Recommendation for cigalike for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visivicous

Mar 23, 2009
(ramblings)
I have been using a Kamry eCab V2, which is a small (length: 87mm, width: 16mm) 14500 regulated (3.2/3.7/unregulated) mod , topped by a Kanger EVOD (tried the EVOD 2, did not like it and switched back to the first model). I originally got this because it was not too large to take to work, and liked it so much that it became my preferred vap at home and while out-and-about as well. I'd happily stick with this setup, but for one major problem: after over a year of near constant use, the button is giving out. That's not really the problem, though: Kamry has stopped manufacturing the mod!

After looking around and asking for suggestions, the only regulated or VV 14500 mod that even comes close to the same size as the eCab V2, is the L-Rider Robust. But the inclusion of an LCD screen, extra buttons, etc., has made the L-Rider too long for my needs (no way it would fit in my uniform shirt pocket). Moving up in size, I could get something like a very basic 18500 mech mod, using a kick and an 18350 battery. That would meet the length requirement, but it would look like I had a flashlight in my pocket instead of a slightly-too-fat pen.

I've finally settled on the idea of a box mod with an internal atomizer/clearomizer. The Billet Box looks great, but I think I will go with the new Joye eGrip. I'll use this as my at-home and out-and-about e-cig, but the box style is too conspicuous for work (though the eGrip looks very shirt pocket friendly).

TL;DR
I think what I need for work is a decent cigalike, though I am worried about low voltage. Access to charging while at work is not a big problem, but the less often I have to find a free outlet, the better. I was looking at the Joyetech eRoll-C, because it is sleek, 3.7 volts, and the PCC looks shirt pocket-able. However, I am apprehensive at the Joye tank system. I used to have a Joyetech eCab 10440 "mod" that used that tank system, but even with the LR atomizer heads, vapor and flavor were practically non-existent. I ended up using the 510 adapter with a Kanger T4 instead.

Any suggestions? What's the 'best' cigalike out there?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Visivicous.Hey there and so glad you are here.. I started out on the Premium ecig and was very pleased with the performance. Most Popular E-Cigarette Kits, Systems & Batteries at Premium Vapes
JC_link.gif
I'm sure you will get many suggestions. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
If I was looking for a decent cigalike, I would likely go the route of the Kanger E-smart. Originally in an 808 format, it then came out in 510 format, and there are both top coil and bottom coil clearos for it. Some options I have seen go down to 1.6 - 1.8 ohms, and batteries can be gotten at 3.7 volts, around 320mah.

It may still be outside of what you're looking for, but an ego battery with the topper of your choice may still be small enough to fit the bill too. I still like them with a Kanger T2 for a compact vape with a decent life.

I have an L-rider robust, and it's not a bad product, but too long for my tastes when I want a smaller vape. Good luck in your hunt!

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I started out on the Halo G6. It is really good when combined with the small tanks they have for it. They allow you to use whatever juice you like with the convenience of a tank type system. They also have a pass through device to fit the tanks that works really good. I got a full 4 to 5 solid hours out of the largest battery they have for that unit. My wife still uses her G6 as a backup.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I started out on the Halo G6. It is really good when combined with the small tanks they have for it. They allow you to use whatever juice you like with the convenience of a tank type system. They also have a pass through device to fit the tanks that works really good. I got a full 4 to 5 solid hours out of the largest battery they have for that unit. My wife still uses her G6 as a backup.
I was going to say G6 as well. Halo also has some of the best juices I've ever tasted and some are available in prefilled cartos.

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ
I bought a few Joyetech eRoll kits a while back to give away to family members that were interested in quitting. The individual parts of the eRoll are fairly inexpensive, though, it can be difficult to source the atomizers at times. They are an excellent vape for the size. There is an updated charging case that should easily get you through the day, as each eRoll generally only lasts about 20 minutes before they need a charge.

Hope that helps a little.

I'll post up some links later if you like, I'm kind of rushing out the door, at the minute.

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
For the money and convenience, I actually use my Blu still. It's a great stealth vape, has 2 batteries, and can be stealth-charged. Plus, the carts are readily available anywhere. I like the charger-box. Stores carts, and like I said, can charge batteries without having wires anywhere. (That is, until you have to charge the box.)

Let's face it. Cigalikes suck. But when you're out in the shop, or in the john....they do make a decent stealth.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
If you can rebuild and it doesn't need to be a tube then the Joyetech eGrip with it's Kayfun Mini contraption is one of the best dole outs of 2014. Its quality vape with a fairly good battery life and in a near Zippo form factor is hard to beat!

However, if it has to be a Cigalike then the Joyetech eRoll Kit with its PCC Mega is one of the finest out there. Carry three batts, few extra tank cartridges or/plus a needle tipped 10ml bottle if you like - and you are good for the day.

2wnwkcz.jpg

1e1kzs.jpg

As long as you swap out the Ego-C heads every 8-10ml (depending on the nature of your e-juice) and prime them before you use your vape experience off the eRoll will remain pretty smooth. I'm a heavy vaper, deep into rebuildables, have a pretty good collection, yet I still use my eRolls off-n-on, especially when flying and/or when sporting a suit!

Btw, eRoll is not just about stealth vaping ~ it's about looking cool as well ;)

Pepperty

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Liverpool. UK
I'd also probably suggest an egrip with the rebuildable base combo (especially if you like a direct lung inhale) it holds 3ml and vapes like a steam train! but it is surprisingly heavy and well made and might pull down on a work jacket pocket?

So for lightweight and smallest form factor you could go for the eleaf istick mini (which is 1050 mAh battery) its only just over 2 inches high! and teamed with an eleaf gs16s tank (which holds 1ml) it'll be short! you can probably add the bending adapter and really keep it box like in mini form factor

If you absolutely HAVE to go with a cigalike I would recommend an SD Keyring (battery is 300 mAh) and boge carto (or even a f15 boge tank)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
(ramblings)
I have been using a Kamry eCab V2, which is a small (length: 87mm, width: 16mm) 14500 regulated (3.2/3.7/unregulated) mod , topped by a Kanger EVOD (tried the EVOD 2, did not like it and switched back to the first model). I originally got this because it was not too large to take to work, and liked it so much that it became my preferred vap at home and while out-and-about as well. I'd happily stick with this setup, but for one major problem: after over a year of near constant use, the button is giving out. That's not really the problem, though: Kamry has stopped manufacturing the mod!

After looking around and asking for suggestions, the only regulated or VV 14500 mod that even comes close to the same size as the eCab V2, is the L-Rider Robust. But the inclusion of an LCD screen, extra buttons, etc., has made the L-Rider too long for my needs (no way it would fit in my uniform shirt pocket). Moving up in size, I could get something like a very basic 18500 mech mod, using a kick and an 18350 battery. That would meet the length requirement, but it would look like I had a flashlight in my pocket instead of a slightly-too-fat pen.

I've finally settled on the idea of a box mod with an internal atomizer/clearomizer. The Billet Box looks great, but I think I will go with the new Joye eGrip. I'll use this as my at-home and out-and-about e-cig, but the box style is too conspicuous for work (though the eGrip looks very shirt pocket friendly).

TL;DR
I think what I need for work is a decent cigalike, though I am worried about low voltage. Access to charging while at work is not a big problem, but the less often I have to find a free outlet, the better. I was looking at the Joyetech eRoll-C, because it is sleek, 3.7 volts, and the PCC looks shirt pocket-able. However, I am apprehensive at the Joye tank system. I used to have a Joyetech eCab 10440 "mod" that used that tank system, but even with the LR atomizer heads, vapor and flavor were practically non-existent. I ended up using the 510 adapter with a Kanger T4 instead.

Any suggestions? What's the 'best' cigalike out there?

Trueman carries a kamry type 14500 "mod": they call it the "RS"
eGo-rs E-cig

lrider robusts aren't made anymore.

Best cigalike is still the joyetech eRoll. They give a pretty good "hit". I use mine daily.

I think the eGrip would be a great idea.

By the way what was your joyetech ecab like using the adapter + a clearo? I never used an ecab that way, just wondering what it was like w/out the joyetech tank system........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread