Spare atomiser for Gamucci Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Hello there everyone,

My virgin post went down like the proverbial lead balloon (I thought I was being terribly helpful, but it turned out I was reading the thread upside-down :oops:) so here's my virgin thread!

About 6 weeks or so ago, I decided to buy an e-cigarette. I saw the Gamucci rather cheesily advertised on YouTube, but despite that I decided to take the plunge and get one. I opted for the Gamucci Micro on the premise that it was the one that most closely resembled a real cigarette. However, this is no longer an issue for me. In fact on reflection if I was going to use it in a public place, I would probably avoid much more harrassment (and potentially aggression), if I was for example smoking a Sedansa Diva with the green LED. Or maybe the DSE901b - the Diva with the extra battery will set me back £95! (and I think that's before postage).

But I've watched Leaford's informative (and entertaining) vid reviews of the Diva and for a pen style it would be a toss up between that and the Janty Classic Kissbox. The cut-off for the Diva seemed to be the only downside, but I wrote to Sedansa about this and received this reply...

It's not a question of time but a question of degrees. You can inhale a lot
of smoke and repeat it several times (around 10-15 hits).
And I suppose the reason they give a 5 year guarantee on the Diva might be because with the 30 second cut-off, the prospect of overheating would be fairly remote...

Anyway, I digress (and rather a lot - sorry!). For now, my only piece (and indeed, peace :)) is the Gamucci Micro, which is apparently a Yentl clone - according to a friend of mine who has both a Micro and a Yentl Kissbox, they are identical in all respects (bar the branding of course). He also thinks performance is pretty much the same, apart from a slightly longer battery life for the Yentl. Indeed, the original atomiser of my Gamucci is still going strong after 3 months - maybe I've just been lucky, I don't know. I've got into a cycle of draining and dry-smoking (and occasionally rinsing) and it shows no signs of conking out just yet...

Nevertheless, the times when it did become a little clogged and I had to wait to use it, and the accounts of many folks on this forum of theirs prematurely expiring etc. convinced that I should invest in at least a couple of backups. The thing is, the Yentl atomisers from Janty are £13 each PLUS about the same in postage including a 4 euro handling fee! (in their defence I should point out that Janty do throw in a couple of free boxes of carts to compensate for international postage costs). Does anyone know of a cheaper atomiser that would be compatible with my Gamucci Micro. I've asked both Pillbox and Smokester whether they think their supermini atomisers - the RN4081 and the TECC0039 respectively (these two look identical) - will fit my Gamucci. They appear different to the Yentl atomizer, in that the Yentl one has the arch of steel wool protruding from the barrel and the two aforementioned parts have a longer barrel that encloses it. I've attached a couple of images to illustrate (I'm unable to link to images etc. until I've posted 15 times).

Any advice much appreciated.

Thx

Stan

Attachments

• yentlatomiser.jpg
    yentlatomiser.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 27
  • TECC0039atomiser.jpg
    TECC0039atomiser.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 26

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Have you contacted Gamucci They may be able to sell a spare

Well no, primarily because I feel, considering how much I paid for the original device, buying from them might not turn out to be the cheapest option. Having said that, I am presuming that to be case (cos I think it probably is), so maybe I will drop them a line. Obviously tho I'd prefer to spend £10 on a couple of atomisers than say £30.

There is this (probably misguided) notion I have, that if I was to shell out £20-£30 for a couple of atomisers then I'd prefer to get them from Janty, because they'd be better quality. However, I think I'm starting to believe this viewpoint might just be bull****! Almost everyone here seems to think they're all pretty much the same, which is why I'm searching for the ultra-cheap option.

Stan

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
if its a yentl clone,then supermini atomisers wont fit it...

mate,just buy a white 901 eco kit from smokester...a whole new,very good ecig and 15 carts for £26 shipped...you wont beat that...and parts are cheap to replace.

your gamucci batteries are bound to be losing power by now anyway...specially between charges...i bet youd see a big difference in performance with some fresh batteries.

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Well to be completely honest ;), I was considering giving this one away...

The batteries don't seem too bad at the moment, tho recently there have been a couple of occasions when one has only lasted an hour - then the next time I charge it, back to normal. So maybe the performance is just starting to get a little erratic. Anyhow if I was going to give it to someone, I thought I'd get a couple of cheap atomisers to go with it. Doesn't seem to be an option tho, so I reckon I'll leave it.

As to the 901, yes, in my first post I mentioned I was considering getting either a Sedansa Diva (seems unlikely at current price) or a DSE901b, the black one, with the green led (to match my eyes :cool:).

Stan

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Hi Stan, here is a place where you can get the atomizer you need for 14.95 euro plus shippingcosts (but the costs will be lower then Janty: this reseller takes a cheaper posting-route). He will also send abroad. SociaalRoken.nl - Hoofdpagina

To get to the atomizer: look at the left side, second green part (webshop), click on "Accessoires" > go to almost bottom of 1st page and you will find the atomizer of the "SR-mini" (this is a yentle branded differently). Click on "meer informatie" there to get a bit more info.

The site is in dutch; if you are having too much difficulty in cruising through it, you can also go to 'contact' left, first green field on 1st page, and fill in a message there: the owner (Frans) understands english and will answer in english; and is very very helpfull, so he will be willing to guide you as far as you need. Payment can be done by paypal (among others).
(Oh and on second page at the top you will find batteries for the SR-mini, so yentle, if you need those too).

Hope this helps.

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Thanks Katink, very much appreciated. And you too Darcy :)

However...I think I may have found one in "Heaven Gifts" UK ebay store. It's for a DSE103, but it looks identical, apart from what appears to be a slightly shorter thread. But essentially it appears to be the same item. I can't post the link here because of the 15 posts rule. Tho of course, as soon as I've contributed that arbitrary 15th post, then I'll instantly become a responsible, trustworthy member of the forum... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this is the listing title - "Atomizer V2 Super Mini E-Cigarette electronic cigarette". Shipping could take a while tho, but I'm not particularly concerned about that. I'm still not sure if it's really worth the bother at this stage, but at any rate, it's useful info for anyone else looking for a cheap replacement.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Last edited:

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Thanks very much for that dc, very informative thread. Looks like the Gamucci is indeed a 103 knockoff - and a vastly overpriced one - oh dear, suckered again!

Having said that, it's the thing that introduced me to the wonderful world of e-smoking and it's served me faithfully for a good 3 months. So all in all I can't say I really regret this particular purchase, especially as I'm now so much better informed (thanks largely to this forum). Also the Gamucci flavoured carts I bought a few rounds of were all very pleasant, subtle flavours. They too however, at £6.95 for a box of 5, were also horribly overpriced (sorry if you're reading this peeps, but they are), and so I switched to Janty's cartridges for a while - cheaper, and in the case of ry4 at least, much nicer! But now I intend to largely ditch prefilled carts in favour of e-liquid - I'm very much looking forward to sampling the Johnson Creek flavours in the coming weeks...

Back on topic - I've emailed "Heaven Gifts" (previous to your post, dc) to ask their opinion, but I think we've pretty much established that the Micro is a DSE103 clone, and so the atomiser will fit. Thanks again for everyone's input :thumb:

Stan

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
The DSE103 atomizer won't fit a Gamucci battery. It has a different size thread on it. I've got both so trust me this is 100% correct.

Ah...well that's ...... on my bonfire!

Hello Phil! How are you? And how's your Micro holding up? Anyway, in the interim since your post, I've been reading the "dse103 mini cig" thread to which you briefly contributed. It seems Leaford was mistaken on this occasion, and so I guess it's the 102 that the Yentl and the Gamucci have been spawned from? Tho of course, I could be wrong...

At any rate, it appears that I'm not going to find an ultra-cheap replacement atomiser, unless of course Gamucci can actually provide me with one (highly unlikely), so I think I'll either follow up katink's suggestion or just give it away as is. If nothing else, for a newbie it's a reasonable introduction to e-smoking. And FREE, so he's got nothing to complain about.

Anyhow, thanks very much for that Phil, saved me a few quid there =]

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
send them an e-mail.
I did next day replacement.

Well, the thing is, the one I've got is still working amazingly well (well the atomiser is anyway) even after 3 months. I'm not sure how it's managed it, as most folks on here seem to describe theirs as packing up after only a matter of weeks, if they're lucky. So if this one was to die (however that may occur...) then yes I could get a replacement. But then who's to say that that replacement won't conk out within weeks. The one I've got at the mo seems to have a charmed life, so I think I'd rather hang on to it. Didn't you have to return your faulty one?

Stan

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
They'll send out the replacement, Stan, and a prepaid envelope so you don't have to bear the cost of their kit crapping out. Most times they don't bother with the envelope. What they will do is ask you to send it back in the hope of provoking the response you're showing, either not to bother or to be unwilling to do without the device for the turnaround time. Send the mail, Stan, you've paid for the warranty.

Good luck

Emp

Stan Ferou

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2008
N/A
Hmm...well I don't know Emp, maybe I am slightly in denial about these batteries. I presumed they were just low quality, and that even if I returned them I'd just get replacements that were similarly substandard. They've only ever lasted about 3-4 hours max of fairly continuous use, but lately even that has been diminishing somewhat.

As for the atomiser, that's still going strong. However it's over 3 months old now. What would you say is the average lifespan of your average atomiser? I've noticed no significant reduction in vapour production, but of course I suppose I wouldn't, it's all a very gradual process. And I simply can't remember what it was like 3 months ago. Since I've started dripping and draining regularly, it doesn't appear to get clogged so readily - I haven't had to rinse it for weeks. For a supermini, I think it's still producing an acceptable amount of vapour.

I do hate sending things back tho and will avoid it if I can help it. But if they're going to send a prepaid envelope that takes a little of the hassle out of it I guess. And the cost of course. I still want to pass this one on eventually, mainly because I no longer appreciate the look of it. Also the Janty carts I've been trying seem to have some serious quality control issues - some of them were completely dry, others had about one ciggie's worth of puff, and then they were gone. So if your using a supermini, I'd say it's e-liquid all the way.

And so back to the original thread topic - it's surely good to have at least one emergency backup atomiser, so that if your main atomiser conks out suddenly, unexpectedly, without any kind of warning, you're not left stranded on nosmokum island - not a very nice place to be. And of course then there is the equally important advantage of being able to use one while your cleaning the other. I think manufacturers/sellers really should bundle at least two atomisers with every e-cigarette.

Stan

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
Hi smokester, I realise that in person in fact i'm what would be considered an old .......! Sorry for the language!! but that's what i am not young but old !!

After a day of johnsons creek i have to say i prefered your generic liquid! We've lost 2 mini dse910b atomisers bought from you and 3 ecig pipes from e-cig.com china in 1 day! Smoke production was very poor after an hour of use with johnsons creek juice! The e-cig.com pipes have been working great with your generic liquid for over a month now and with JC's i'm now on to my fourth spare pipe atomiser with JC's Chocolate Almond Juice! It has a load of what seems like oil at the top of the bottle and my atomisers are heating up like no-bodies business! I've lost more atomisers and vapor in 1 day than in the last 12 weeks! Is this normal as i've ordered a JC non PG sample pack and i have to say i'm not impressed! My husband and i have ordered a lot of e-cigs from you as well as starter packs including my father in laws bundles which in fairness have stopped him from smoking after 50 years of cigarette smoking! The total orders have been more than we normaly smoke day to day! My husband has been a member of the e cigarette forum for the last 6 months and has been sold on your customer service and commitment to e-smoking and he is really dissapointed to his experience today! The generic cartridges are far better and so much more pleasureable in taste to the JC juice regardless of what has been posted so far on the pg based liquids! He ordered the Almond decadense and his father in law the cherry and i must say it's just too much of an artificial flavour and not enough vapour!! I'm sorry if this seems negative but i seem to be drawn to the cheap chinese e-cig.com liquid than your own at the moment which produces far more smoke and it might seem crazy considering the feedback on JC's juice on the forums but this is our personal experience! I have Janty, Gammucci, E-cig.com, E-cigs.co.uk, Pillbox, and Partysmoker! Please don't let us down and have us post on e cigarette forum as we really feel out of all the EU suppliers that you have been the best!

Orchid xxx

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1
  • Reason: child using computer an just typing lol

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
  • Deleted by shawnp1

Jdog

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2008
  • Deleted by shawnp1
Hiya, I bought a Gamucci micro in March and am doing OK - haven't had a real cig for 3 months, pretty good for me... but I've got some questions, can anybody help? How do you clean the atomiser (and why should I do that - mine is working fine)? Can you buy cartridges in bulk anywhere (I discovered I prefer menthol), and where can I get new batteries?
Thanks for any help:)
Pam Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread