Rebuilding the aspire dual coil heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Hi all, I am posting here because it seems too be the best place for this. I know we all know about rebuilding the kanger style single coil heads and there have been a couple videos out of people attempting to rebuild the aspire dual coils also. I have rebuilt two of the dual coil heads successfully an one of those at a .9 ohm although I had to put two additional feeding holes in it to have it be able to keep feeding the coils properly. I used premade resistance non resistant wires both 1.8 ohm for a nice warm .9 ohm vape. My next attempt will be with the bottom coil being just resistance wire and the top being a no res/res coil. I will take and post pictures here soon on how I did this I would do a video but I don't have a decent camera at the moment. I know people will say that the replacement heads are cheap enough that it's not necessary to rebuild these, but being the tinkerer that I am I had to try and see if it was possible. More to come later. If anyone else has done this please feel free to post your results here.

Jargon

Jul 8, 2012
Greece
RBA clones are dirt cheap these days. Do yourself a favor and buy one and spent your rebuilding energy there. In my book, it is a waste of time and resources trying to rebuild those since no matter what a nice RBA will outperform them any time of the day and it's easier to buid. Kayfun, Taifun, Genesis style, Aqua, Fogger many choices at arround $20-25 shipped so I am sure you will find something that suits your taste. This is my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread