recommendation for tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I made a Picture Dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices. Includes descriptions, pics, and video links on how they all work. Includes cartotanks and clearo tanks (vivi nova). All are welcome to read:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Additional blog articles can be accessed by clicking the link below my avatar.

vivinovamini-twist.jpg
Mini Vivi Nova tank on an eGo.

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg
Pyrex glass cartotank (IBTanked.com) on an eGo.

DCT-on-ego.jpg
DCT cartotank on an eGo.

Last edited:

Skillyb

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Baltimore, MD
If you want to check out a cheap carto tank before dropping out the bucks for a nice one, there are a couple of simple carto tanks over at Vapor Beast that sell for $7 ppd and come with an XL-length, prepunched carto. I've used the Boge brand carto tank and it lets me vape for days! These will all work fine on your ego but they'll look a little funny without an "ego tank adapter" that's like a metal skirt that screws inbetween the batt and the tank so your ego doesn't look like a lollipop.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
If you want to check out a cheap carto tank before dropping out the bucks for a nice one, there are a couple of simple carto tanks over at Vapor Beast that sell for $7 ppd and come with an XL-length, prepunched carto. I've used the Boge brand carto tank and it lets me vape for days! These will all work fine on your ego but they'll look a little funny without an "ego tank adapter" that's like a metal skirt that screws inbetween the batt and the tank so your ego doesn't look like a lollipop.

And Vapor Beast has free shipping!

Sarl K

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks everyone!! I'm checking them all out now :)

You'll need one of the skinny types, F15 (short) or F17 (long). The F16 is roughly 19mm wide tank so would look a little top heavy, the other 2 are narrower so will be better looks for the ego battery. In fact Boge markets the F15 and F17 for ego batts. The F17 is the same width as the F15 but as long as the wider F16 that I have on my Vamo.

Boge side by side

Boge F15 with ego

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
You can get a boge f16 tank and carto on surevapes.com for under 7 shipped. Good, cheap, introduction to carto tanks. Replacement cartos for it are like 6 dollars for 5.

They now have f17 tanks for 6 bucks, one carto included, and maybe a delrin type drip tip - not sure about the tip. Get your order over $10 with a fivepack of cartos to meet the minimum required. I do not work for surevapes or make money from them in any way, I just get all my cartos there. Their multi-pack deals on cartos are crazy cheap, and free shipping to the U.S. Only drawback is how easily they can go out of stock selling so cheap.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Im using the boge f17 on my twist, works great and its not too big and top heavy

Which cartos at what ohms do you use on that? I'm going to order one very soon, and want some extra cartos. Also, pre-punched or not? Will be using on a ego-T 2 1000mah passthrough in regards to the ohms.

Edit: Just found out, the F17 is meant to use the same Boge F16 1.8 ohm cartos. I was wondering if that was the only option known at this point, I may have to start a thread to find out, but I would rather not...
Regarding the F17, or F16 - will I need a flange on the bottom of the carto, and if so, which model cartos' prepunched holes line up correctly? If no flange is necessary, do I need XL or XXL cartos, I assume the standard size Boges are too short. Anybody have experience with this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread