finally, I should note I purchased this unit from FT. When I took it from the my mailbox and opened it, it was obvious the box was opened and rifled through by Hong Kong customs. The mailing package had an "officiallysealedofficiallysealedofficiallysealed - hong kong post" retaping done to it (and a mighty crappy job it was.) The original packaging/box seal had been ripped off the box and it was obvious the SVD had been removed from the box, inspected and then jammed back inside the box. Not sure what they were searching for, but apparently they didn't find it and sent the package along to me. I thought they had put a gash in the SS, but that turned out to be some kind of gunk that came off with a cleaning and polish.

And so in the end & all that said, I'm pretty happy with this little unit. :) It feels much more natural in my smaller sized hand when compared to the MVP.

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
Now you have me wanting an SVD.

What kind of tank will you be using? How does it compare in size to the Vamo?

I don't have a Vamo smokinMelissa so I really can't speak to that.
Currently I'm using a kanger protank & mini v2 because those are all I had.

I received vape mail today containing a phoenix V4 and I have an AGI rba on the way. These two will be my teaching tools. Teaching, because I have my eye on a kayfun or russian 91%.

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
So I said above that it had to be the unit because no other variables changed. After reflecting on that statement on my way home from work in crappy traffic I realize it's a bogus statement to make.

A number of variables changed. Yes the unit changed, the SVD itself. But also, the battery changed and also the circuitry changed. Those are significant other variables though I couldn't tell you which, or in which combination, the successful difference was achieved. What I can say is that there's a consistency that wasn't there before.

Now if I could only get these kanger tanks to work as consistently. Temperamental little buggers.

armadillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Honolulu
I have a somewhat strange question, but am hoping that someone in this thread might be able to answer. I presently have a LavaFire tube (from Beauticig) and I am using their stand. I would like to know whether there are any other VW tube mods that are compatible with the stand. This is the stand:

display1.jpg

So I have SMOK ZMAX and it will fit the threads (it has the same threading as the LavaFire), but unfortunately the ZMAX cannot be split. I am looking for someone who has a SMOK ZMAX (the LavaFire is not readily available in the US) and has either a SID, a Vamo or any other VW tube mod that can be split in half in order to check if any of them have the same threads as the ZMAX threads. I would greatly appreciate if you could test this for me as I would like additional tube mods on that stand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread