Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
USA
I have been making my own juice for a while now and I really enjoy it. I am also saving a ton of money in the process.

I recently ran across an old bottle of Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured and decided to finish it off. I had forgotten how good that flavor was. I think Johnson Creek makes great juice, especially their old recipes. For those not into DIY I highly recommend them. That being said, I enjoy making my own but I'm not sure if I can get close on this flavor.

Does anyone have a recipe that comes close to JC's Tennessee Cured?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
This is my recipe for JC Tenn Cured (Old formula) variation of Kate51's recipe

8ml Nic juice 80/20 PG/VG
1 ml TA (Tobacco Absolute) mix (PA)
1/2 ml Caramel (PA)
1/2 ml Madagascar Vanilla Extract (Lorann)
1 drop Eugenol (PA)
1 drop Vanilla Butter nut (Lorann)

Total 10ml JC Tenn Cured

TA Mix is 2 drops TA + 1/4tsp EM + 10ml PG (Shake and heat in microwave for 15 sec)

Let me know how you like it.
Dan

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Dan
I'm confused with some of the mixing instructions ejuice_calc.11. Originally we were working with the spray bottles of PA top note. Now I've got commercial concentrate, but Virginia flue cured in the spray bottle. I've got Tobacco absolute in the small bottle of very thick solution and not the crystals. Maybe you can give us some conversions or maybe just answer these questions for me.

#51 Tobacco Seedman concentrate 50% Tobacco Absolute 50%
is this 1 drop seedman’s concentrate to 1 drop tobacco absolute
or
is this tobacco absolute to be mixed at 2 drops to 10ml pga/vodka
or
is this tobacco absolute to be mixed at 2 drops to 10ml pga/vodka and a ¼
teaspoon ethyl maltol as per your additional mixing help tab
then
after this is mixed is it a concentrate that should be mixed at about 10% in your overall nicotine/pg/vg/pga mix

how much of perfume apprentice ethyl maltol concentrate equals ¼ teaspoon of the crystals
again from the additional mixing help tab

#54 Virginia Rum tobacco Seedman Virginia concentrate 50% rum concentrate 50%
so now I have the Seedman Virginia solution in the spray bottle. I believe it’s cut 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate at least that’s proportions I’m told to mix at with the Seedman’s commercial concentrate.
How do I relate this to the 50% rum concentrate?
I thank you for all your efforts. Without your help I'd be still buying premixed from china.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan
I'm confused with some of the mixing instructions ejuice_calc.11. Originally we were working with the spray bottles of PA top note. Now I've got commercial concentrate, but Virginia flue cured in the spray bottle. I've got Tobacco absolute in the small bottle of very thick solution and not the crystals. Maybe you can give us some conversions or maybe just answer these questions for me.

#51 Tobacco Seedman concentrate 50% Tobacco Absolute 50%
is this 1 drop seedman’s concentrate to 1 drop tobacco absolute
or
is this tobacco absolute to be mixed at 2 drops to 10ml pga/vodka
or
is this tobacco absolute to be mixed at 2 drops to 10ml pga/vodka and a ¼
teaspoon ethyl maltol as per your additional mixing help tab
then
after this is mixed is it a concentrate that should be mixed at about 10% in your overall nicotine/pg/vg/pga mix

how much of perfume apprentice ethyl maltol concentrate equals ¼ teaspoon of the crystals
again from the additional mixing help tab

#54 Virginia Rum tobacco Seedman Virginia concentrate 50% rum concentrate 50%
so now I have the Seedman Virginia solution in the spray bottle. I believe it’s cut 3 parts water to 1 part concentrate at least that’s proportions I’m told to mix at with the Seedman’s commercial concentrate.
How do I relate this to the 50% rum concentrate?
I thank you for all your efforts. Without your help I'd be still buying premixed from china.

Hi,
Tobacco Seedman concentrate 50% + Tobacco Absolute 50% is Actually the Tobacco Seedman concentrate 50% + Tobacco Absolute "MIX" 50%

TA Mix is 2 drops TA + 1/4tsp EM + 10ml PGA (or PG) (Shake and heat in microwave for 15 sec if using PG).

I have been using the 10% Perfumers Apprentice (PA) "Cotton Candy" flavor at 16 ounce + 2.5ml of TA, Which is the perfect blen for adding to the Seedman flavoring.

8ml of the PA EM concentrate = 1/4tsp

After I have a 50/50 mix of the Seedmans + TA mix I then use 10% of that as normal flavoring to my nic juice.

If you are using the seedman premix and not the concentrate then you use approx double of the premix. Anymore than that will dilute the mix and thin the juice to much.

Hope this clarifies things, if not just ask.
Dan

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Thank you Dan. I've gotten a little off track with the commercial concentrate as I like things pretty strong. When I mixed it everything was fine but after the third day I could hardly stand the stuff (I was away for 3 days with no access to mixing supplies). So now I won't be in such a hurry and I'll let my mixes mellow for a few days. With all the questions you answer you should have a Dan the answer man sticky and a 5 star rating. Me, I've started taking notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread