Really liked my eLeafs until this week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the eleaf Pico 25 and the older Pico. I always use tem mode, originally with nickel and now with SS. The earlier Pico would never work with SS. I used a Griffin rba 25 mm, originally it worked with a .24 ohm coil then it became unreliable, it would switch to the watt mode. I tried another coil .21 ohm same problem of switching to the watt mode. As far as I am concerned it is not usable in temp mode with SS coils.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It's not unusual to see limited life in internal battery mods. If they're clones (mostly sold on Ebay), the battery is probably a "c" bin reject.

I have never faced the 510 issue with any of my Picos. But I didn't get my first one until last Spring.

We spend less than $50 on an electronic device made in China. Getting a year or more out of it is success.

Not getting mods on EBay is a good first step. I only get non-electronic stuff there. It is beset by the clone hawkers.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've got the Eleaf Pico 25 and the older Pico. I always use tem mode, originally with nickel and now with SS. The earlier Pico would never work with SS. I used a Griffin RBA 25 mm, originally it worked with a .24 ohm coil then it became unreliable, it would switch to the watt mode. I tried another coil .21 ohm same problem of switching to the watt mode. As far as I am concerned it is not usable in temp mode with SS coils.

My 75's, Dual and new Ikonn 220 all do SS in TC with Arctic Fox, but that package is ummm... persnickety.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I can sincerely thank eLeaf for being cig free for 2+ years. I got my first silver 30watt (original iJust 2's). I got my first from our local headshop and overpaid but got me off cigs immediately. I always loved the large tanks. I saw online on eBay the same iJust 2 for likw 50% the price, grabbed it.. both worked great for months until one stopped charging, and then the other just would not hold a charge.
I sprung for not just one, not just 2, but now 3 iStick 30watts. My blue one after only 2-3 months is barely holding a charge... not enough to get me through the day. My black iStick stopped working, i continuously get the "atomizer short" error, i was able to kinda do the spin out a tad trick and it would work... but now no matter what tanks or coils/atomizers i use the same error... even with my 2 month old iPico which i was loving!
I am pretty upset as now i am lucky to get like 10 minutes worth of vaping on my blue iStick 30w... the other black one and pico just keep giving me that error. I tried cleaning them, no luck. I really liked the eLeaf line of products but i get no refunds, RMA, replacements, etc because i purchased from 3rd party site/shops. Even my local headshop wouldnt help me and said to contact the manufacturer.
Frustrated atm so much... I am not going to gibe up trying to fix these... or maybe i should, i ordered another online and hope it gets here ASAP.
Much love to all... i was a cig smoker for 15+ years... i am 33 and vaping has been awesome.
I just wish these units worked!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Outrageous. I been using my istick 30 and 40 for 2 years without a problem. The *vendor who sold it may be obligated to make amends. Might want to contact:
Address:
2630 Walnut Ave. Ste. F, Tustin, CA 92780
Email: service@eleafus.com
Phone: (855) 569 3168
Hours: Mon- Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm PST
Ask to speak to someone about a vendor problem. These folks helped me several times.

*Bought mine from a reputable vendor and found out before I (anticipated problems) purchased if they would standby the product.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Thank you all for the love and support! Here is a picture of what I currently have, from left to right I guess I can number them heh. I just purchased a few of those connectors mentioned above, grabbed a couple since they were cheap, I REALLY hope I can fix my Pico, I really loved it more than anything I've used.. I have no idea why, but I just liked it, and I was very iffy about the rechargeable batteries, but I bought 3-4 and a re charger for them and they charge/work great.

As to why I have purchased off eBay, mainly because they accept PayPal Credit and sometimes the deals look so good to be true, well they are I suppose =/

Starting from Left to Right, or Top to Bottom (not sure why pictures rotate lol):

1. Silver iJust2 (my 1st ever) lasted about a year purchased from local headshop, now unfortunately the button is sticky.. most likely got some juice drizzled down, and despite how many times I've tried to clean it, it just seems stuck. I went in once and the kid said no refunds and it was a long time since I had purchased it, plus it was a different kid working there... they are incredibly overpriced, he tried selling me something else and I said no thanks.

2. Silver iJust2 (bought off eBay), immediately did not work, actually if you can see I charged it after having it sit in a drawer for months, the white light you can see from the charging part stays stuck lit. I've never been able to get it to work, fortunately that eBay seller gave me a partial refund, then disappeared... so they must have been selling clones/rejects.. IDK.

3. iStick Pico. Purchased off eBay. This was my favorite, but after a few weeks I could tell that the area you spun your atomizer/tank was coming lose, like spinning. I super glued it down and it worked great for another few weeks... now the dreaded "Atomizer Short" error. I REALLY hope I can salvage this one, as I said I ordered those "connector-rings" from the Mad Vape site listed. I am hoping that solves the issue, I know this unit could use some cleaning, it definitely had to of gotten some tiny metal shaving/particles in it which could be the issue, I need to get an air-dust spray bottle and maybe try cleaning it out?

4. Black iStick 30w. Same issue as above, this was my original iStick 30w, and it worked for close to a year as well. I have a feeling it has the same issue as above, I really just need the time to clean them out, whether air-spray and/or Q-Tip/Alcohol like some have stated which I actually did once or twice and it helped resolve the issue on a unit in the past.

5. Blue iStick 30w. The battery is actually holding up great at the moment *please don't jinx myself*. It just doesn't seem to hit as "hard" as the black one, strange? So yeah, another one purchased from eBay.

I had purchased my cousin an iJust 2 from eBay close to a year ago, he barely uses it but says it still works great... he just keeps it at work, honestly when I first got my first iJust 2 I loved it.. it was all I needed and worked for a LONG time. I also got him an iStick 30w which he says still works great, but he likes the iJust 2 more since it's more simple and he's a little dangerous and destructive, so he's told me he's stuck to the "big silver one" lol.

Like I said I am hoping to maybe clean these up and fix them, as the guy posted above with the picture.. you honestly can never have enough.. I always liked keeping one at work, one in the car, and one or two at home.

If anyone can recommend a reliable website that accepts PayPal Credit I would 100% check them out. Even if not PayPal Credit, I am looking for something sturdy, as I work in a machine shop and it can be a "dangerous" environment, but I'm generally very careful with my "toys". I only mention the PayPal Credit b/c it is so easy and I generally try not to use my CC's besides for emergencies or gas heh.

You have all been so helpful, I appreciate the responses. Honestly if anyone is interested in any of these units for parts (besides my Blue iStick & Pico at the moment) feel free to message me, I will just mail them to you free of charge.. maybe someone can salvage something out of them.

If anyone wants to recommend something from somewhere that would get here by the end of the week (or Saturday) feel free to private message me, or post here.. I don't want anyone to get in trouble advertising or plugging anything or anywhere and getting in trouble, I am not sure of the rules here.

I thank eLeaf for getting me off cigarettes, it was June of 2015 that I got my 1st eLeaf iJust 30w and it got me off of cigarettes immediately, even after trying Chantix for weeks and weeks. I am located in Central, NJ.. we literally used to have 2 head-shops, and they were located in New Brunswick (Rutgers Campus), then 1 opened locally and won over all the rich kiddies in the area, the place I got my 1st iJust... but their prices are insane. Now we just about as many vape shops as we do Starbucks in the area it seems. I am located in Union, NJ.. roughly 30-45min drive to NYC without traffic. The only head-shop I visit is a little hole in the wall, and it's where I simply get my juice, they have the best prices, I've been sticking to KeepIt 100! As I love their 100ml bottles for $22 each, and love Krunchy Squares, I was going to my "original" shop and they wanted $25 per bottle of anything CuttWood or other well known brand names... for 20-25ml bottles, absurd!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20171114_162033.jpg
    20171114_162033.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Well I was actually able to get my black iStick working again, after just some rubbing alcohol/Q-tips as you can see... however I had to do the little "wiggle out" trick and it was working great. I think I jinxed myself because now it's giving me "atomizer short" and "atomizer low", but the black one was just working perfectly for about a minute. I am hoping those little spacers will do the trick. Tried the same with the Pico but no luck :(

EDIT: I literally just swapped tanks from the blue to the black, black to the blue and both units are working perfect for the time being... I guess they really needed some cleaning. I still think the black one will need some more maintenance but for the time being YAY! :) I am afraid to take either out, that is the unfortunate being of the "old" iJust2 tanks, once they are in their "homes", they can be very difficult to get out if they become too tight, and they can tighten themselves just being in your pocket in my experience.

I do not like that the blue unit is at 30watts and it feels like 10watts. I always liked the black one better, and it is set to 3.0v and working great.... time to start maintenance on the Pico!

Attachments

• 20171114_173303.jpg
    20171114_173303.jpg
    943.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well I was actually able to get my black iStick working again, after just some rubbing alcohol/Q-tips as you can see... however I had to do the little "wiggle out" trick and it was working great. I think I jinxed myself because now it's giving me "atomizer short" and "atomizer low", but the black one was just working perfectly for about a minute. I am hoping those little spacers will do the trick. Tried the same with the Pico but no luck :(

If you mean those little spacers from MadVapes I linked earlier, they work. Just be careful--they are tiny and easily get lost, especially when changing tanks etc. They tend to stick to the pin when wet. You've been warned.

Also, be gentle with your maintenance and never, ever over tighten your atties on your battery--that's everybody's first response when they get a no atomizer warning, but it's also the worst thing to do. Once you push that pin in, you'll have problems. And trying to pull the pin up with a screwdriver may damage the internal wires, so I generally do not recommend it--unless you're very, very gentle--just wiggle it a tad, just a hair, only enough to make contact.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If anyone can recommend a reliable website that accepts PayPal Credit I would 100% check them out.

Every (or most) overseas vendors accept PP--Fasttech, 3FVape, etc. Only domestic vendors don't because of those stupid PP anti-tobacco, anti-vaping regulations.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks, I checked out FastTech, nice site reminds me of NewEgg.. I have the black iStick 30w working "perfect" again, I guess it just needed a little cleaning. I get very superstitious in regards to what tanks are on which, I like to try and stay consistent with which is on which heh. I'll give it a day or two, hopefully they both continue to work, most especially the black one as it just seems to be more "powerful", I have no idea why... they have the same tanks, same atomizers, size and all... the Blue one does have an issue with charging. You know when you've probably had a cell phone or bad charger cable and had to sorta "angle" it or "bend" it to get it to stay in place and charge.. that is what the blue one started to do about a week ago.. so I'm guessing even though it's charging, it probably isn't getting a full charge. I have tried the eLeaf charger/plug that came with the unit but that one only seems to charge the black unit well. I remember when they both would charge off my laptop or PC fine, but now I charge the blue one off my cell phone charger's 2nd USB port via the wall-unit.

Just keeping my fingers crossed in regards to the black one at the moment!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
3. iStick Pico. Purchased off eBay. This was my favorite, but after a few weeks I could tell that the area you spun your atomizer/tank was coming lose, like spinning. I super glued it down and it worked great for another few weeks... now the dreaded "Atomizer Short" error.

Tried the same with the Pico but no luck :(

Well, you say you superglued the 510 connection on your Pico, so I don't know if that's salvageable. You may have damaged the electronic components permanently.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I remember when they both would charge off my laptop or PC fine, but now I charge the blue one off my cell phone charger's 2nd USB port via the wall-unit.

Charging from your computer is not recommended. Use the USB cable that came with your mod and a wall adapter (5V; 0.5-1A).

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Charging from ot recommended. Use the USB cable that came with your mod and a wall adapter (5V; 0.5-1A).

Meh on relying on budget mod's USB cables.
They're 37 cents of crap, usually with the micro end being just fractionally on the small end of the spectrum resulting in those annoying "loose" connections needing support or just the right angle... which just hastens the failure of the almost universally delicate mountings of USB daughter-boards.

I have (merely) decent USB cables (usually a data carrier) that make a solid connection even where the cheap ones won't.
And a pile of Emergency Spare Only cheap ones. :D
(With a dozen JoyeTech mods going back to my three i30s... that pile is substantial. Many still in their Eleaf boxes. :p )

Wall warts/transformers are a separate issue. But even the budget mod ones are suspect.
And I agree a phone charger may be dodgy too (what are the average charging specs for phones?).
I have a few nice 1A jobbies (maybe 2A, I forget) that I found for IIRC $3 each that power all manner of my small electronics... I'm loathe to charge off my laptops when I can avoid it. DNAs and ArcticFox let you turn that feature off. Takes a bit more planning with our LiPos but, a fried USB on a comp is a lot more trouble.
(AFAIK... all JT mods up through at least our VTCs pull 0.9A).

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Well, you say you superglued the 510 connection on your Pico, so I don't know if that's salvageable. You may have damaged the electronic components permanently.

I had gently glued down the part that sticks up as it literally popped out. After securing it down with glue it worked fine for over a month. It now just gives those "Atomizer Short" errors, I had it going with the little "spin out" trick for a bit, so the unit DOES work, however, it's a question of what is either shorting it out or if it needs more cleaning, or if those spacer/rings may fix the unit. If not I'll probably give up on it and toss it in the cigar box of "crap" I have. It just seems to be a matter of spacing, or shorting out, I tried both the tanks/atomizers that are working completely fine on the black/blue iSticks.

Hey, I'm incredibly happy that a little rubbing alcohol and a few Q-Tips did the trick, I do remember doing this a long time ago and it solved the issue.. as for the Pico, just a problem child IMO. I will be reporting the seller regardless to the contact listed above.. not that they can do much but why not?

I've always liked the Aspire coils, ahh I am not exactly sure what the stock size/brand was, I believe it may have been .3 by aspire... everyone on Reddit was saying go for the .5 Aspires as I kept getting that popped/clogged issue, I did the trick with the bobby pin on 2 of the wicks and it worked great, but I switched to the .5s and had no issues with them... they are larger, they do fit snug into the tanks, but they worked great for over a year, give or take on time.

What do you guys recommend for the replacement coils? I've had great success in the past with the Aspire Atlantis .5's, but I'm trying to narrow down my issues, and hopefully be problem free in the future.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Meh on relying on budget mod's USB cables.

I don't disagree. I've been using mine for years (almost 8 years, to be exact), never had a problem, but yes, they are cheap. If you have a better one, by all means... I just never felt like I needed a better one. YMMV
(what are the average charging specs for phones?)
My iPhone wall warts are 5V, 1A and work fine with ecigs (internal batteries). I also have a very good quality Joyetech adapter (5V, .5A)--much better quality than my iPhone warts (they also make a 1A adapter). ;)

eGo-T Wall Adaptor - Joyetech
1A Wall Adapter - Joyetech

But the majority of my mods now come with external batteries and those are charged always on an external charger (Nitecore and Xtar).

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Well my black iStick is still going great knock on wood, same with the blue one despite the seemingly soft output and short battery life. I did order some new toys online, one from one of the sites mentioned above. I can never have enough, especially considering that the country wants to ban vaping LMAO. Government is such a joke, first with the "exploding" nonsense, yeah that lasted long, and now the uneducated, cherry picking negatives, no statistics, no research, etc... news stories we see on our local news all over the country.

The government, rather big Tobacco just loves to grease those palms, being the media, and the lobbyists in DC. Same nonsense regarding Kratom, the herbal "supplement" that is "dangerous!" lol... if you've ever seen, known, or personally had the stuff you know how harmless it is, and the media loves to toss out fake news, wow I just said it, that's Trump's line... but it literally is all FAKE NEWS, not even just fake, just not factual, just garbage attempts at ruining things that are helping 999 out of 1000 people on a daily basis. Yeah, my stats aren't accurate, but I bet they are more accurate and reliable than what Fox 5 News tries telling people 1-2 nights a week.

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fog n Vape

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Apologies, I sometimes rant on between here and another forum.

Thankfully my iStick 30w (black) is working great... received my new Pico 75Watt, working great... I think I'm going to stick to the stock tank that came with it (Melo III Mini?), think that is what it's called. I'm waiting on 2 other units I ordered online (another iStick 30w and some other brand I've never heard of.. figured give it a shot.)

I really like the Pico, I will probably keep this one at home nice and safe, depends on how I like the other two, how they operate, etc..,

Vaping has saved my life, 2+ years, I thank eLeaf for that so much and love their products, disregard my topic heh. I work at a small machine shop, you would think there would be at least 1 cigarette smoker out of my 20+ co-workers, not one smoker.. besides our boss who smokes like 2 packs a day, as well as our new receptionist (co-workers wife) who just got hired, and literally rushes her cig breaks within 30-60sec and tosses it... talk about a waste.

I noticed my boss had a unit on his desk and asked him about it, he said he only smokes cigarettes 3 days a week, lol... the dude is outside every 20 minutes 5 days a week. But hey, he's the boss he can do what he wants. Just insane that I'm the only "smoker" on staff, and vape.. and they give me crap about it whenever I pop outside, so now I just go into the bathroom or exhale into one of our intake valves that suck up scraps off the floor lol. We have no chemicals or anything toxic inside our shop, just a lot of paper as we have a nice assembly line of minimum wage immigrants who have the "fear of life" stricken into them it seems. One guy yelled at me to wait for our 15 minute break from 9-9:15am to send a text message lol, so yeah I love these folks but I keep reminding them that they MADE it to AMERICA, this is AMERICA, if you want to take a break go ahead for heck's sake. We punch in at 7am, and punch out at 3:30pm (if lucky), I am the shipping/receiving manager and delivery guy so I at least get to hang out near the dock a lot to receive shipments as well as load outgoing trucks, as well as take our truck out which I vape in carefree. I should probably buy some of those wipes for the glass but I don't see any grime or anything on the glass like I've seen people state before with concerns to vaping in their cars.

I love vaping, love eLeaf, and I love seeing others on the Garden State Parkway and NJ Turnpike vaping as we are all stuck in traffic on a daily basis and you can see the puffs of smoke go up from nearby cars :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread