The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Recommend a 5v box mod

Discussion in 'Requests for Opinions/Reviews' started by Vapenstein, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapenstein

Vapenstein Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2010
    Std 510 attys are starting to not do it for me. Until the vv mod comes out that I can't live without, who makes a 5v box mod that is nicer than the $20 black plastic variety (maybe something with a nicer switch)?

Thanks

2. Sojourner

Sojourner Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2010
    Elmira Heights, NY
    I really love my Tekk mod. No batteries to change out and it lasts 3 days on a charge. Great horn button. Consistent vape with great vapor. It charges with a usb cord. It contains 2 18650 batteries and is regulated to 5 volts. It has a 5 volt in for usb charging, and a 5 volt out to power other devices. The kit comes with all the adapters so I also use it to charge my Droid when I'm out. It will also power a passthrough. I've plugged an ego passthrough into it for a passenger in my car while I was using my Tekk. I really love it with the regular 306 atomizers or 306 cartomizers.

I know COV sells them (although I had a modder build mine). When you realize that you don't need to buy extra batteries or a separate charger, the price is really great. The batteries should last as long as cell phone batteries so I'm expecting to get a lot of life out of this.

I could leave the house for the weekend with just my Tekk, a spare atomizer, and some juice and vape heartily until my return home. I've had this for over 2 months now and I'm still loving it.

3. Vapenstein

Oct 4, 2010
    I was pretty sure I saw a 5v box mod that had a switch like the one on the VMU, but it was an inexpensive mod. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

4. cappadoc

cappadoc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Michigan
    I think you're talking about the Big Kazoo from Kalamazooo Vapor Shop

5. Vapenstein

Oct 4, 2010
    correct! Also the 5V Ken's. Anyone want to reommend one of these two? Thx

6. aislekeeper

aislekeeper Guest

Nov 25, 2010
    West Coast
    I have a Big Kazzo, and let me tell you : It is a Work Horse.
    Tiny 5v vape that is great when your in the car and don't feel like the Big Mod. Throw a 3.0 ohm carto on and you are set.
    Very clean inside...Nothing hanging or loose-A very Cheap Extreme Quality Box :)

7. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

If you grab a VV Ali'i you can use those standard 510's you have, set around 4.6 or so they are really awesome and you would be able to experience all different voltages and Atty's and have a juice feed system as well, I have 2 of these and they are a terrific Box and a small work of art at that and they perform excellent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.