Status
Not open for further replies.

Akya2120

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Olympia, Washington
I've been vaping for a little more than two months. I have a vapor king I bought locally. I want a unit I don't have to recharge 4 times a day. Something I can get a huge vapor cloud from. I like my 3.7 volt 180 mAh e cig but it just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Some e liquids I get a totally smooth hit with no flavor some will give me flavor and not so much vapor. I convinced my friend to ge a flugo. If I put my atty on his bat I will get more flavor. Same voltage. Basically I just want a nice vape, I use 100% VG because I don't look for a huge TH or any really. The only time I want TH is when I've been drinking haha. So ask me some more specific questions if you would and I'll answer as best I can.

I was also going to make a genesis at some point. I like the idea I just need to round up the supplies and find a lathe.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Even though I've been vaping for almost a year, I still don't know very much about voltage... not familiar with flugo, genesis, buzz, or infinity. I've heard of provari and sort of understand the concept.

I still recommend trying this post in a different subforum (modders?). Sorry I couldn't be of some sort of help, though. :)

Hopefully someone with that sort of knowledge will come down from what ever subforum that they frequent and lend a hand.

Good luck! :)

Akya2120

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Olympia, Washington
flugo is a different version of the popular ego. The genesis is a custom made atomizer that was thought up by a german, it uses stainless steel mesh to wick the liquid and kanthal wire or nichrome(which is what is the commonly used wire in atomizers), supposedly it will never give off the burnt taste. The buzz and infinity are both variable voltage mods sold on notcigs.com variable voltage(VV) is in my opinion cool because if you aren't getting enough vape TH or flavor you can turn up the voltage, or on the contrary if you are getting too much TH you can turn it down. My vapor king was great until the batteries started going downhill. I don't like the idea of buying a new battery unit completely so that's why I was thinking of buying a unit like the buzz. When the batteries die I can just take them out and put new ones in for like 10 bucks as opposed to buying the new battery unit completely for like 15-20 each. I will go through about 4 charges in a day with my e cig. With a buzz I'm hoping it will last all day.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
A really simple upgrade is a joye ego. Get the bigger mah batter and use a low resistance atomizer. The low resistance atomizers mimic the vapor production of a higher volt device on a regular 3.7v battery. Ussually an ego is the next logical step in a battery upgrade. The next level up would be some sort of mod. Higher voltage mods produce more vapor. If you are looking for a mod, you'd best do a lot of research because they are quite a bit more money then any manufactured ecig kit. Ego is a good way to go for a beginner and the batteries last all day and more depending on how much you vape.

jivefly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
DS, La
I would recommend a Super T Manufacturing - Precise 16. I'm new to vaping but have done the research and if you smoked a pack a day, you probably spent over $100/month on cigarettes anyway. The eGo seems like a good unit, but the batteries are expensive @ $16-$22 and not always reliable. If you buy a mod like the Precise, you get something that is solid and elegant, and has a lifetime warranty, and the batteries are less than half the price of the eGo replacements, and they last longer on a single charge. Not to mention you can buy them almost anywhere as they are generic li-ion protected rechargeable's.

In the end the decision is yours, but after using the Volcano E Cig V-cig for a few weeks and realizing I needed something several levels above, I came to the conclusion that Super T has their **** together and can deliver what I need.

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Variable voltage is where it is at nowdays. Don't lock yourself into a set voltage and limit your options.

Yes, the provari is expensive, but you get what you pay for.
A cheaper option is the "Little Sister" from Ken's box mods. We bought 2 of these for $50 each to have a VV that was UBER small. These things are the size of a bic lighter and you don't have to carry a screwdriver with you.

Akya2120

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Olympia, Washington
Yeah the provari is expensive and nice, but I don't need a digital display if where my voltage is at for an extra 60 bucks... I can just screw up our down depending on what I want that is why I was thinking buzz. Also I believe the precise is only two voltages and non regulated. I like the buxz because it is regulated and has a protection circuit built in for batteries not that I would ever use unprotected batts. It seems like a good unit and I have done a lot of research but I guess i'm looking for a good vv mod at a pretty good price. I dont know if the provari is regulated also I don't think it takes the 18650.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Akya2120 - The Vari does take the 18650 w/the extended cup. VV really does bring the vaping to a whole new level. If you do not want to spend the $$$ on the Vari the Buzz is a nice option too. It has quite a big fan base here. I do not have a buzz but I do have the Vari and the Infinity (buzz's little bro). The Infinity has a small thumb wheel and you can easily change the voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread