Recommended tanks and cartos for Provari??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Recently ordered my first Provari ..

I went ahead and just got a couple of the DCT tanks and carts for them that are sold on the Provape site, but I read some fairly negative reviews in regards to their quality...

I was just going to ask anyone with a Provari or other 510 thread mod what tanks would you best recommend be used, and the cartos to go with them??

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
The Pyrex tanks are nice. A Phiniac tank looks real nice on a Provari. They are pricey though, like 40-50 bucks. However, they are annealed Pyrex and can take a beating. There is a video in their site of a guy throwing it against a door and it bouncing off on to a concrete floor.

Some of their designs are really cool. I have one of the textured tanks and like how it looks.

They also sell a tank fill tool that speeds up filling. It's like 4$ and worth it.

Another guy on here really likes the IBTanked Pyrex tanks, I believe they are less expensive than the Phiniac.

I'm still working my way through cartos. I've been using dual Coil cartos and they seem fine. I gotta single coil the other day and it's also fine.

As long as you fill the tank properly and let it soak up the juice, it'll work for you.

If you rush it, the juice won't be absorbed well and you may get a dry hit. Avoid this as it is unpleasant and can ruin the carto.

I use a 2.5 ohm carto now and like it just fine. A 3 ohm required much higher voltage, with little benefit for me.

MadVapes has tank replacement cartos for 2$, so try a few to see what works for you and for the types of juices you like.

Typed on my mobile. Please excuse typos.

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
Recently ordered my first Provari ..

I went ahead and just got a couple of the DCT tanks and carts for them that are sold on the Provape site, but I read some fairly negative reviews in regards to their quality...

I was just going to ask anyone with a Provari or other 510 thread mod what tanks would you best recommend be used, and the cartos to go with them??

I have 3 main tanks styles i always keep near my Provari. An all stainless steel Lil Mama tank makes any provari amazing and as long as you get the "slap yo mama adapter itll be easy to fill up as well. My favorite tanks however are the Evolution and Bellas available at Hoosier Vapes. These tanks have a diameter that perfectly matches the provari top and makes your apv look like a little magic wand not to mention every tank they make is one of a kind. In my opinion theses are the nicest looking, easiest to fill DCT's on the market just make sure to pick up and xl sized poly tube or glass tube so you can use xl or standard cartos! If you need a very cheap tank i can vouch for try the fusion tank for ikenvape, it perfectly fits 801/510 cartos for me and is way more durable and lightweight than any other similarly priced one ive found.

For Cartos its very dependent on the liquid, i basically only use 2.5 ohm 801 fusions (xl, and standard sized) for any 70 pg/vg liquid because that's always worked phenomenal for me, where my 100% vg bobas bounty can only wick properly in 2.0 oh single coil smoktech cartos or 1.5 Dual coil cartos ( these carto styles are both sold at Empire Mods). The best cartos ive found for 50/50 liquid is Ikenvapes 2.5 ohm Platinum collection.

Anyways i hope this helps all i mainly use is a silver provari, and a black provari mini with tank cartos and ive just recently found my ideal setup and wanted to pass it along, good luck

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Avid vapor sells the Kir Fanis Prive and Prive Varadero tanks that are made just for the Provari. But they are around $70 and not in stock very often it seem.
I also like the look of the Lil' Mama, and the Texas tuff tank, and the IBtanks, and................ Yeah, I'm no help either! I still haven't figured out what to top mine off with either!
Maybe this rebuldable atomizer thing will be easier than I think and I'll just buy a Z-atty pro and be done? Did I mention I wasn't much help?:laugh:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm the guy that really likes the Ibtanked. I'm currently on my I-pod touch so I can't insert links. However, you can click on the link below in my sig to see my tank setups on a provari, silver bullet, and bb. I also did a review of the Ibtanked in the tank review subforum.

I have Ibtanks, phiniacs, elegance tank from Hoosier vapes, high desert, and smokteck.

Last edited:

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
How are the Smoktek tanks?? I've heard good things about their carts from others.. just curious about the tanks themselves.

And they fit into like the IBTanks without leaking or other problems?

Was also just curious, are the Pyrex ones mentioned made of Pyrex glass?? I worked in a smoke shop that sold .. lets just say -other- devices for smoking -various- things a few years back and the "oil burners" for "speedy" people were made of Pyrex and broke rather easily-hence my asking.

But definitely curious if the smoktek carts will fit in some of the above listed like the IBtanks and whatnot..

94civic3door

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
kentucky
check out valley view vapes only place i buy my tanks dude....good prices get your boges there as well,punch them yourself,id say the sidewinders or the prem tanks would be the best...thats all i use i stoped with all this tank junk and just went glass and have been done with it! basicly glass+ pluid=no cracks!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Thanks for clearing it up, the ones we had in the head shop known as "oil burners" were quite thin. I checked the pheniac and ibtanked sites. Looked pretty cool but I'll have to check out that one. Both ikenvape and madvapes were out of the 2.5ohm punched carts. It's going to be a week and a half before I order more anyway, but the 2.5 seems like a good medium if the 3ohms I'm getting in aren't to my liking.

When it comes to punching your own boge, or any other brand for that matter, is there a tool for this procedure? I'm quite intrigued by it because it seems it would work great for any liquid regardless of pg/vg ratio.. any recommendations on sites for the boge carts and a tool for punching them.?? If such a thing exists..

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
How are the Smoktek tanks?? I've heard good things about their carts from others.. just curious about the tanks themselves.

And they fit into like the IBTanks without leaking or other problems?

Was also just curious, are the Pyrex ones mentioned made of Pyrex glass?? I worked in a smoke shop that sold .. lets just say -other- devices for smoking -various- things a few years back and the "oil burners" for "speedy" people were made of Pyrex and broke rather easily-hence my asking.

But definitely curious if the smoktek carts will fit in some of the above listed like the IBtanks and whatnot..

Personally, I would skip the Smoktech tanks (poly) and go for the IBTanked tanks. Then again, if you don't know that you want to keep using tanks, then the more expensive pyrex tank might not be a good investment and trying it with an inexpensive poly tank might be a better option.

As for the cartos, yes, the Smoktech tank replacement cartos will fit the IBTanked tanks and that is what I use. Just be sure to get an XL tank if you're going to use the XL (tank replacement) cartos, otherwise it will stick out of the top of a standard size tank quite a bit. Still functional, but it looks odd (to me).

Thanks for clearing it up, the ones we had in the head shop known as "oil burners" were quite thin. I checked the pheniac and ibtanked sites. Looked pretty cool but I'll have to check out that one. Both ikenvape and madvapes were out of the 2.5ohm punched carts. It's going to be a week and a half before I order more anyway, but the 2.5 seems like a good medium if the 3ohms I'm getting in aren't to my liking.

When it comes to punching your own boge, or any other brand for that matter, is there a tool for this procedure? I'm quite intrigued by it because it seems it would work great for any liquid regardless of pg/vg ratio.. any recommendations on sites for the boge carts and a tool for punching them.?? If such a thing exists..

This is the punch tool I purchased, and it's been working great for several months:
Stainless Steel Carto Punch v2

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Holy crap.. $6-$30 I can see, but for $100 I think I'd just stick to those already punched, but I'll have to do some research.

I noticed on the Hoosiers site they offered carts punched in house it seemed. Though theirs looked a little like they had just held a nail above it and drove it in with a hammer. Whole thing was dented in where it was punched it looked like lol

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I love tanks. I started using the inferno from volcano simply because it didn't require any VV knowledge and I didn't think I really needed that.. though less than two months later here I am with a Provari in the mail... LOL

The IBtanked and Pheniacs both seemed great. I'll definitely be investing in a few with my next paycheck along with the cartos that seem most recommended. I'd really like to go with the ikenvape 2.5 ohm as several have suggested.

So you purchase the smoktech xl carts and then punch your own holes in them?? What's the ohms on them? When I get another paycheck I'll probably be picking up a couple of the glass tanks, from Pheniac or IBTanked or both. Really my problem at the moment is figuring out a good carto to go with them. If the ikenvape is still out of stock, then I'll more than likely follow your advice with smoktech .. just was making sure you punched those with the tool mentioned and what ohms you're using.. thanks again for all the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread