• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Recommended mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Damn it, why do I see hate on the D2 lol, I just got my hands on mine and love it for its compactness and overall functions.

What's with this step down thing everyone's talking about, should I be concerned?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong! I love my d2! HAHA when it broke down on me I was damn sad! I'm just saying should wait for d3 (look exactly like d2 but with updated chip)

Step down is when your mod can fire below your battery voltage level. D2 even if it's show 2volt on the mod. It's actually not firing at 2volts if you get what i mean

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
No actually.

Quote: Some devices also are able to lower the output voltage, so-called ‘Step down’. Without step-down, a full battery will provide 4.2V to a 1 ohm coil, resulting in a minimum of 16W, even if you selected 10W as the output power. With step-down, the output voltage of the chip will be lowered to 3.16V in the same setup/setting.
I see.. Hmm, ok that's a good explanation, ok la, I don't usually go that low also, so doesn't really matter.

Thanks!

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Don't get me wrong! I love my d2! HAHA when it broke down on me I was damn sad! I'm just saying should wait for d3 (look exactly like d2 but with updated chip)

Step down is when your mod can fire below your battery voltage level. D2 even if it's show 2volt on the mod. It's actually not firing at 2volts if you get what i mean
I get it Hahaha, ok la doesn't stop my love for it though.. WOAH, IT BROKE DOWN???, HOW??

Reactions: Karstine

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
I see.. Hmm, ok that's a good explanation, ok la, I don't usually go that low also, so doesn't really matter.

Thanks!

I love my vapes cool. That said..for those who are rockin the d2, try vaping @ 1 to 1.3 ohms, 15-17W. Thats the alleged sweet spot.

Last edited:

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
I love my vapes cool. That said..for those who are rockin the d2, try vaping @ 1 to 1.3 ohms, 15-17W. Thats the alleged sweet spot.
Wah, 1 to 1.3 ah.. Been too long since I go the high siah, ok, tomorrow got time I try!

Reactions: ezjayy

vaporado

Sep 25, 2015
In Da Clouds
hi guys, off topic a little, cant sleep at night so thinking whats the "hottest" RDA in market right now? i know the STM and Bellus is quite famous for tanks and some other tanks as well( in case i offended other tank fans :p) had some poison on RDA in me recently :D was looking at the royal hunter mini rda and dang.. it looks so cute! thanks ;)

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Good read, I will now use this as a guide when purchasing my first kit. For a noob who have not vaped before what would you guys recommend?
Ego one, kangertech subox, itaste mvp 3.0(?) - - won't go wrong with any of these..

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Good read, I will now use this as a guide when purchasing my first kit. For a noob who have not vaped before what would you guys recommend?
I've been vaping 6 years but my current around town setup would be fine for a Newbie.
Evic VT
Tobeco Super Tank Mini
Total Cost will run you under $75.00

Since the 5000mah battery is built in and it charges and works as a pass through with any Micro USB Cable this means no battery or charger decisions. Has TC Temperature control but if used in just watts control it's brain dead to operate.
The Tobeco is top fill, doesn't leak and provides a very good vape.

My 2nd choice woud be a MVP3 Pro just because I've had great experience with Innokin. Unfortunately none of my
local vape shops carry it so I haven't had a chance to hold it and feel it.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
I've been vaping 6 years but my current around town setup would be fine for a Newbie.
Evic VT
Tobeco Super Tank Mini
Total Cost will run you under $75.00

Since the 5000mah battery is built in and it charges and works as a pass through with any Micro USB Cable this means no battery or charger decisions. Has TC Temperature control but if used in just watts control it's brain dead to operate.
The Tobeco is top fill, doesn't leak and provides a very good vape.

My 2nd choice woud be a MVP3 Pro just because I've had great experience with Innokin. Unfortunately none of my
local vape shops carry it so I haven't had a chance to hold it and feel it.
"vape shops", boy do I wish we could have one of those here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread