Real cigarette vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Rawl

Verified Member
So I've been vaping for a week and a half now. I bought a Tornado tank from Totally Wicked, which came with 18,11, and an 8 milligram tobacco juices. I also ordered an 11 mg strawberry from them. After vaping these different levels I decided the 18mg gave me the best throat hit and feel of a real cigarette. Thinking this, I ordered 24mg and 18mg liquids from Vapure. My problem is, these new liquids don't give me any throat hit and I feel as if I'm not getting as much nicotine from them as I was with the lower Totally Wicked juices. The Vapure liquids are 100% VG, which I now know give less throat hit and flavor, but shouldn't I still be getting the higher levels of nicotine? So my question is, what liquid can I buy that will give me the closest feeling to inhaling a real cigarette? The flavors I've liked from all the liquids I've tried, the thing I'm looking for is the throat hit and fix that a real cig gave. Thanks for any advice.

OnMyWay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
So my question is, what liquid can I buy that will give me the closest feeling to inhaling a real cigarette?

I have been searching for this since I began using my PV. I don't care about it tasting or looking like a cig but the inhalation feeling is the big thing for me. I've had that inhalation feeling intermittently but I can't seem to replicate that experience consistently. I was just updating a thread of mine talking about this issue.

I will be following your thread to see if you get any suggestions that may work for me too.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
The Backwoods Brew Tobaccos are pretty darn close especially in flavor. I've heard alot of good reviews of Boba's Bounty by AVE (and consequently have ordered some). PureCig Tobacco has a spicy undertone that seems to translate well to that feeling of smoking a real one.

The percentage of pg to vg while important, is only a portion of the overall system and not to discourage you, but I've found that juice fed or dripped LR 306s give the most approximate throat hit and consistency to my memories of a cigarette. However, its been over a year since I've had a cigarette so that may be just memories.

redryder1

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Henderson, North Carolina
DIY juices at 80/20 PG/VG @ ~24mg nicotine. Flavors from Bluemist, or perfumers apprentice. As far as consistent taste V4L juices are consistent, and are cheap. 30ml for 10.95 and its about 200 to choose from. Im using an EgoT system too, so a juice supply is good to have. Its a juice eater. But I love it. My KR808's are here for backup and my wife uses them too

Turkish

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
New York
I second Infernal2's comments. And I wish to reiterate an important point that stands out in those comments: each of us tries to approximate our vaping preferences to our closest smoking memories, so each of us will evidently have different experiences in this regard- even with the same flavors. For me, I get a parallel to my Camel Lights memories from BWB's 18mg Casablanca or V4L's 18mg Wow Camel via a Riva (with LEDs ;)

rayquitsmoking

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
michigan
regular tobacco 16mg cartos that come with the 51 duo kit is absolutely the best cig flavor i ever tried. to bad i cant find it in a bottle.on a scale from 1-10 it gets.. throat hit 10 taste 10 and vapor 11. we have to find out what kind of juice this is ..it smells like a sweet nutty Cinnamon and is dark and thick so it must be vg based. is there anybody who knows what this juice is or can help me find it.we must find it.

I think everyone starts out trying to approximate the experience they were used to with analog cigarettes. And yes, there will be experimenting with the types of PVs you use (or you may collect a couple - a good one for travel, and another you prefer at home). But, my vaping friends who convinced me to do this in the first place and many on this forum seem pretty consistent in saying that after you do this for awhile and try different flavors and products you won't want to approximate that experience at all. There's a whole vaping experience to be had that is ultimately way better than analog cigarettes and if you keep at it you probably won't be missing them at all!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks for the replies. I'm gathering that maybe what I need is 100% pg, 18mg plus nicotine, and a high voltage PV like the Provape 1. I tell you, it gets expensive starting out with vaping, but it would have been more so without this forum. Thanks again.

You are on the mark. To get closer to the "inhaled feel" of an analog, a PV such as the Provape is a good choice. PG over VG and as a new vaper, I would suggest 24mg for at least a while. But if you follow the forum, the strong trend is to variable volt PV's such as the Darwin from nhaler.com or the ProVari. Better throat hit and much more flexibility.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you are leaning towards a variable volt, check this put, I've been researching them for a few days and bang for the buck, you can't beat it.
Little Sister Variable Voltage
It's $65 not bad for a VV

I've never used Ken's Lil Sister but I have one of his 5 volt PV's. They work quite well and Ken really stands behind his products.

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
Im actually looking for a VV juice box, I've only seen one Ali'i makes one......a little on the pricey side for me. But Kens boxes look good, one of them is also being sold as a refurb, so instead of $75 it's $60 I think it's the little brother or something. Going on three weeks with my tank system, and it's starting to show its weaknesses to me. I'm getting four times the vapor out of my 510Mega atty now as I am out of any of my tank carts, I might try the denture cleaning tablet cleaning method on one of the three and see if it helps it out. But I'm really leaning to a juice box (after seeing the reo's), and want the best of both worlds VV and bottom feeder.

Silent Soldier

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Saint Petersburg, Florida USA
It's just a matter of experimentation and trying different juices and PG/VG/nic ratio's to find what works best for you. Best advice would be to try sampler packs of varying ratios and strengths. That way if you get something that's too weak or you don't like you won't be stuck with a bunch of it.

Also, seems like your in my neck of the woods, it's always nice to see fellow Floridians in here. Especially ones so close. Welcome to ECF and vaping!

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Im actually looking for a VV juice box, I've only seen one Ali'i makes one......a little on the pricey side for me. But Kens boxes look good, one of them is also being sold as a refurb, so instead of $75 it's $60 I think it's the little brother or something. Going on three weeks with my tank system, and it's starting to show its weaknesses to me. I'm getting four times the vapor out of my 510Mega atty now as I am out of any of my tank carts, I might try the denture cleaning tablet cleaning method on one of the three and see if it helps it out. But I'm really leaning to a juice box (after seeing the reo's), and want the best of both worlds VV and bottom feeder.

Pneathery, you know the REO Grand will use battery set-ups for 5v, 6v and 7.4v? Not vv, but you can have a lot of fun with different voltage/atty combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread