Really big noob with a question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Hi all. I built my first mod this weekend. It's a puck that I know I spent way too much time building. But I had a blast doing it and it works great. My question is simple. Since I don't really want to get too complicated at this point, and I'm more concerned with practicality/aesthetics right now, is it as simple as taking a 4 x AAA battery box, wiring like is shown at this link, and encasing it in any box or tin I like?

Build Your Own Mod Any Way You Like. - The PUCK e-Cig Mod

And what if I wanted a number of LED lights? What would I need to do different to the diagram in the above link?

Right now, all I'm interested in is building a mod with 510 connection (instead of the 901 I just built), that is manually operated, works with a tank, and has some lights that light up when I push the button. And oh yeah, I kinda set on it being powered by AAA batteries.

Anyone care to share their version of the Puck?

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Yes, a basic puck is just that simple. Encasing it in some other container is an optional extra step, if you like. Some put battery contacts in whatever enclosure that they decide to make.

I'd suggest an on/off slide switch for extra safety in pockets and such. Many of the battery boxes already have those.

The simplest way to add extra LEDs would be to add extra parallel branches just like the single LED branch. That means a resistor and LED between the + and - sides, connected at the same places in the circuit as the one in the diagram.

Here's an old picture of my first puck, AAA version:

100_1561.jpg

It's still just fine. I built a AA version very similar, but it was destroyed by a 20' fall.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread