Rebuildable atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
OK, so I'm ready to jump aboard the rebuildable atomizer train, but I'm having a bit of a time finding the info that I need to buy a ticket. I've been less than overly present on the forums for some time now and all the threads that I'm sure have the info that I need are chock full of post after post after post, and TBH, while I wouldn't mind reading through a couple of threads with 100+ posts, I don't have time to read through tons of long threads in HOPES of finding the info that I need (this being said after reading 3 such threads). So much of the threads I've found are old enough that the links or buying info are past their expiration date.

Here's what I need to know:

What are our options as reonaughts regarding rebuildable atomizers? Which units (or family of units) work?
Where can I buy one?
So long as folks are at it.....is there a tutorial for said units?

Thanks in advance folks. I know this cry for help makes me look lazy, but I assure you, I am not. Reo love.

CUOFFRDGA

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Ball Ground, GA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351952939.801598.jpg
Here is one I have. It's called TS atty.
It's all stainless, no wire mesh. Vapor and taste are amazing!!

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
What about these. They are supposed to be bottom fed too. has anyone tried them. They are called the A7. I am a lottle worried about using a RBA on a VV device as I know they can be shorted out. Just wondering if the VV Reo has protection to avoid shorting. I have a Vmax that I fried with an RBA just don't want the same to happen to my Reos.
P9183039l__20765.1347945244.1280.1280.jpg

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
What about these. They are supposed to be bottom fed too. has anyone tried them. They are called the A7. I am a lottle worried about using a RBA on a VV device as I know they can be shorted out. Just wondering if the VV Reo has protection to avoid shorting. I have a Vmax that I fried with an RBA just don't want the same to happen to my Reos.
P9183039l__20765.1347945244.1280.1280.jpg

Karla, I'm using an A7 on my REOs....it works great. I also have a Chalice II, and an ERA that both work great, too. The A7 is a nice little RBA. I absolutely love the rebuildables....will never go back to using pre-made attys again. On the A7, the bottom end (that screws into the REO) can be adjusted (screwed in and out) a little. I just make sure that the center post is not sticking out too much below the threaded piece. You can screw it in our out a little with a small screwdriver, or even a dime. :)

Rob is going to be offering a rebuildable next Saturday on his site that will work on the bigger REOs (just not the Mini) so I'm for sure wanting one of those. You'll love the A7, by the way. I sure do. There's a whole thread about them here on the REOs forum....happy reading.

Jan

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
They work great Karla. I am using them side by side with my ERA and although the ERA looks better, I actually like the A7's performance a touch better. I am using them on my Grand and VV Grand. No adapter needed. Very forgiving and long time between squonks as the well holds a lot of juice. I do use an o-ring in between the top cap and the bottom as one of mine was prone to seeping a bit at that point. I bought some more of them and noticed the next batch had a small clear oring included at that spot.

Easily my favorite RBA so far.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
A7 works plays well with GRands and VV Grands as the above Reonauts said. Some people say the draw is too light on it and that its too tall. It vapes very well and is solidly built out of stainless steel. Everyones opinions on RBAs are like opinions on cartos, attys, religion and presidential nominees. I plugged an air hole on mine so that the draw tightened up. Others like the draw. I'm cheap so I thought making my own coils would save money but the real benefit is a better vape than you can get with standard attys and cartos.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A7 works plays well with GRands and VV Grands as the above Reonauts said. Some people say the draw is too light on it and that its too tall. It vapes very well and is solidly built out of stainless steel. Everyones opinions on RBAs are like opinions on cartos, attys, religion and presidential nominees. I plugged an air hole on mine so that the draw tightened up. Others like the draw. I'm cheap so I thought making my own coils would save money but the real benefit is a better vape than you can get with standard attys and cartos.

LOL, ltrainer. That is exactly what I thought....that I'd save some money with the rebuildables. I had NO idea that they would be soooo much better than ANY pre-made atty/carto I'd ever used. Now that I've used rebuildables, I'll NEVER go back to standard attys. I couldn't believe how awesome the vape is. For anyone who is on the fence, believe me....it's worth it to switch over. Rebuildables are the best thing that's happened to vaping since variable voltage.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for the input. I have 2 coming so I am very happy to hear you all like them. I don't know what it is but i have some genesis atties that cost a boatload of money and I still keep coming back to me Reos. So I figured a rebuildable on a Reo would be the perfect combination. :)

You're absolutely right, it IS the PERFECT combination. Totally.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I've been strictly rebuildables since the Chalice came out in the summer. Now I'm still using the Chalice, plus the ERA and the A7.

Yesterday, on a whim, I thought I should check out some of my old stash of atties to see if these new toys are really all that good or if its all in my head.

I tried a 357, IKV canon, IKV 801, Cisco 306 and Cisco and IKV 901's (my old favorites). Now these were all previously used, but had been cleaned and vodka soaked before I put them away in the apocalypse stash.

All I can say is YUCK! They were GOD AWFUL. Some were a touch better than others, but I got thin vapor at best and extremely muted flavor. I realized right then and there I had no reason to hang onto these relics of the not so distant vaping past. Honestly, I could not understand how these were enough to get me to quit smoking. Luckily, they did the job at the time.

This vaping trip has been a wild ride. There have definitely been times where I've felt like I'd been taken a step backwards, but overall its been a steady progression of better and better.

I'm happy to report that I will be celebrating my one year anniversary later this month, and am beyond satisfied with the quality of vape I am getting these days. So much so, that October was the first month since I started vaping that I have not made one single vaping related purchase! (September was quite pricey with two VVG's and two ERA's).

I have enough DIY supplies to make around 250mls of juice, two VVG's, one Grand, Two ERA's, one Chalice, batteries, and enough Kanthal and cotton to re-wick everything for the next couple of years.

Can it get any better than this? Perhaps. I know Rob must have another trick or two up his sleeve. Until then I'll be sittin' here in the corner vapin' my face off...
:vapor:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I could have written your post! That's EXACTLY how I feel, hildicat. I've been doing this for almost 2 & 1/2 years, and I feel like I have finally found the perfect combination of everything! I already miss my mailman. I know that there will be a few things I'll want (one of Rob's new rebuildables) or need, like maybe more flavorings for my DIY, or maybe a drip tip here and there....but I feel like I have "arrived" at vaping Nirvana. I have saved lots of money over cigarettes....even with all the toys I've purchased, and all the supplies (attys, cartos, pre-made juices) I've gone through, but I feel like I'm coming into a new era (no pun intended) of my vaping where I can stick for awhile and really quit buying everything. I may swap a few things around, but I think that I've basically made my "investment" and can now just tweek what I have. In the foreseeable future, I think the only thing I might HAVE to buy would be replacement batteries and maybe a charger. It's actually a comfortable place to be for awhile.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I agree hildicat 100% ..... I have 4 REOs loaded up.

VV Woodvil with Chalice ..... used 99% of the time
VV Grand with Cisco bridgless ..... had the same juice and battery in it for at least 2 weeks.
Grand with a shorty 2 ohm carto ..... going to dump the juice and pitch the carto when i get around to it.
Woodvil with Cisco bridgless ..... used the remaining 1% but thats because I love the mod ... not the setup :)

The Chalice is really that much superior to my Cisco's IMHO. (I'm sure other RBAs are as well)
I don't really have any desire to buy anything other than 2 more MB Chalice attys though. They just look better to me and I don't mind the steep price tag all that much.

I will admit I'm becoming really fond of Genesis devices as well ... just wish they were shaped like a REO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread