Real Mech Suggestions/Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
I have a Chi You clone and I like it. It has done its purpose - Allow me to affordably explore lower (but still safe) ohm ranges and show me that not only would I like mechs, but that would I love them and prefer them sometimes to my Provari. Some quicks are ok but my only gripes with my Chi You are the non reverse threaded button that is a pain to deal with sometimes and it feels like its made from cheap steel. I feel like I could bend the steel with my hands if I wanted to. Now that I know I like mechs, I would like a high quality, go to mech that has the same grade or better steel than my provari and has been around long enough to have a lot of feedback and use. I am shallow so looks and workmanship are important to me. Would prefer if made in US or Europe, but not a deal breaker.

So my questions
1. Good recommendations for some real mechs. Right now I am eyeing the Nemesis and King. I have a self imposed $500 budget but I might go a little more if the right one came along. Prefer clean lines and nothing too busy looking. Stainless or brushed preferred.

2. Where are trustworthy sites to get real mechs? Everything out there seems like a clone. I know vaperev carries a lot but seems like everything I want is out of stock and has been for weeks.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
Looked both those up. The Scorpion is sweet looking. I am a Capricorn, but my old tee ball team was the Scorpians....hmm...
The scorpion is based on the nemesis, but IMO Filipino mechs are nicer for some reason. The Greeks are very high quality though. It's really just personal preference at that level of machining/conductivity.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
The Panzer Mod from MCV Philippines with a Atomic RDA is a great looking combo.

Or, a 69 Mod with the 3D RDA from Atmomixani.

OKC Vapes has a Panzer for around 190 and they are 20 minutes from me. It's not the clean lines I was thinking about but it does look pretty damn mean. I might go check it out tomorrow.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
The Hamoriko Ti is a steal IMO. Very clean lines, made of titanium. It's hard to believe they can offer such quality at that price point, but here you have it. I've tried out their micro-stick and the switch and locking mechanism on that is one of the best designs ever for a mech, these use the exact same switch.

Will be back in stock soon.

Hamoriko Ti - Mini ECIG

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
The Hamoriko Ti is a steal IMO. Very clean lines, made of titanium. It's hard to believe they can offer such quality at that price point, but here you have it. I've tried out their micro-stick and the switch and locking mechanism on that is one of the best designs ever for a mech, these use the exact same switch.

Will be back in stock soon.

Hamoriko Ti - Mini ECIG

Thanks! That is pretty sweet looking and love its made of titanium. But I should have mentioned I want an 18650 setup. Looks like that one goes up to 18500 only

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I think the Term is Original Manufacturer Mechanical.
Both Real and ahmmm.....Clone are Real as both do as intended. Hold Batteries and Fire atomizers. :)

Also, I would consider the Segelei 8w a Real Mechanical as it is not a 1:1 copy of anything. Performs excellent but is rather plain Jane.

My favored originals(not yet acquired) are the Nemesis and Caravela:thumb:

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I have a Chi You clone and I like it. It has done its purpose - Allow me to affordably explore lower (but still safe) ohm ranges and show me that not only would I like mechs, but that would I love them and prefer them sometimes to my Provari. Some quicks are ok but my only gripes with my Chi You are the non reverse threaded button that is a pain to deal with sometimes and it feels like its made from cheap steel. I feel like I could bend the steel with my hands if I wanted to. Now that I know I like mechs, I would like a high quality, go to mech that has the same grade or better steel than my provari and has been around long enough to have a lot of feedback and use. I am shallow so looks and workmanship are important to me. Would prefer if made in US or Europe, but not a deal breaker.

So my questions
1. Good recommendations for some real mechs. Right now I am eyeing the Nemesis and King. I have a self imposed $500 budget but I might go a little more if the right one came along. Prefer clean lines and nothing too busy looking. Stainless or brushed preferred.

2. Where are trustworthy sites to get real mechs? Everything out there seems like a clone. I know vaperev carries a lot but seems like everything I want is out of stock and has been for weeks.

Check out the REO Grand. It is milled out of a solid block of aluminum and you will not be able to bend it no matter how hard you try. (it can also double as a hammer in a pinch.):laugh:

It is only about $140 bucks so you could get several on your budget or save a bunch of cash for something else.

Looks and workmanship are excellent. So is the customer support. Also has a HUGE following here on the forums.

American made and well established, 3+ years. I have been using the same one daily for over 3 years.

Comes in a large variety of colors/finishes including brushed and stainless. And yes, the mods are in stock.

Come over to the REO suppliers forum and hang out for a while. The folks are very friendly and laid back and will not hesitate to answer any questions you have.

Reos Mods

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Check out the REO Grand. It is milled out of a solid block of aluminum and you will not be able to bend it no matter how hard you try. (it can also double as a hammer in a pinch.):laugh:

It is only about $140 bucks so you could get several on your budget or save a bunch of cash for something else.

Looks and workmanship are excellent. So is the customer support. Also has a HUGE following here on the forums.

American made and well established, 3+ years. I have been using the same one daily for over 3 years.

Comes in a large variety of colors/finishes including brushed and stainless. And yes, the mods are in stock.

Come over to the REO suppliers forum and hang out for a while. The folks are very friendly and laid back and will not hesitate to answer any questions you have.

Reos Mods

I'll definitely second the Reo suggestion. I got the impression the OP would only be interested in tube mechs though.

Personally, the Reo is the only PV I use. There are a TON of fantastic and beautiful tube mechs out there, but the Reo is much more than a mere battery tube.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM

Reos Mods

Beat me to it... Ill tell ya right now, if your not restricting yourself to a tube mod... get a Reo... Rob is constantly working to improve the Reo (not that it needs improving) and keep it up to date... the reo is perfection (dripping the best way to vape... bottom fed so its like dripping without dripping) never had a vape like it, so simple, painless, nothing complicated

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I would recommend you take a look at the Poldiac from MMV. The new Version 2's have very clean lines. If you would need spare parts in the future, they have every single part available for purchase. They have all of there mods in stock for purchase at the present time. I ordered one early Friday before last and it was shipped Monday of this week from Greece and it was at my house in North Carolina on Wednesday. Two days from half way around the world.
I checked the voltage drop on it and it was .07 volts with a 1.5 ohm coil and .11 volts with a .98 ohm coil.
I am very pleased with my purchase and will surely be getting at least one more of them in the near future.

Poldiac | mmvapors.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread