Real kayfun lite plus ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
Got a kayfun lite plus in the mail today, is supposed to be a real one but some things don't seem right. First thing the clear window mold lines and a molding line down the center of it. Next thing the chimney top had machining waste left around the threads. The clear window came in a separate plastic zip bag. The box the kayfun came in looks right.

I have a ehpro kayfun v3.1 clone it came flawless and now I got a the real deal and it has flaws something is not right.

Just wanted you guys to look at it before I get on the phone and complaining.

20131217_152142.jpg

20131217_152259.jpg

20131217_152404.jpg

Edit: This just gets better, center pin sticks out so you can flush mount it. Wish ehpro did a kayfun lite because they got the kayfun v3.1 spot on.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
it looks real, and it sucks - but this is probably due to the pressure of keeping them stocked to fight off the 15 clones out these.
only one shop is making the real ones while the clone machine is dumping them out from 10 different 24/7 labor mills.

as for the tank, i cant really see the seem but i know the real makrolon isnt easy to mold and comes with a light seem/mold mark down the side. no telling what plastic they use for the clone tanks.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Looks real to me.... if you watch the PBusardo video, he's got super closeups of the real thing... and it's pretty rough looking metal. My clone is waayyy better finished than the real deal. I think this is one of the few items where some clones are better than the original (but there are many different clones and they aren't all the same either).

flavorjunkie

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Virginia, USA
Rest assured that you do own an authentic Kayfun lite. This is unfortunate however. SvoeMesto is known for their high quality and has been on the rise gaining high praise over their Kayfun, rightfully so. Recently, It seems that their quality control is not up to par with the demand for their products as another member previously mentioned.

I did come across a review on Youtube by a meticulous reviewer comparing both the Kayfun Lite & Kayfun Lite Plus. He pointed out that the brushed finish on Lite Plus was worse than the Lite. I can't verify this myself because I only own the Lite.

There is a possibility that this type of finish was unseen by SvoeMesto, in which case I would probably bring to their attention. Who knows, they may even send you another one. After all, we are a small community and they do have a reputation to uphold in the eyes of so many.

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
Rest assured that you do own an authentic Kayfun lite. This is unfortunate however. SvoeMesto is known for their high quality and has been on the rise gaining high praise over their Kayfun, rightfully so. Recently, It seems that their quality control is not up to par with the demand for their products as another member previously mentioned.

I did come across a review on Youtube by a meticulous reviewer comparing both the Kayfun Lite & Kayfun Lite Plus. He pointed out that the brushed finish on Lite Plus was worse than the Lite. I can't verify this myself because I only own the Lite.

There is a possibility that this type of finish was unseen by SvoeMesto, in which case I would probably bring to their attention. Who knows, they may even send you another one. After all, we are a small community and they do have a reputation to uphold in the eyes of so many.

Sent an email to the shop I got it from they have sent the photos to SvoeMesto so hopefully they do something about this.

My ehpro clone came in a nice box and all the extras came in the same box, then I get a real one that comes in a paper box and the clear tank came separate in plastic zip bag :facepalm:. SvoeMesto need to shape up !!

kayfun31package_zps99414de0.jpg

KayfunLite_2_zps1fd1a73f.jpg

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.
I got mine a few days ago, in the same manner you described, moreover, with identical seam on the clear window. I got mine from cloud9vaping.co.uk and they are an official supplier of SvoeMesto in UK and are generally a very respectable vendor, so I'm sure mine is authentic and it seems that yours is too. I guess it's like it was said above, a few minor details are being overlooked at QC due to high demand and an attempt to increase supply. I do get a bit of a whistle on it sometimes (usually is fixed with a bit of tweaking of the air supply screw) but otherwise, it is a superb piece of kit.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Sent an email to the shop I got it from they have sent the photos to SvoeMesto so hopefully they do something about this.

My ehpro clone came in a nice box and all the extras came in the same box, then I get a real one that comes in a paper box and the clear tank came separate in plastic zip bag :facepalm:. SvoeMesto need to shape up !!

kayfun31package_zps99414de0.jpg

KayfunLite_2_zps1fd1a73f.jpg

while I understand the point of the atty itself being better. my one argument is why do you need a pretty box? are you gonna display it in a jewelry case or fill it and stick on your mod? lol the cute case just ends up being more junk on the shelf. even kanger stopped making them for the protank once they realized it is unneeded cost. the kayfun 3 i ordered last year had the same seem on the window and came in the same box.

here is a possibility that this type of finish was unseen by SvoeMesto, in which case I would probably bring to their attention. Who knows, they may even send you another one. After all, we are a small community and they do have a reputation to uphold in the eyes of so many.
I agree, and I am sure the stress of an ex employee stabbing you in the back and running to china with a diagram of the atty put much undo strain on the company to put out product faster.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Not sure what the hubbub is about, but my official one is 'perfect'. Yes there's a small seam on the plastic, but that tends to happen when you mold things. Other than that, the finish is perfectly brushed, no problems with the threads, no machining residue, perfect threads, etc. I'm very happy with what I purchased & the cardboard box looks great in my jewelry case. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread