Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've got the eleaf Pico 25 and the older Pico. I always use tem mode, originally with nickel and now with SS. The earlier Pico would never work with SS. I used a Griffin rba 25 mm, originally it worked with a .24 ohm coil then it became unreliable, it would switch to the watt mode. I tried another coil .21 ohm same problem of switching to the watt mode. As far as I am concerned it is not usable in temp mode with SS coils.
I use both my Picos exclusively in ss mode and I've had zero problems with them.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I wish I knew more about the modes, my new iPico is in Watt mode I guess, I was using the stock tank and coil/atomizer but it had to be kept at a lower Watt, like 20w or under, otherwise those long pulls and such would get that dry taste. I tossed on one of my iJust2 tanks (I've got about 4-5 of them now), and it has a .5 Aspire Atlantis coil (20-30watt ones) on it (or atomizer, I forget the darn names of these parts). Anyway, I'm keeping it around 24watts and it's working perfectly. Those little .24/.25 coils always seem to work nice, but like I said gives me less "longer" pulls, as you can kinda feel it dry up... Sad that I'm still in the learning process of all this after 2 years of vaping hehe.

BTW there is my new little white baby. I opted to go white instead of black again.. I'm very superstitious, and wasn't getting a pink one. I literally went through 2 Green Razer Naga Hex mice.. yes off topic, unrelated, I loved the mouse/design so much but after the 2nd (and they are expensive gaming mice!) I figured, let me try the RED one for the heck of it.. and wouldn't you know it, the Red mouse was PERFECT, has always been, still is, even bought a 2nd as a backup just to always have a backup. I tossed out one of the green ones as it was glitching all over, horrible for gaming especially FPS (shooters) games, I still have a green one that I keep as a 3rd backup or use when I travel, but it's so odd that the colors of things can determine reliablity (in my superstitious mind). It's like the assembly line workers for Color Green were all newbs or intoxicated, yet the guys on the Red line were all spot on and perfect... meh beats the heck out of me.

I can tell already that this new white unit is heavier, much sturdier, and I pray will be reliable for a long time compared to the black one I got.. in which I am waiting for the seller to send me a replacement as he agreed without even a question to send me another one FREE of charge off eBay lol. I could tell the black one is lighter, was flimsier right out of the box when I got it... so clearly a clone or something. I'll see what he sends me in replacement lol.

I know that all these 3rd party sellers send the units in boxes, shrink wrapped to look professional, heck I have a shrink wrapper at work I can toss any box through and have whatever come out looking "factory sealed", I wouldn't be surprised if they have these all over the place, especially China where most of the Overseas "knock-offs" come from.

Attachments

• 20171117_212243.jpg
    20171117_212243.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I wish I knew more about the modes, my new iPico is in Watt mode I guess, I was using the stock tank and coil/atomizer but it had to be kept at a lower Watt, like 20w or under, otherwise those long pulls and such would get that dry taste. I tossed on one of my iJust2 tanks (I've got about 4-5 of them now), and it has a .5 Aspire Atlantis coil (20-30watt ones) on it (or atomizer, I forget the darn names of these parts). Anyway, I'm keeping it around 24watts and it's working perfectly. Those little .24/.25 coils always seem to work nice, but like I said gives me less "longer" pulls, as you can kinda feel it dry up... Sad that I'm still in the learning process of all this after 2 years of vaping hehe.

Doesn't matter if it's 2 years, 2 months or 5 years and up. You never stop learning, even if you only learn a little bit at a time.

Vape on!

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Actually forgot to ask... my White iPico came with some spare O-rings, a spare 30-100w .5 coil, but it looks more like a .25 sized one to me, but what do I know. My last iPico just came with the unit, same tank, but NO extra coil, no extra O-rings....

It came with a USB charger (no wall unit), manual, obviously the unit (w/ out a battery), and the Mico III tank setup.

Just like to document what I got. I know that when I've purchased iSticks I have had them all come sealed in box, yet one came with a wall charger once, and one did not. One came with no USB cable, so those are red flags or at least indicators that whomever was selling them were re-packaging.

Question being, are they supposed to come with wall adapters?

Reactions: stols001

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Jayburn, the spare coil will have markings on it that tell you which it is. The EC coils for many of the eleaf tanks come in several ratings and types, yet look the same for the most part. I think the blue and red band versions are for temperature control use only.

• Agree

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Actually forgot to ask... my White iPico came with some spare O-rings, a spare 30-100w .5 coil, but it looks more like a .25 sized one to me, but what do I know. My last iPico just came with the unit, same tank, but NO extra coil, no extra O-rings....

It came with a USB charger (no wall unit), manual, obviously the unit (w/ out a battery), and the Mico III tank setup.

Just like to document what I got. I know that when I've purchased iSticks I have had them all come sealed in box, yet one came with a wall charger once, and one did not. One came with no USB cable, so those are red flags or at least indicators that whomever was selling them were re-packaging.

You have to read the fine print. Not all come with wall adapter. Your tank is the Mello III. The coils will look almost identical regardless of Ω. The Ω will be stamped on each individual coil and the interior of the coil may be different. The housing is generally the same size.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
You have to read the fine print. Not all come with wall adapter. Your tank is the Mello III. The coils will look almost identical regardless of Ω. The Ω will be stamped on each individual coil and the interior of the coil may be different. The housing is generally the same size.

Thanks, yeah the spare is a 30-100watt, 0.5q... that is what is in the Melo III atm. I generally read the specs on the sites/listings, they usually always match up.. here is the back of the iPico box, I scratched the thingie off on the right, I got a feeling this was/is a legit iPico compared the the other one I had which just seemed so flimsy, lighter, and like I said I had to superglue down the spot where the tank twisted into... it worked for a few weeks after that, but could tell it was junky, which is unlike most eLeaf products I have had that have all worked great until I beat them up enough.. but heck 1-2 units a year is still better than 1 pack of cigs a day IMO.

Attachments

• 20171118_122207.jpg
    20171118_122207.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 12

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

No. All Eleaf mods come with a black usb cable in a long box inside the main box.

I use the 0.5ohm coil (a lot) that Eleaf make. I vape it at 30-40 (max). It is not a 100w coil, not in this galaxy. If you vape it even at 60w, you can expect no lifespan and burnt hits.

Oddly enough, I found my Melo III tank yesterday and filled it up with some nice juice and have been using it all day. I gave up on it a few days after buying it (last year), but actually it's not that bad.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Totally agree it is a very nice little tank, my iJust2 Tanks are both working fine on the new iPico... I received my little "spacer-rings" I ordered for my old iPico, unfortunately no luck. Going to try giving it another cleaning and mess around. The unit's battery life, etc.. are all perfectly fine... there's just something shortening it out still. I had it going for a bit without the spacer with the old "twist it out a tad" trick, but that isn't working anymore. So the unit works fine, but I just need to work with it a tad more, I'm running out of old cigar boxes for junk hehe..

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Whoops duplicate post.. welp I'm glad I found my old Melo III tank too I had put in the "good" cigar box of stuff.

Of course the black iStick I've been discussing acted up when I put a different tank/atomizer on it... so I'm going to keep that tank specifically for that unit. As for the new iPico it's working great with one of my old iJust2 tanks and works great with the Melo's.

I get scared using these old iJust2 tanks on the new iPico, but they've worked great.. I will most likely stick to the 1 I have "dedicated" to it, and use the Melo's while at home... since it's easier to refill at home vs on the road or at work.. I unfortunately do not have a nice office anymore at my new job :(

I'll have to buy a couple more plastic rings and color coordinate which tank for which unit. The only thing that scares me about the older iJust2 tanks is that the tank becomes so tightly bound to the atomizer part, I'm not tightening them together that much, just enough, but I guess from being in the pocket or whatever.. ugh... luckily I have a pair of these pretty metal friendly/safe pliers that I can lock onto the atomizer and twist the tank off like opening a pickle jar sometimes... I really need to invest into new atomizer/tanks, something like the Melo III's but just larger.. and can be filled from the top avoiding the whole taking off and detachment process together.

I only vape the iPico around 22-24Watts, never need anymore than that. I completely understand the person who said that 30Watts+ etc are too much...

Last edited:

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Both units are still rocking nice, and the old iStick 30w (black) has held up fine, but I keep it at home due to the lighter battery life. I received my Ovancl 40W Mod Box.. it was off FastTech or one of the site's mentioned, took no more than 2 weeks maybe to get, if that. It looks like a zippo lighter literally, but suprisingly it is built pretty nicely, it's like a brick but I'm wondering how long it'll last as I just charged it up. It turns on and off like an eLeaf with the 3 clicks. It has a light for 20w, 30w, 40w, whenever I pull off it with my iJust2 tank on it with .5 atomizers it lights up at 20w, Seems perfect, I'm not sure if it's possible to change, the thing literally came with no instructions just in a bag from China hehe. It also came with a pretty neat Mesh net that I could probably fit 2-3 mods into, or maybe a bottle of juice. Either way for 12.99 not bad. I will certainly not lean on this as my " go to", as I have been satisfied with my new iPico and new iStick.... but really cool, thanks to whomever mentioned that website!

Attachments

• 8075001-3.jpg
    8075001-3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 16

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Not to beat an old bush around but after I guess a few weeks I've been leaning on my new iPico which has been great. I've realized my issues mainly been the iJust2 Tanks, as much as I love em. I found this Black Uwell (or whatever) I totally forgot I had ordered a long time ago. I still need to figure out the "atomizer" situation as it's different than all the eLeaf tanks I've used, but real sturdy, heavy, and works PERFECTLY on the eLeaf units I had issues with (w/ eLeaf tanks).

So now having a new tank that works I'm pretty happy, in the picture you can see it's on my iPico and I'm currently vaping LOADED Cookie Butter, actually a tad bit tasier than the Krunchie Kookies from KeepIt100 which was my go to for awhile, same with Ugly Butter forget who made it but they had some cool novelty RX bottles they came in that were HUGE and very useful as I am an IT tech and always need to toss screws and little tools in things... luckily the kid at my shop I go to just gives them to me as most customers don't care for em.

I ordered a SMOK starter kit, the mod unit looks like a beefed up original iJust 2, just a "lightsaber", I really just wanted the 5ml tank. I vape a lot driving around for work and need something sturdy, and enjoy the top opening of those tanks to fill up. Kid I work with has some beefy mod unit with a similar tank and loves it, but he also smokes about a pack of smokes a day too... but I still have 0 interest in cigarettes... just no interest in cigs thank god, never thought I'd see the day. All the money invested into vaping vs what I would have paid the past 2yrs for a pack of smokes a day is just a fraction and it's nice having extra money to save, or if like me literally upgraded my PC for about $600'sh give or take with rebates... I wouldn't have had that money if I kept smoking cigs I know that for sure!

The other picture is just of what I will be getting, called the Big Baby V8 Stick or something, I'm mostly interested in the tank, but maybe the unit will be a tad easier to bring along for work.. we are outside a lot climbing ladders and what not and smacking into stuff and I guess the more compact the better. I've always loved the Aspire Atlantis .5 coils, I like the intake, but they really aren't the most reliable as literally in a 6 pack I always get 1 or 2 that just aren't recognized, and it's confusing whether or not it's them or the tank, and a lot of cases it was the atomizers not the tank.

I'll have to find new atomizers that are similar I think, not sure what people would recommend, not sure what I will need until I really investigate this Uwell tank I have, I'm not a fan of how they come apart so easily, tank, rings, etc and all... but very sturdy.

If there was any design flaw in the iPico's like mentioned above, it's mainly just the dang battery cap being so large. You can see how snug it is with the tank, I can't twist the "vents" so I have to make sure they are open before I twist the sucker on, but this black tank has worked on every one of my eLeaf units besides my original Black iPico that I really did beat up pretty well, but that's life. I'm really digging the little silver OVANCL whatever, I keep it at 20w or 30w, it's so simple, light, and does the trick.. was a great find off the site someone mentioned above, thank you. IMG_20171210_172019283.jpg s-l500.jpg

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I just got my SMOK Starter Kit with it's BigBaby V8 5ml tank and LOVE it! This this is great, it reminds me of my original iJust 2 so much. The tank is beautiful, I will need to grab another, unfortunately they always have to come with a kit usually.

My newest iStick has already given me problems, I'm blaming the iJust 2 tanks that I've used. Other brand's tanks were working fine, but even my new iPico took a turn for the worse... as you can see I have one of those little "spacer" rings in place, using the smaller Melo III tank just so I don't have to spin the tank off to fill, so it'll stay like that and be my home unit.... I tried the spacer on my new black iStick but no luck... and I'm growing tired of mods that plug in at the bottom anyway, literally who designed that rofl... people like to keep their tanks upwards and in the unit charging, not sideways....

Well I've documented my journey, I'll continue to... the SMOK Starter is a little thicker than the old iJust 2, the tank is as large as that unit's tank which I loved forever, but I think I found my new baby :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20171215_195635930.jpg
    IMG_20171215_195635930.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20171215_194004781.jpg
    IMG_20171215_194004781.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20171215_195644014.jpg
    IMG_20171215_195644014.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I like the looks of the Smoant Battlestar I think I'm going to grab one of those. I ordered SMOK Alien 220w too, I've seen what they've been through on some of our job sites/experiences and seem sturdy. As much as I love the old "lightsaber" designs, they are always bound for drip damage if not careful, no matter how good it seems... one day they'll figure out how to make them "water-proof" or juice proof properly, but they don't want to... regarding manufacturers, they like selling stuff and don't want a reason to stop. Marketing 101.

I wish the BB tank would fit the iPico, I know it would work fine, but that "design-flaw" doesn't let the tank fit thanks to the poorly placed battery cap.

What tank is on that iStick Bob?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I like the looks of the Smoant Battlestar I think I'm going to grab one of those. I ordered SMOK Alien 220w too, I've seen what they've been through on some of our job sites/experiences and seem sturdy. As much as I love the old "lightsaber" designs, they are always bound for drip damage if not careful, no matter how good it seems... one day they'll figure out how to make them "water-proof" or juice proof properly, but they don't want to... regarding manufacturers, they like selling stuff and don't want a reason to stop. Marketing 101.

I wish the BB tank would fit the iPico, I know it would work fine, but that "design-flaw" doesn't let the tank fit thanks to the poorly placed battery cap.

What tank is on that iStick Bob?

Strange that domestic ecig sites won't take paypal because of pp's policies on ecigs, but ebay owns paypal and they'll ONLY accept paypal. I have to do the same thing, buying off ebay, because of that policy.

Two things to remember about ebay vendors. Always look for "authentic", not only in the title but in the body of the ad. Sometimes they only fess up to being clones in the smaller print. That's especially true with tanks and coils. Also, Smok and some other manufacturers use anti-counterfeiting codes. Use them.

Get a skin for that Alien. Aliens are notorious for having less than rugged paint jobs, although I think they've improved it in the newer version. It's still worth having and using. I like Smok mods, but their paintjobs aren't the most durable. I have an X-Cube that looks like hell after just 8 months and I have an inside office job.

Oh yeah, and check out the X-Baby tank. I got one on a G-Priv 2 I recently bought off ebay and it's the most non-leaky tank I've ever had. With both a top fill and top air slots mine hasn't leaked a single drop since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread