Received my first Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
Hello everyone, I finally pulled the trigger on a black v 2.5 Provari a few day ago and received it yesterday. Been vaping on it on a Kangerteck the entire day and it is amazing. I'm waiting for a Phiniac tank and boge cartos to arrived, don't know much about those tanks only the few things I read, what do you guys think of the Phiniac tank and a Provari? Never tried a tank with a carto before. Since I started vaping it always been the vivi nova and Kanger.

VaperBart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
St. Pete Florida, USA
First off congrats on your ProVari....i love mine and use it daily. I also am a carto tank guy and use Boge LR cartos in all my tanks. I don't have any Phiniac tanks but id imagine it would look great on the ProVari. Since you are a new carto tank user be sure and prime your carto good before you put it in the tank as not to burn it right off the bat. Also be sure you punch the right number of holes in the carto according to the thickness of your juice. thinner juice will need only 1 hole where thicker juices will need 2 holes to keep the carto fed with juice. my ADV is Boba's Bounty and that stuff is thick thick as it is 100% VG and i punch 2 holes and it works great. Of course the hole punching goes out the window if you have pre-punched or laser cut holes in the cartos but same applies when ordering pre-punched to order 1 hole or 2 hole cartos.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Congrats on the Provari! :toast:

I have a Phiniac tank. Nice tanks. It will be a little wider than the Provari in diameter, but that's cool. You'll find that the Phiniac's o-rings are pretty tight and you may have some difficulty inserting the carto in it. Lubricate the carto with some e-liquid and use a twisting motion to encourage it into the tank. I also highly recommend that you get a tank accessory tool like the Slap Yo Moma to protect those o-rings from too much wear and tear when you put the cartos in; it will also make filling/refilling your tank much easier and quicker.

I've done a cartotank tutorial in my blog that you might find useful: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Enjoy your new setup! :headbang:

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Phiniac tank with color sand-blast design, on Elegance end caps.

Last edited:

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
First off congrats on your ProVari....i love mine and use it daily. I also am a carto tank guy and use Boge LR cartos in all my tanks. I don't have any Phiniac tanks but id imagine it would look great on the ProVari. Since you are a new carto tank user be sure and prime your carto good before you put it in the tank as not to burn it right off the bat. Also be sure you punch the right number of holes in the carto according to the thickness of your juice. thinner juice will need only 1 hole where thicker juices will need 2 holes to keep the carto fed with juice. my ADV is Boba's Bounty and that stuff is thick thick as it is 100% VG and i punch 2 holes and it works great. Of course the hole punching goes out the window if you have pre-punched or laser cut holes in the cartos but same applies when ordering pre-punched to order 1 hole or 2 hole cartos.

Thank you for the advise, I will keep it in mind!!

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
Congrats on the Provari! :toast:

I have a Phiniac tank. Nice tanks. It will be a little wider than the Provari in diameter, but that's cool. You'll find that the Phiniac's o-rings are pretty tight and you may have some difficulty inserting the carto in it. Lubricate the carto with some e-liquid and use a twisting motion to encourage it into the tank. I also highly recommend that you get a tank accessory tool like the Slap Yo Moma to protect those o-rings from too much wear and tear when you put the cartos in; it will also make filling/refilling your tank much easier and quicker.

I've done a cartotank tutorial in my blog that you might find useful: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Enjoy your new setup! :headbang:

View attachment 227757 Phiniac tank with color sand-blast design, on Elegance end caps.

video l;ink was great also
Got it Baditude!! I had read your writing before and that was the one that made me try out the carto. You made it look so easy and the video link also helped. Thank you so much for the link it was awesome and a great tutorial!!

Mario87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Miami, Florida
If I remember right (it's been many years ago) analogs are high dollar in Fla. So just look at the Wife's ProVari as a month or less of analogs and BAM you've saved money. Not even to mention a life.

Yes they are kind of expensive, we smoked Parliaments and if you bought them on the streets they are over $7.00 a pack. We were going thru a carton every 5 days. Don't know about the saving money but at this point I really don't care as long as she is not smoking analogs. The deal on the Provari with her went like this, " I will buy you the Provari if you stop smoking that ONE cigarette a day that you are still smoking" ( Proud of her, since last month she went from a pack a day to one a day). She agreed, she has been analog free since I order the Provari for her.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My wife has finally quit smoking with the help of Wellbutrin. She didn't want to have to deal with battery charging, refilling, and keeping up with an ecig. She calls it a crutch. Everyone to their own devices, I guess. She thinks that since I have been vaping for over 3 years that I'm still addicted to nicotine. She's right, but nic isn't the bad part of smoking. I'm not getting 4000 trash chemicals in my vape.

I can quit ecigs any time I want to. I just don't want to. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm hooked on my Provari.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Apparently I'm missing something, but I have to ask: why is the Provari held in such high regard compared to Vivi Nova? Sure, I understand the personal preferences dynamic, but am I missing another aspect of it? More to the point, I'm looking at Vivi Nova as extremely low maintenance. I unscrew the cap, drip my juice and I'm good to go, only having to occasionally replace heads. Great vapor, satisfying TH and flavor, very cost efficient if I need to replace tanks or attys. So, why would I want to buy cartos again, and then even have to punch them? Keep in mind, I'm most definitely not knocking Provari users, just curious to know if there's a benefit I'm overlooking. Thanks, folks!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Apparently I'm missing something, but I have to ask: why is the Provari held in such high regard compared to Vivi Nova? Sure, I understand the personal preferences dynamic, but am I missing another aspect of it? More to the point, I'm looking at Vivi Nova as extremely low maintenance. I unscrew the cap, drip my juice and I'm good to go, only having to occasionally replace heads. Great vapor, satisfying TH and flavor, very cost efficient if I need to replace tanks or attys. So, why would I want to buy cartos again, and then even have to punch them? Keep in mind, I'm most definitely not knocking Provari users, just curious to know if there's a benefit I'm overlooking. Thanks, folks!

Nothing wrong with the vivi novas.. if they work for you that's great. I used them and liked them at the time. But the vivi nova is a juice delivery system, the Provari is the device that powers the juice delivery system. Not the same thing.. two different things. You don't have to buy and punch cartos if you don't want to. I used cartos in tanks for a long time and liked them at the time also.

My juice delivery systems may have changed.. but the device that powers them hasn't :D (and won't)

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
The reason ProVari is held in such high regards is because it's the best device on the market right now. I wish I lived closer so you could taste the difference. Many people hold the vivi in just as high regards. Whatever delivery system you use will be enhanced by the ProVari. Unless you want to go sub ohm the ProVari doesn't do that. It's not just a variable voltage issue it's quality, customer service during the 1 year warranty and even after the warranty is long gone, it's when you set the voltage you get that voltage not somewhere close, it's when a new version comes out you can upgrade to it instead of buying a new device. I would say that you can buy any device on the market and replace it enough times to pay for a ProVari that you could have bought in the first place and still be using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread