Received my m401 PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
According to Sean at electronic-cigz.com the 401 PCC's that he has ordered are being made by Smoore. The parts have been made and are ready to be assembled later this week and will hopefully ship from China early next week.

You can check the tread here.
Kinda expensive at $29.95 :( Oh, are those Canadian dollars? :confused:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Got my pre-order in from electronic-cigz about a week ago. The 401 PowerPal will charge both the 401 and 402 batteries, but you'll need some small fingers with the 402 because it drops down in there quite a bit. It looks like cutting a bit of the case material away would help this greatly, but I haven't taken a blade to mine yet. Using this with 403 batteries would be impossible without altering the case.

Heaven-Gifts looks to be selling the same unit (with different branding) for $15.50. I added a few of them to my last order so I can compare them.

Edit: FYI the lid on the PowerPals I got WILL CLOSE with 401 batteries installed. Don't know about the units from Heaven-Gifts yet.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Thanks for the update, still wondering if they're a Smoore product.. The one at Heaven Gifts appears to be the Smoore PCC. I just got one in for a friend but haven't had a chance to use it and will have to give it up soon :( It will charge all three batt styles but the lid will not close on the 401 as we know.

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the update, still wondering if they're a Smoore product.. The one at Heaven Gifts appears to be the Smoore PCC. I just got one in for a friend but haven't had a chance to use it and will have to give it up soon :( It will charge all three batt styles but the lid will not close on the 401 as we know.

According to Sean at electronic-cigz.com, his PowerPals are made by Smoore.

"We have been looking for a good M400-series PCC for a while now, and have tested out some different models. PowerPal is the highest-quality PCC that we have found. It is manufactured for us by Smoore."

Turbo: Check out the video review section of the forum. Moobyghost just did a review of the PowerPal kit.

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Ok, thanks again for the info. Let us know if you get the PCC glitch that some 702 users had w/ theirs. I need to pass the reset info onto my friend if so...hate to give it up!

So far so good. Out of the box both units have been charging fine. All I did was insert the battery and hold the right button for 3 seconds. The LED on the battery blinks to let you know it's connecting and then the light on the front of the PCC turns red. I'll let you know if they start acting up.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Got my pre-order in from electronic-cigz about a week ago. The 401 PowerPal will charge both the 401 and 402 batteries, but you'll need some small fingers with the 402 because it drops down in there quite a bit. It looks like cutting a bit of the case material away would help this greatly, but I haven't taken a blade to mine yet. Using this with 403 batteries would be impossible without altering the case.

Heaven-Gifts looks to be selling the same unit (with different branding) for $15.50. I added a few of them to my last order so I can compare them.

Edit: FYI the lid on the PowerPals I got WILL CLOSE with 401 batteries installed. Don't know about the units from Heaven-Gifts yet.
HG confirmed via email that their PCC will close when charging a 401.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
HG confirmed via email that their PCC will close when charging a 401.

Thanks for the info.

After playing with one of my PowerPals for awhile, I learned a few things:

There's a foam liner press-fit into the top of the unit that's easily lifted out. Once that's out of the way you'll see two screw holes. Using a micro phillips head I removed both screws, which allowed me to push out the base portion of the unit. There's a small bit of foam plug glued to the bottom which, once removed, leaves just enough room for a complete 402 e-cig (but NOT a 401) to fit into the spare battery slot and still let the lid close completely.

Disassembly/re-assembly was fairly straight-forward.. just be careful you don't drop and lose the tiny screws while you're trying to get them back in. :)

Powerpal1.jpg

Powerpal2.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality but all I had handy was my camera phone.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
They finally got it right this time:

*NEW* M401 SMART PCC (Exclusively for M401) - Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarettes | E-Cigs from Smoore

Price is still much more affordable compared to the powerpal which should be the same thing.

That looks like the same unit I ordered from Heaven-Gifts for $15.50. If it's like the PowerPal the 402 battery can be charged in it, but if you have fat fingers you might have to shave the corner of the case a bit.

Buying direct from China will always save you a few bucks if you order enough to cover the freight.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm unable to open the HG website. Any url?

HG charges for shipping by weight but absolutelyecigs charges flat rate of $15. If i buy more than 500grams of stuff, i usually get a better price from AEC in total.

But then again, i buy from them mainly for the excellent CS that i've received.

Here ya go: Heaven-Gifts.

Shipping on my last order was $28 for EMS, but I had 20 attys, 5 901 batts, 50 empty carts and a V3 Joye Stick on it along with the 401 PCC. My price point on the 401 PCC was $14, but that's because of my discount level. I get excellent service from HG, also...

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Thats my point. I would still have paid $15 shipping no matter what i bought.

And i usually buy quite a bit as a group buy with friends. Therefore, its more or less the same. Their prices may look lower but the high shipping negates the savings a bit. I understand that they offer much more variety and AEC only sells Mseries. This is fine with me as it is all i buy these days.

I've dealt with many Chinese sites and suppliers in the past and i've had enough of the English language barrier that they have. I don't have this issue with absolutelyecigs at all and they understand even some of the complex instructions. I've had some special requests in the past and it has always been smooth sailing with them. I once ordered all M40x parts but accidentally ordered one part for the M201 by mistake. I got an email moments after my order to confirm if that was what i really wanted. There are many similar experiences that made me take my hat off them!

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thats my point. I would still have paid $15 shipping no matter what i bought.

And i usually buy quite a bit as a group buy with friends. Therefore, its more or less the same. Their prices may look lower but the high shipping negates the savings a bit. I understand that they offer much more variety and AEC only sells Mseries. This is fine with me as it is all i buy these days.

I've dealt with many Chinese sites and suppliers in the past and i've had enough of the English language barrier that they have. I don't have this issue with absolutelyecigs at all and they understand even some of the complex instructions. I've had some special requests in the past and it has always been smooth sailing with them. I once ordered all M40x parts but accidentally ordered one part for the M201 by mistake. I got an email moments after my order to confirm if that was what i really wanted. There are many similar experiences that made me take my hat off them!

Fedor just an FYI: I placed another order today with HG for 10 302 attys and another V3 Stick and EMS shipping came to $17. Still not a flat $15 but a little more reasonable. :)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
You bought some light items. Try getting a few starter kits or bulk liquids and you'll see the difference right away. Also, there is no way for you to get the items you bought at AEC cos they only sell Smoore stuff.

I know its just an FYI and don't mean to make any comparison. There will always be something cheaper here and something else more expensive there. Its just how businesses work. At the end of the day, there is a bottom line involved.

I happen to shop here and you happen to shop there. The important thing is that we are both satisfied customers. I really do enjoy the superior customer service, quality and savings. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread