Recommendation for 18650 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Just dropped in.. nothing much to add to this conversation except I vape .6 ohm @ 30W on one and two battery mods. Been using LG HE4's . The odd thing I will say, is I get a longer lifespan with three single batteries than with a two or three battery mod. ... What I mean, is I will only go through two batteries using a single battery mod, having to swap during the day once. Sometimes I have to swap a second time. But with a two or three battery mods, I will have to swap out sets a bit later during the day, but definately once/day. So, with single battery mods, I last all day with three batteries... but I need four or six with the other mods. Kind of confusing, but I hope you get the idea.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The odd thing I will say, is I get a longer lifespan with three single batteries than with a two or three battery mod. ... What I mean, is I will only go through two batteries using a single battery mod, having to swap during the day once. Sometimes I have to swap a second time. But with a two or three battery mods, I will have to swap out sets a bit later during the day, but definately once/day. So, with single battery mods, I last all day with three batteries... but I need four or six with the other mods. Kind of confusing, but I hope you get the idea.
My experiences are very similar to yours.

I have used: 3-battery regulated mod (RX-200)
2-battery regulated mod (Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus)
1-battery regulated mod (JAC Vapour DNA75W)

Used Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A batteries @ 30 watts in all three devices. I got a days use with the same batteries in all three mods.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

Used Samsung 30Q 3000mah 15A batteries @ 30 watts in all three devices. I got a days use with the same batteries in all three mods.

Ah HAH! now I know what batteries you use. :) Good batteries for yours (and my) needs. Since we both vape around 30ish watts, They work perfectly fine for us. Just so you know my "regular" mods...

3 battery regulated (RX200)
2 battery regulated (former Cuboid, now Warlock Z)
1 battery regulated (Smok Guardian III/Eleaf Aster 75W TC)

Currently, I use a mix of HE4's, but they're way past their prime.. looking back at my purchase list, the HE4's were purchased back in January of 2016, and those are my newest. allocated three to the RX200, and one as a single battery. Just goes to show you how if you take care of the batteries, they will last you a long time.

Just now getting a new set. :)

X-Smok-er

Feb 5, 2018

Strange. I always thought sharing the load on dual or triple batteries was more efficient. If I end up in your situation, its pointless me going from single battery mod to a dual battery mod

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Strange. I always thought sharing the load on dual or triple batteries was more efficient. If I end up in your situation, its pointless me going from single battery mod to a dual battery mod
In theory yes, a multiple battery mod should provide longer time between charges. However, much depends upon the regulator's battery efficiency. My single battery mod uses a DNA board, which is more energy efficient than the generic boards used by most manufacturers.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

I agree with what @Baditude said.. it all depends on your usage and how the board regulates power. If you vape above 50 watts, I highly suggest you get a dual battery mod. If you vape below 50 watts, you can use a single battery mod no problem, but a dual battery mod will extend the time between battery usage. If I go to an amusement park with a single battery mod, I'd have to keep a spare battery with me with a single battery mod. I usually take a dual battery mod so I don't have to worry about it. I vape at around 30 watts.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank u all soo much for your advice. Truly appreciated. I plan to move to a dual battery mod. Will check out the recommendations. Really looking for something light and small-ish. Ie able to transport in my pocket.

I'm guessing you mean the device in your pocket...... NOT the batteries. :)

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
The eleaf invoke is another good choice for a light, small two battery mod. It's reliable, well designed, and really is almost as small and light as some of my single battery options. I won one, and was surprised at how much I like it. It's tiny, but very well designed and durable, I have dropped mine several times. Nothing bad has happened.

It may be more realistic to look at two battery mods for all day vaping. You've gotten good battery advice, so also pay heed to it, but a two battery mod is more likely going to meet your needs better (although sometimes folks prefer to carry and extra battery which is fine as long as it is stored safely in a battery case and not exposed to extreme temperatures as you have it with you.

Best of luck,

Anna
That's what I do - I carry 2 to 4 batteries with me. Simple to change out. One day I may upgrade to a 2 battery mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread