Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
@muzichead know more about this than anyone I have read. Perhaps he'll see this and chime (no pun intended) in.

Hey guys got some readyxwick from Jan and I’m not really sure how to use it best. I want to try it out. Looked up a few videos but I know someone here can explain it better to me.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
There are a couple ReadyXWick threads here in the ville that have a couple posts where I describe in detail and I believe there were pics in there as well. Its been so long since I've vaped that I'm afraid its a little spotty memory wise but I can tell you not to over do it. Don't choke the wick with a really tight coil and you need only have the wick touching the bottom of the deck. It wasn't designed to work like cotton or rayon in that it will only hold enough liquid for a couple hits and requires more squonking, if that makes sense...

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
There are a couple ReadyXWick threads here in the ville that have a couple posts where I describe in detail and I believe there were pics in there as well. Its been so long since I've vaped that I'm afraid its a little spotty memory wise but I can tell you not to over do it. Don't choke the wick with a really tight coil and you need only have the wick touching the bottom of the deck. It wasn't designed to work like cotton or rayon in that it will only hold enough liquid for a couple hits and requires more squonking, if that makes sense...
Will find those threads thanks!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
It’s so funny and interesting how our personal taste goes. I too have been happy with rayon for a long, long time. (Before that it was cotton for a long time). I tried the readyxwick but didn’t care for it....probably user error. Who knows, I may someday be saying that I’ve been happy with readyx for a long time....
Hmmm, maybe I just like being happy. Haha. I’m on a 5 day vacation, really relaxing, reading, building a jig saw puzzle and yes, vaping on my Reos. Can you tell?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Fun fact: readyXwick is contraband outside of the US (or at least it was, supposedly due to it's military applications).

That said, I've tried it. For me - meh. Regular rewicking gives me a chance to clean and inspect all the working parts of the build and it takes me the same amount of time as it takes to clean the Xwick (of course, this is my case, with my DIY juices and chosen build type). It's been years since I last got a dry hit, let alone scorching, so those are moot points for me as well.

It makes a good vape, to be sure. Some claim it's cleaner, with no initial aftertaste as with cotton or rayon. Maybe I'm just used to overlooking that aspect, but I can't say I found it to be of better quality than a good cotton/rayon build.

As always, tho - whatever floats your boat.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Fun fact: readyXwick is contraband outside of the US (or at least it was, supposedly due to it's military applications).

That said, I've tried it. For me - meh. Regular rewicking gives me a chance to clean and inspect all the working parts of the build and it takes me the same amount of time as it takes to clean the Xwick (of course, this is my case, with my DIY juices and chosen build type). It's been years since I last got a dry hit, let alone scorching, so those are moot points for me as well.

It makes a good vape, to be sure. Some claim it's cleaner, with no initial aftertaste as with cotton or rayon. Maybe I'm just used to overlooking that aspect, but I can't say I found it to be of better quality than a good cotton/rayon build.

As always, tho - whatever floats your boat.
I love rayon; was gifted some of the readyxwick and wanted to see what all the hype is lol.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
I definitely do not recommend it. They get dry way too quickly, you will have to take small puffs. There is also a big health concern with them. When you dry burn them, it results in little fragments of the material. I found a lot of fragments all over my table and in the air. It looks like little glass particles. If you inhale these fragments it can cause health problems because your body can not break it down.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I definitely do not recommend it. They get dry way too quickly, you will have to take small puffs. There is also a big health concern with them. When you dry burn them, it results in little fragments of the material. I found a lot of fragments all over my table and in the air. It looks like little glass particles. If you inhale these fragments it can cause health problems because your body can not break it down.
I’m gonna have to research this; now I’m skeptical.

Reactions: stols001

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
It was wicking terribly. So I decided to try and stack three pieces of the wick together and I free hand wrapped around it.
jT1tfm3t0t6Iau744PAnhMrVj1KCriLIetSFFhZ1xFllFruVU4fcGjFEpLqSMwuEWCx9uEOqr16Z1aKHqOkQMwDRez6FBUpmxwV4UhohtozsQjc3hV4K1ZbRgdYDJn-cpLnD0gOZtGhUa7xYkYx7_SLULILg4IhsRv2ruobas_6hV50J8TKAEscSlZzAtrauXgFue-MtlH6HZ7zNhI15TJqOwbVq5Rp1wNZpLmsCQXEuIgKoq4rsRdC7EmF48Ad0-c8g1GZQr8HhOhVn7vBFBdxL8FcN_sFKqBHrXnPekLaBQEjriNvrmKyn0pc0pcFhceqoyff1lc9w_b1uBeoceJ-JWf5lgUE9TWyu36OXtf0Ff3mg9xnuEzFfo87t2MbMgX9xBiWleN1oq9tGnMtwZgGmFcC-uz3jhgQEUGbJMumXhhuBdg5vim10ADXf1044TXYI50D-3dtysNp6I74UiHnAuPPS3z-Uf3TOgvpXr32aZbPe0_Q7HbKdtdc4Lp4pANOr2GQYxZJ_MxzzM7FHEd-JWBHVlr06JZaWSfsWc-B8-2QDbniRrTsVHSA5WrFIK4uvMuslEbJ16KYMCgZn0uaaIfnblvx39iV5nNPUFmfC8bqjXWaMEc0jhIG05W614vLpkvyDzWGQs1QAzqQBD5b-leo8-vg_XuKnyRHb9LMTDQ=w669-h891-no

It still wicked terribly and I had the idea to deinterlace the wick. I did that and it was actually working great.
4jvvQKASkU21gaXsbcl4y0D4q0rCnLxqdpKByvkqcFvi00iIILzdsut7VxYUkFpPmbZPVH6t31ItTwq97XyuZ7dU-YPeT52k1B4Trl8gLNkXfnDQaugIprLRt-QnUf_fvakROxsLckQ2ICNmqceWDAub838zw00E3YYwdDkz1itO_u8IuKmrMTvqaFhux_x2P3DFVOjwTzRah9M7QEwjMw8lk5UOwgwUxsNBoWmOqHft1-VF7Dm4kQQZYCtsG3S-Jv5brm985wEQWZMYc8I913GPYQmB2uw8FNjbp8zqe2vndQ4urWIZjZduTDPJGe2jx2Uy2XvJKaEJ_dlSwwb1d-abi2PcPG0J1vZBCb9MiHAEJgmOvhwz5iBXkJraqPUryPuJmHhKZraDG1lt38uDe2TEXH9iz_qPuFTk8thI5NZVbtDmLmxCDJM5KShbSg2KL2jnLN0JDe5c_pP3pIH-MCxupxrVKgVJ9gYsDKf3e_-_-QjmsKETOHgcgG1lkDZk38J8aDJdHyk4yh57pagdNfwxdl1C_KGoQ7YPRx-mDauHS8aPWAvvdZluwvk6hHC_J-kEyzu01XbzoMu4UxoZ5bLGsXxL2AM3XQYSjnih6qUzbBZTvC9-HLsAmG1nH8RaAgOFnwGehum-f6sCtuLEKrMeVxzJSadcGMkgeZl0mMEiDQ=w669-h891-no

I decided to change it out because that's a pretty crappy job. I deinterlaced it and dry burned it and yeah. it got really messy. I decided to put it in the trash. I am not messing with that stuff.

I dry burned it and shook it on the shirt and this is the result. Notice all the white specks.
upload_2018-11-11_18-30-53.png

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

no need ,ready-x is a ceramic .torch it before cutting and it doesn't fray
if it gets dry really quick then you need to drip more often as with any wicking material

when it first came out,everybody was saying OH MY GOD you're inhaling ceramic dust ,well if your wick is dry you just might,but the particles will stay put in the liquid if kept wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread