Ready-x-wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
no need ,ready-x is a ceramic .torch it before cutting and it doesn't fray
if it gets dry really quick then you need to drip more often as with any wicking material

when it first came out,everybody was saying OH MY GOD you're inhaling ceramic dust ,well if your wick is dry you just might,but the particles will stay put in the liquid if kept wet
The wick was completely saturated. I could barely take a half a hit. But yes, I am assuming if it's kept wet then the particles would not be an issue. But as stated, it dries quickly and more than likely going to get a dry hit. I am not going to mess with that stuff.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
The wick was completely saturated. I could barely take a half a hit. But yes, I am assuming if it's kept wet then the particles would not be an issue. But as stated, it dries quickly and more than likely going to get a dry hit. I am not going to mess with that stuff.

i did forget to mention something important about it also :) ready-x doesn't wick fast enough for sub ohm vaping hehehehe

Reactions: stols001

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I vaped RxW for over 2yrs with no problems at all!! The horror stories as mentioned above are all ........ and propaganda made up to scare people into not using it...that's all. There is enough info in the couple threads you'll find here on the forum to support what I'm saying. The most important thing is to use it according to how its instructed to use it. I vaped sub ohm for well over a year and had no problems in keeping the wicking fed to take monster hits so that claim is false also!! The information is in the threads some of us old timers posted in here on the forum...

eta... If you have any concerns, questions, or need general info I would have to say @MacTechVpr was the resident expert on RxW and we all learned a great deal from him about it...

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I vaped RxW for over 2yrs with no problems at all!! The horror stories as mentioned above are all ........ and propaganda made up to scare people into not using it...that's all. There is enough info in the couple threads you'll find here on the forum to support what I'm saying. The most important thing is to use it according to how its instructed to use it. I vaped sub ohm for well over a year and had no problems in keeping the wicking fed to take monster hits so that claim is false also!! The information is in the threads some of us old timers posted in here on the forum...

eta... If you have any concerns, questions, or need general info I would have to say @MacTechVpr was the resident expert on RxW and we all learned a great deal from him about it...

seriously ?!?!?! even with pic to back up what has been said ?

this ol timer wants to know which of the ready-x styles you were using ??
and if it was so dam good ,then why did you leave it !!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I've been using the 2mm rxw exclusively for about five years and no issues
To get it to hold juice well, just push a straigntened out large paperclip through it so it becomes open in the middle like a straw. I vape a parallel coil that comes in at 0.4ohms and I can get like 8-10 good hits before I have to squonk again

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
there is no "user error" in the ceramic dust

1.7 was never sub ohm
If one was to do "proper" research, they would certainly find that the supposed ceramic dust is not harmful in any way what so ever... ie... If it was truly harmful it wouldn't be allowed to be sold and used by the consumer, so again I will remind you that all the horror stories are concocted ........ and propaganda that have been squandered on us by people that haven't actually done the "proper" research and only put that out there to scare everyone into not using it!!

As to 1.7, it is in fact the diameter of RxW that I used and "NOT" the ohmage that I vaped because you asked for style and not what Ω... If you go back into a couple of the RxW threads you will see some of the set-ups I vaped and early on they were mostly in the .2-.3Ω range for well over a year with no problems at all.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
If one was to do "proper" research, they would certainly find that the supposed ceramic dust is not harmful in any way what so ever....

anybody that has done your "proper" search already knows that ceramic dust and fiberglas dust do exactly the same thing in the lungs

why don't YOU do the "proper" search and produce some this evidence you keep yacking about

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
anybody that has done your "proper" search already knows that ceramic dust and fiberglas dust do exactly the same thing in the lungs

why don't YOU do the "proper" search and produce some this evidence you keep yacking about
Its all good bro... your right, I'm wrong....my bad!!;)

Seriously, I don't have the time, nor the patience to deal with you about this... As I've suggested, the info is here on the forum and all you need to do is read the threads from a couple years ago, or better yet, do a google search and you find the info I speak of!! Have a great day....:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread