Really need help with my SMOK Trophy V2 and K100 mechanical mod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonDog13

Oct 10, 2014
Missouri
So yesterday my e cig started started tasting burnt. I looked up what that could be and attempted to fix it. I tried cleaning the tank and the head then dry burning the coil. After no luck, I inserted another (brand new) head. It also tasted burnt. I figured it was just from the "factory stuff" and it being new. So I let the juice soak in for a while, and I even took about 15 drags. The taste never went away. I don't know how to fix this problem. Please help!:unsure:

MoonDog13

Oct 10, 2014
Missouri
When you installed the new head did you prime it? If not, that is why it tasted burnt.
Priming a new atty head:
Install the new head, 4-5 dry puffs (no power), short (1 sec) puffs until vapor production starts.
Or
Let the tank sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the wick to become saturated with juice.
Yes I did. I puffed it a few short times, and allowed probably 30 minutes for the wicks to saturate. Then I put about 10 puffs through it and it still tasted poorly.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
Do Not have that tank but do have a Protank 3. I use it on a 18650 VV Mod. I can Vape 1.5 and 1.8 ohm coils at 4.8 volts without a problem [Vapor is a little warm for my tastes]. I usually set it to 4 volts. In a Mech with a fully charged battery you should be at 4.2 volts Max and my K100 had .5 volt voltage drop. Not sure what what the problem is. I would make sure the E Liquid you use is at least 25% PG. Otherwise maybe just crappy coil heads.

wa9w00d

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Dexter, Ga.
Every person's taste is different. Is this the only setup you have? The 1.8 ohm doesn't sound too far out, but without a way to dial back the power, it's gonna be hard to isolate where the problem is. If you can get a higher ohm coil and try it, that would be about the cheapest way to establish a new data point. Also, e-juice tends to "change" with age. Usually a good one gets better, but sometimes a marginal one will just get worse. Again, just a personal taste observation.

sysmaxshine

Moved On
Oct 9, 2014
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, if I burn juice in the tank from to much power, I trash the juice that was in the tank. Actually, the coil goes and the tank gets a bath.

I noticed that you mention that you have only one system...I have spares. When something happens that I don't understand, I load up a spare MOD and, then, try to figure out what went wrong with my first. Also, a spare is there when I break the first. I don't hear about it much, but a thief can steal a system if I leave it sit in the wrong place. Always good to have a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread