Any eGo experts out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Hi all. I'm on the verge of upgrading from a cig-alike (V2) to something more sturdy. I posted yesterday about looking at the Twist/Spinner combo that a lot of people have been recommending from MyVaporStore. I did some more research, and I think those Twist/Spinner batteries are just a little big for my liking. My question is this:

I think I'd like to go with some standard eGo 650mAh batteries, but I'm not sure which model to get. There are eGo-C, eGo-T and just plain eGo. I also see standard 510. Can someone please explain the difference between these models? And, will the standard eGo's work with Innokin 16 clearomizers, or the Vision Clearomizer 2.0's? I like the look of those two tanks best. My plan is to buy two eGo 650's, two clearomizers, 4 replacement heads/atomizers, and a charger. Is there anything else that you'd recommend (besides juice, obviously, but I have that covered)?

Thanks for your input!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
The only difference between the T C and plain ego is in what is attached to the top of it. A 650 mah ego is a 650 mah ego, no matter what the letter is.

The 510 is a smaller battery with less mah. It would be a lateral move from the cig a like, not an upgrade. :)

And yes, they will work with anything 510 or ego threaded.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi all. I'm on the verge of upgrading from a cig-alike (V2) to something more sturdy. I posted yesterday about looking at the Twist/Spinner combo that a lot of people have been recommending from MyVaporStore. I did some more research, and I think those Twist/Spinner batteries are just a little big for my liking.
The Spinner comes in diff sizes- 400- 1300 mah.
VISION Spinner eGo VV : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
I think I'd like to go with some standard eGo 650mAh batteries, but I'm not sure which model to get. There are eGo-C, eGo-T and just plain eGo. I also see standard 510. Can someone please explain the difference between these models? And, will the standard eGo's work with Innokin 16 clearomizers, or the Vision Clearomizer 2.0's? I like the look of those two tanks best. My plan is to buy two eGo 650's, two clearomizers, 4 replacement heads/atomizers, and a charger. Is there anything else that you'd recommend (besides juice, obviously, but I have that covered)?
eGo is a class/ style of PV and not a brand. eGo batts can accept either eGo or 510 threaded accessories.
ego2e.jpg
eGo-C and eGo-T have the outdated "tank" system (cartridge+ atomizer) and are prone to leakage. Google "eGo-C, eGo-T leaking".
Realize the V2Cig fires at 3.7 volts while the JoyeTech eGo fires at 3.3 volts.

sigillum.diaboli.718

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Bellingham,WA USA
In a case like this..I would go the ego twist route, this way, moving forward, the vaper has the option of turning up or down the voltage to best suit both the persons intensity level and the atomizers ohm threshold on the fly!
A mini vivi nova v3 tank would compliment the twist nicely.
:2c:

Last edited:

Vedra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
California
I would suggest a joyetech twist or vision spinner. Both are considered reliable gear. Buy the highest mah battery you can deal with, it's much better to carry around one 1300 mah than 2 650's IMHO. I wouldn't buy a mod yet, even a cheap vamo. It may be a cheap mod, but after a few batteries and a charger etc, it adds up. Give it some time to figure out what you like. Many folks find that they keep their spinners lower than they thought they would, and you can always use lower resistance atomizers to make up the difference in wattage for the time being.if you get into rebuildables, for example, you'd likely want a mech anyway.
I still have some twist batts for backup/lightweight use, like wearing a suit without looking like I have a mag light in my pocket. You won't be sorry for buying either.

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
If you are going to switch to eGo, go for varying voltage batteries, like eGo Twist or Spinner. I personally prefer 650 mAh, they are shorter and lighter. 1000-1300 mAh are too big and heavy. With varying voltage you are free to use any type of cartomizer/atomizer/tank. For every certain device you can set the proper voltage. It is a big advantage.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hi all. I'm on the verge of upgrading from a cig-alike (V2) to something more sturdy. I posted yesterday about looking at the Twist/Spinner combo that a lot of people have been recommending from MyVaporStore. I did some more research, and I think those Twist/Spinner batteries are just a little big for my liking. My question is this:

Thanks for your input!

Ok, if size is your problem, then you can have both variable voltage and a very small form factor with the iTaste 3.0:

iTaste VV 3.0 - Variable Wattage Device - Pearl Chrome | Variable Voltage | MODS | iVAPE

Use coupon code "itastevv". Cost $35 each. This is the best ego/stick battery out there. VV/VW, Ohms meter, +/- buttons, passthru usb charging, 800 mAh, puff counter, battery life, LED display, did I mention small form factor. The best of the best imho. You need two of these. Best to you!

Cactuar

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
USA
Get an ego twist for out n about then spend the rest of it on a vamo and thats all you'll ever need.

I can agree with this. If you're trying to move away from a cig-alike then the eGo Twist and Vamo combination should provide everything you will want and need. I used to have a cig-alike but it just wasn't getting the job done. I bought a couple eGo's and a Vamo and I'm as happy as a clam.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
A standard ego is ok but only if you use like 1.8 ohms on it and that will cause the power to die down quicker. I really suggest the Spinner. Its not that big and you get used to it. And most tanks and clearomizers look too big on a 650 anyway.

What I carry is a large ego case and I have 2 spinners with Evods on top and then I put a couple more in the little pockets. Provides plenty of battery life and juice for a whole day.

i personally like the twists depending on how hard you vape the 650 should get you through a day plus but a higher mah will last for two. i thought they were too big my self untill i started using them, now i prefer my 1000mah twist because it fits in my hand better. just get a decent tank or keep your cartos. i started out with kanger t2/t3 makes a nice setup, and they're rebuildable.

Deanacal

May 24, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I've got a 1300 mAh Spinner for at home, and just picked up a 650 mAh Twist for out and about. I love my Spinner, but just wanted a smaller form factor for carrying around, while still having variable voltage. The only complaint I have about the twist though, is holy cow, I can barely read the voltage markings so that's a bit of a challenge. Also my clearos are interchangeable with both of these devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread