Recommendation Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
I'm really excited about these e-cigarettes but I wan't to make sure from some pros what I should choose.

I've come to the conclusion from many threads and posts here that Janty KISSBox's are the best. But I'd like to know which one I should get.

I'm eying the YENTL KISSBOX because I don't like the little mouth piece the other ones have. It reminds me of swisher sweets they sell in the USA. However I'm not sure if that would be a wise choice because I'm a heavy smoker curently. Maybe I'd get use to the mouthpiece? I dunno has anyone else here gone through a buying dilemna because of the mouthpiece? Will the Yentl be good enough?

I was originally going to get the YENTL Mini e-Cig but I'm seeing people say it's not strong enough, doesn't have enough vapor, and so forth. The Yentl KISSBox seems like it's a step up from everyone here.

So should I step up and get the Classic KISSBox, even though I don't like the mouthpiece dealio, or will the Yentl kissbox be good enough? I wouldn't mind alternative brand suggestions but I'd need something as good as Jenty's 6 month warranty.

Also, what is the point of the manual battery? I haven't really understood besides that you push the button for something? To control when it heats up? Is there some benefit to the manual?

Thanks for any and all help and I hope to discuss my hopefully fun experience with everyone after the buying decision part is over and done with :)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Where are you from GiantShift? (And welcome to the boards!). Perhaps it would be a good idea to put your country in your profile, that does help answering questions regularly. :)

To start at the end: Europe is where Janty started out, and their main shop is still there. They do meanwhile have other shops spread out over the world (number of them just coming up to steam now). But at the very least you can also order from Janty-europe, so the main plant. ( http://www.jantyshop.com/)

Batteries and manual switch: with e-smoking, the first part of your inhalation sets the automatic-switch to 'on'; the next part of your inhalation is used to heat up the coil that makes the vapor; and only the third part of your inhalation is used to actually inhale the vapor that was made. That is why you need to e-smoke with long, quiet inhalations... not rough/strong and short, like you can do when smoking tobacco.

Now if you have a manual switch instead of an automatic switch (kissboxes have both, you can choose as your mood tells you to) - then you can push the switch and hold it for a second, maybe two, without inhaling yet... then the first two parts of the inhalation I told about before will allready be taken care of, without you inhaling. Thén you start to inhale, and you get vapour in right away, not with the waiting-time needed with an auto-switch. This leads to much more vapour per inhalation, and also more flavour. So it makes the smoking-experience more intense.

Mind you, like all e-devices, Janty devices also have failures inbetween... they are new, and still have some starting-trouble... so parts do at times have to be swapped under guarantee, if you are unlucky (reason why everyone always recommends starters to always also get a cheap back-up, to have something if the main device has some failure... and this failure chance goes for ALL devices, some more frequent, but all are still prone to it, it's still a new produkt.. be prepared for that)

Mouthpiece: All I can say about that is: most people, including the ones that up front thought they would not like it, actually get to like the flat mouthpieces much more then the round ones once they have smoked with it for a few days. But I can't tell if you belong to that 'most' group until you have actually tried it... probably you can't either :)

Hope I helped you with some of these answers; have a good time on your e-smoking adventures :)

Last edited:

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
I'm from the USA, I'll add that to my profile right now :)

Thanks for answering my questions that really helped. Yeah, I think I could get used to the mouth piece if I had to.

But does the mouthpiece have any advantage over the normal Yentl Kissbox? Can you suck in better or something? Will one with a mouthpiece not replicate a normal cigarette as well(I just thought about this because I want to get off normal cigarettes)?

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
Good cause it's cheaper :)

Are there any cartridges I can buy from some place that costs less then JantyShop or JantyUSA though? It's like $6 shipping for carts, whereas PureSmoker sells carts for $5 with free shipping! Can't I mix different brand carts? That would be awesome if so and gives me an idea, we should have a post that shows what all carts are compatible with what all e-cigs.

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA

Are there any cartridges I can buy from some place that costs less then JantyShop or JantyUSA though? It's like $6 shipping for carts, whereas PureSmoker sells carts for $5 with free shipping! Can't I mix different brand carts? That would be awesome if so and gives me an idea, we should have a post that shows what all carts are compatible with what all e-cigs.

Oh nevermind PureSmoker doesn't have free shipping under 99. But the question is still valid :D

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
I'm from the USA, I'll add that to my profile right now :)

Thanks for answering my questions that really helped. Yeah, I think I could get used to the mouth piece if I had to.

But does the mouthpiece have any advantage over the normal Yentl Kissbox? Can you suck in better or something? Will one with a mouthpiece not replicate a normal cigarette as well(I just thought about this because I want to get off normal cigarettes)?

I have the kiss classic and the jentl.

I like the classic much better, easy to draw, lots of vapor, more liquid in a cartridge.
You get used to the mouthpiece.

Because of the kiss I have not smoked a real cigarette for 3 1/2 weeks now.

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA

I have the kiss classic and the jentl.

I like the classic much better, easy to draw, lots of vapor, more liquid in a cartridge.
You get used to the mouthpiece.

Because of the kiss I have not smoked a real cigarette for 3 1/2 weeks now.

Awesome, congrats :) And thanks for the info, looks like Classic it is from everyone in this thread!

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
giantshift,are you mistaking the kissbox and the ordinary janty models for each other?

theres a yentl and a classic....then theres a kissbox yentl and kissbox classic.

i only have experience of the kissboxs,not the ordinary models.

Nope I am talking about the Kissboxes, not the normal classic or yentl ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread